New and different KI system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wuts wrong.. i mean if you can find a more better, efficient way of doing things to make the game all the more much better, why not do it?

Best answers
Because
a) Clearly they didn't want a slower, "heavier" game like the one you are suggesting, or they would have made it.
b) Because, as I said before, they might as well start from scratch?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who said it will be slow.. once again you don't have to worry about always refilling your energy. keep on fighting.. basiclaly you'll be fine if you don't beam spam.. u can shoot one here and there but it WILL NOT slow down game play... and remember they are in the process of making the game. it's up to them if they'd like to do a different system

it will NOT slow down game play.. think about it.. compared to the system right now, the system now is SLOWER than the one im suggesting

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know... you COULD just post a reply to my thread. It would have been a lot easier. Anyways, You are not supposed to powerup beyond your PL:
1) Why would you do that?
2) If you do it in order to charge an attack you wouldn't have enough KI to perform the attack. Foolish really.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
i dont think it'll sacrifice the speed of the game. Think about it.

1. People can just continually fight without recharging. In the show they never stood there to recharge ENERGY but instead their PL. It will be continuous fighting.
Yeah, you won't have to worry about managing your ki, that's a negative. Ki Management adds a lot more strategy to the game. You have to use it wisely if you want to stay alive. Havign the game do it for you automatically just makes the game easier to play, not faster.

2. You will have to watch you energy level. Meaning, you cannot be a foolish player and always use the signature moves all the time. If you do, you will be at a disadvantage and will have to find a way to recharge your energy. That will be YOUR bad.
I think that's more than obvious Kong, what's your point? How does this mean that the game is going to be faster? you're just fueling my arguement that it's going to be slower. The people that do lose their energy will spend the rest of the time running away waiting to recharge. What else are they going to do with little ki? Plus, you still have to do that now, fire a big beam, and you've lost a significant amount of energy. A good melee'r can whoop you at that point, BUT you can recharge your ki if you manage to get away and be right back in the fight.

3. Those who don't beam spam the signature moves will always be at a high ki energy advantage. Those who spam it and are left hiding to recharge, the person can always pursue him and kill him since he doesn't have the energy to fight back.
How does this make the game faster? Those people running and hiding will slow down the game. I also don't like the fact that there's a point where I'm low on ki for whatever reason and there's nothing I can do about it.. how lame is that? It's not fun to be useless in a game, especially a fast paced one like ESF. As much as I don't like beamspamming, it's still part of the game, and it isn't impossible to avoid if you stay alert. Your idea almost completley takes beams out of the game. If beamspamming is what you want to stop, I'd rather go with different beams that do continuous damage instead of explosive.
4. Ki regernation should not be quick. I got the idea of how ki should regenerate in the GBA game DBZ boouku touSOMETHING, supersonic warriors in english. The only thing in that game i don't suggest is powering up your energy. Instead, as you hit a player, your energy would go up slightly. Like stated before, melee, kiblasts, and generic beams and balls should barely take off energy. That means, most of your fight would have to come from those arsenals. Signature beams would be a large beam whereas you can do major damage. However, it will not be insta-gib, unless your health is pretty low. Signature beams will be used to get a good amount of damage out, then switch back to your melee arsenal. This makes fights more based around melee and small ki blasts. Signature beams would be used to take out a lot of damage and powerstruggles.
I don't like the idea of gaining energy when you damage someone, that puts the attacker at a way bigger advantage than the loser. The way it is now is more realistic, and gives each player an equal chance to win. You're not going to feel energized after you punch someone in the face. The more you fight, the more tired you get, lets just stay with logic on this one.

The way the beams are is fine, the only time people spam big beams are in bigger servers. It doesn't work in a 1on1, becuase melee users are too fast and you can't powerup a beam in time. The point being, if you keep the beamspammer in your sights, he shouldn't be able to beamspam you very much.

5. Because of the energy usage for melee, kiblasts, and generic beams and blasts will be very little, speed will not be a factor in this.
As i said before, this just makes the game too easy. Managing your ki is a hard thing to do, if you take it out, it makes the game tons easier. Sure, you could fight for a long time, but if the two player are equal in skill, it's going to take forever for somoene to get a hit. That's when I get most of my openings, when they're powering up. that's one thing I hated about 1.0/1.1, fight a player near your skill level, and be ready for a long fight, becuase you're not going to be hitting eachother for a while.

That's why I beleive your system will slow the game down. Bihal has a point as well, you're asking the team to completley revamp the Ki system.. which no one really has a problem with anyway. I don't think it's going to happen.

Best answers
First i like it how ur trying to make it like the show it self , and i really like it when ppl just use stupied beams to kill in a row wich i hate so much this is not a bad idea but it will be a lot of chanegs to the game it self

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the idea is good but tell me will peuple even use beams other than genetic beam/ball if its a risc for you dont risc it so we are back to no beams only melee wich can be boring in a while

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Yeah, you won't have to worry about managing your ki, that's a negative. Ki Management adds a lot more strategy to the game. You have to use it wisely if you want to stay alive. Havign the game do it for you automatically just makes the game easier to play, not faster.
You don't have to worry about ki management during melee fights.. of course you have to worry about ki management if you're shooting large beams all the time.. the only thing about the game being easier is that you don't have to always recharge all the time.. this allows you to concentrate more on the fight than constantly stopping to get an energy refill.. thus making fighting MORE fast paced because you're not constantly stopping to recharge

I think that's more than obvious Kong, what's your point? How does this mean that the game is going to be faster? you're just fueling my arguement that it's going to be slower. The people that do lose their energy will spend the rest of the time running away waiting to recharge. What else are they going to do with little ki? Plus, you still have to do that now, fire a big beam, and you've lost a significant amount of energy. A good melee'r can whoop you at that point, BUT you can recharge your ki if you manage to get away and be right back in the fight.
it will make it faster because you're not constantly recharging.. you're constantly fighting and you're not stopping to recharge.. when you stop to recharge ENERGY (which is highly unlikely that characters can have an infinite amount of energy) it stops the fighting for a bit.. then you start to fight.. If you do attack that do not take a lot of energy you are continuously fighting.. that makes your argument of it slower wrong..

the people that lose their energy are the signature beam spammers.. with little ki they can get involved in advanced melee or shoot small ki balls.. like i said even though you're low on ki you're still able to participate in melee.. the only downside is that you can't fire a signature beam until your ki refills

How does this make the game faster? Those people running and hiding will slow down the game. I also don't like the fact that there's a point where I'm low on ki for whatever reason and there's nothing I can do about it.. how lame is that? It's not fun to be useless in a game, especially a fast paced one like ESF. As much as I don't like beamspamming, it's still part of the game, and it isn't impossible to avoid if you stay alert. Your idea almost completley takes beams out of the game. If beamspamming is what you want to stop, I'd rather go with different beams that do continuous damage instead of explosive.
Those hiding will hide for one reason: to refill their ki to shoot another signature beam.. now if you have a lot of ki and they have no ki left, they would be slower so you can track them down and kill them.. it would be their fault for wasting all their energy beam spamming and would have nothing left

As i said before, this just makes the game too easy. Managing your ki is a hard thing to do, if you take it out, it makes the game tons easier. Sure, you could fight for a long time, but if the two player are equal in skill, it's going to take forever for somoene to get a hit. That's when I get most of my openings, when they're powering up. that's one thing I hated about 1.0/1.1, fight a player near your skill level, and be ready for a long fight, becuase you're not going to be hitting eachother for a while.
it's unrealistic to be able to have energy you can refill at your own will

That's why I beleive your system will slow the game down. Bihal has a point as well, you're asking the team to completley revamp the Ki system.. which no one really has a problem with anyway. I don't think it's going to happen.
it won't slow it down, it will make the system much faster.. read up there

Best answers
i like the idea. i think people do have a problem with beam spammers and always having to refill their energy, it doesn't make any sense that you can refill energy.

even though this will have to change the entire ki system, it would make the fights more fluid, easier, and much more intense

Best answers
The whole idea is sound, but i have only 2 issues with it. If players can focus more on fighting, then with the new supposed Ki system, players would be able to run away more, second is what about the teleport, perhaps you mentioned it and i didn't get it but i don't recall reading about it in any of your posts?

Good job with the idea dude

TRake Care
Ciao

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
You don't have to worry about ki management during melee fights.. of course you have to worry about ki management if you're shooting large beams all the time.. the only thing about the game being easier is that you don't have to always recharge all the time.. this allows you to concentrate more on the fight than constantly stopping to get an energy refill.. thus making fighting MORE fast paced because you're not constantly stopping to recharge
You're missing my point. Recharging doesn't slow the game down. Sure, you physically stop when you recharge, However this leaves you open to attack for the other player. The player can take advantage of this and go for an attack, and if you don't do something you're going to get hit. Without the ki management it'll just be swooping wars for an eternity. I don't like it becuase it makes the game easier.. not slower, recharging is one of the hardest things to do if you're up against a skilled fighter.

it will make it faster because you're not constantly recharging.. you're constantly fighting and you're not stopping to recharge.. when you stop to recharge ENERGY (which is highly unlikely that characters can have an infinite amount of energy) it stops the fighting for a bit.. then you start to fight.. If you do attack that do not take a lot of energy you are continuously fighting.. that makes your argument of it slower wrong..
No, it doesn't stop the fighting.. it stops your character, the fight is still on. The game doesn't pause when you recharge, which is what you make it seem like. Recharging has a lot to do with strategy in ESF, and their not going to take it out. Like i said before, it takes skill to recharge at the right time, and if you take recharging out... you're making the game A LOT easier, not faster.

the people that lose their energy are the signature beam spammers.. with little ki they can get involved in advanced melee or shoot small ki balls.. like i said even though you're low on ki you're still able to participate in melee.. the only downside is that you can't fire a signature beam until your ki refills
That's dumb, forgive me for being blunt, but a game that allows you to be completley useless for a period of time just sucks. I mix beams with my melee all the time, generic, signature etc.. I don't like the idea that signature beams are going to drain my ki so much, and if I end up running out, I just get to run around the map like a retard waiting for my ki to recharge. Or worse, someone basically gets a free kill from me? Even if you're a spammer, and you fire off two signature beams.. now you have low ki and you're basically going to die, nothing you can do about it. That's just stupid, and that's not a good way to stop spammers, it's a good way to butcher the game.

Those hiding will hide for one reason: to refill their ki to shoot another signature beam.. now if you have a lot of ki and they have no ki left, they would be slower so you can track them down and kill them.. it would be their fault for wasting all their energy beam spamming and would have nothing left
Those hiding will be hiding to refill their ki.. I know, that's my friggen point. Thagt's all they can do, hide. Does that sound like fun for you? I know it's their fault for using the beams... but that's whats stupid about it. You're limiting the amount people can use beams.. let's just make the game entirely melee and forget about beams. Beams are extremely useful and advantageous if used properly with melee, and what you're trying to do is take away the ability to mix beams with melee. The team made 1.2 to involve more beams in the melee, and this system completley ruins that.

it's unrealistic to be able to have energy you can refill at your own will
Hello.. this is a DBZ mod... firing beams period is unrealistic.. don't tell me that something in the game is unrealisitc, becuase everything is.

it won't slow it down, it will make the system much faster.. read up there
Listen.. something you seem not to understand... these are just our opinions, what you have posted above are not "facts", they're your ideas. It's not even a tested system, so both of us are clearly just assuming what this system would bring to ESF. You can't just say "it won't slow it down, it'll make it faster, read above". Your text doesn't prove anything. I think you and I will just have to agree to disagree, but either way, I can garauntee that this system will not replace the current one. I don't even understand why you want to change the Ki system so drastically, when no one really has a problem with it. It's just an unrealistic thing to ask for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's dumb, forgive me for being blunt, but a game that allows you to be completley useless for a period of time just sucks. I mix beams with my melee all the time, generic, signature etc.. I don't like the idea that signature beams are going to drain my ki so much, and if I end up running out, I just get to run around the map like a retard waiting for my ki to recharge. Or worse, someone basically gets a free kill from me? Even if you're a spammer, and you fire off two signature beams.. now you have low ki and you're basically going to die, nothing you can do about it. That's just stupid, and that's not a good way to stop spammers, it's a good way to butcher the game.
and my reply to that was....

the people that lose their energy are the signature beam spammers.. with little ki they can get involved in advanced melee or shoot small ki balls.. like i said even though you're low on ki you're still able to participate in melee..
so you're not useless because "with little ki they can get involved in advanced melee or shoot small ki balls" and generic beams but not one after another because your energy will refill automatically like the GBA game supersonic warriors. You will still be able to fight but not use signature beams.

i also stated that if you're not managing your ki, you will find yourself without any ki left... meaning you already shot 3 kamehamehas.. now you want to shoot another one but you don't see your ki is near empty.. you charge and shoot one.. thus you're TIRED and can't do anything because that's your fault.. however with the full bar you were able to shoot 3 kamehamehas. and you said no one has a problem with the current ki system now.. how about those that complain of the beam spamming? those who beam spam will be disciplined.. i thought ppl hate the beam spamming..

im just saying this will stop beam spamming and make it closer to the show.. because in the show they didn't have infinite energy or ki.. in the show they powered up their PL.. in the show they used more attacks that wouldn't take up much ki such as melee.. and they didn't constantly shoot kamehamehas every second or big bangs eithr. remeber the fight with goku and cell in the cell games?? goku took the chance to use up all his ki on his kamehameha to defeat cell.. or when goku was ssj3 against kid buu.. he wanted to end his fight with kid buu so he used up his ki to shoot a kamehameha at him.. after that he was drained of energy because he used it for that attack

so in all althought u shoot for instance 2 kamehamehas you'll have energy still to do melee and ki blasts and generic beams like i said in the first post as long as your watch your ki and how much each drains... because theses attacks should barely drain ki.. it's only signature moves you have to watch out for and not be careless

Best answers
I definetly support you imkongkong.. you are truly right..
I wanted to suggest something almost exactly like this but i thought ppl would hate for suggesting such a thing..:p |:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe beams KI cost should be cut down a bit. That might enable more beam spam but I doubt anyone will beamspam if he knew he would die afterwards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't you just write it down? I don't feel like searching...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kong... no one is going to change the Ki system just for beamspamming. You're impossible to argue with, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm pretty sure the team is happy with the current way things work with the ki system. When I ask you why you want to change the ki system, you reply with something like "This will stop beamspammers, and it is better." Well #1. There are easier and less complicated ways of stopping beamspammers, and #2 it's your own opinion that your system is better.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

Best answers
OMG!!! THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST SUGGESTION EVER!! :D THUMBS UP! I VOTE YES! If this was implemented it would make it SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more fun...Just thinking about playing like this makes me excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom