PC Problem

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
I have recently cleaned up my pc becaue it was noisy, it had a lot of dust in it. >.<

Anyway now when I try to run a game or something it makes a very loud, vibrating noise and the pc freezes and i can't press the shutdown button or the restart button on the pc I can only press the power button on the psu, all coolers work, the one from the mobo, the one from the video card and the one from the psu. The HDD, video card, psu, mobo cooler were very hot and i let the pc case open now so it could get some air.

Any tip what's going on? After it cools down a bit I'll try to run a game to see if it does that again.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Worst scenario - you broke some chip while cleaning..

Good scenario - you forgot to plug in cooler for CPU or GPU

See if everything spins inside of your PC

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Yeah every cooler spins. I hope I didn't break any chip, I'm going to try right now to play Alice Madness Returns which would normally work with no problem. I'm scared now. :s

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What method of cleaning did you use? I really doubt you damaged something with ESD. My bet would be one of the following. Either way though, it sounds like a heat problem.

1. Check your fans. ALL of them. Make sure they're plugged in, make sure nothing's loose, make sure nothing is broken, and make sure nothing is obstructing your fans.
2. Ccheck all of your elecgtrical connections. There might be some issues with power getting to some of the cooling devices.
3. Failing that, the CPU heat sink might be screwing up. Even though it's tightly adhered to the CPU, dust can get in and screw up the contact between the two. Pull the heat sink, clean both the sink and the CPU (make sure the PSU isn't plugged in/powered), reapply thermal paste, and reseat the heatsink.

After doing this, if it's STILL having problems, you might be having bigger hardware problems, IE boards are overheating due to overvoltage/amps/etc.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Well I don't know, it works ok now, it doesn't come up anymore....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom