Outlast - finally a scary horror game :D

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Outlast is a psychological horror video game developed and published by Red Barrels. It was released on September 4, 2013 for Microsoft Windows and scheduled for a PlayStation 4 release early 2014.

[video=youtube;F80Wv66GYSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80Wv66GYSs[/video]

Downloaded it and expected the usual action type game or atleast something half scary, but this game is scary. The fact that you have a camera with night vision is great, but you are really limited on batteries, so you can get stuck in the dark pretty easily. Your only defense is to either run or hide, there aren't any weapons in this game.

I really wonder if any of you dared to play it and what are your opinions on this game?

PS
If you have a gf, make her play this game (best 30min of my life haha)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That seems scary enough. The trailer ending was predictable but damn good. Maybe i'll give it a shot sometime.

Best answers
lol just watched it....that should be scary?LOL you guys are...are...

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
isn't it obvious?I changed my mind :p....
I mean how can one be scared from watching the video , and then be not scared by it after watching it D:

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just play it at night... Watching a trailer is one thing, but being in the same panic situation is another story.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would like to play horror games because they seem to be soo good, but there is no way in hell that I'm actually gonna get the balls to play them :/ But this did seem to have potential!

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can't even imagine what you guys would do if you got a chance to play a horror game with oculus rift. You would probably die in first few mins xD

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Trailer wasn't scary at all, gonna try the new Amnesia instead, loved the last one.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry but the new Amnesia doesn't come close to this.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally a scary horror game?

Nah-ah. There was a horror game before this. Amnesia the dark descent.

This game? Well let's see. Scripted jump-"scares" and I'm using the word scare really loosely here because since they are scripted you know for a fact that most of them can't kill you, and the ones that can kill you you have to play a quick qte to get away.

What else? Oh you can keep looking at some of the jump-scares after they are done, like for example those crazy asylum people. In one of the scripted jump-scares one of them will break through a window on a door if you get too close trying to grab you, more like trying to scare you because he most likely isn't programmed to grab you. After he's done doing that he'll just sit there at the window looking at you and you can keep looking at him. Ablooky blooky woo scares galore.

No thanks I'll stick with the original amnesia that makes me think something is behind me or over me or behind the wall that I'm sitting next to and where the monsters are just going to maul you to death if they get close to you. It also helps that they are scarier than big man with a club that seems to slightly float when he walks.

Also for those wondering about A machine for pigs. True maybe not as scary as the first one but here's what it does have. It's better looking and everything that has to do with sound has been improved ridiculously.

The original had some really good sound and in the sequel that has been improved. Let that sink in.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree that there are alot of points to improve on, but it's the first game that actually scared me. I can't say the same for Amnesia: a machine for pigs. I never played the first Amnesia, but alot of people say it's good and way better than the sequel, so I'm gonna give that a go before I can compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom