My newest design

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I barely started.

Im making this little thing for the r-esf tourny. Since i was asked so kindly to do it ^^

It aint anything special. And ill be trying to keep it as simple as possible.

First impressions?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cant tell much of it at the moment, it somehow remids me of an castle with them 2 towers there ^^
oh and the right side of your pic makes me dizzy with the colored lines =O

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
Cant tell much of it at the moment, it somehow remids me of an castle with them 2 towers there ^^
oh and the right side of your pic makes me dizzy with the colored lines =O
Its called wireframe >.>

And its there so you can see the edges of all the brushes ^^

As for the map. Yea itll be a castle. There are 4 towers but since i havent done the terrain from the wall (still need to add it in) to the ring yet its not realy worth showing that part.

Also since im fairly limited with textures (realy need to reformat my PC but the darn CD-rom is broke) ill have to pull some tricks out of paintbrush ^^

So moastly ill be using default textures or ones downloaded from the net ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't tell much yet, but keep it up. =)

A castle map... sounds cool. Reminds me of my first complete map, a castle for TFC. Sniping from archer's pillars into a courtyard is awesome. XD

You should try making a castle in the clouds like that giant's castle on "fake Namek" from the series. Rats map-ish tournament castle? =o

If you need any help with textures, let me know. I've got some sitting around I've never used, and I'd gladly help you with making some new ones.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You woldnt happen to have some neet looking wall textures that would fit an old castle in there would you?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something like this? http://xs73.xs.to/pics/06123/tilebrick1.jpg

I've got a few indoor textures, but most of them are small edits of good ones I find (www.limefly.net is a good site for textures which I just recently found). Most of the ones I make from scratch or work on a bit are outdoors-type textures.

If you have Photoshop, there's some very useful things you can do in it to turn normal images into smooth, tileable textures. It's often as easy as searching Google images for "grass," grabbing a part of a picture, cleaning it up in Photoshop, and getting it to tile properly (and making sure to give credit to the original, if you can find it.)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THX ill look up that site.

Also jea thats just the kind of texture im looking for.

Oh and i have Paintshop Pro and Photoshop CS2. But remember in my first post i mentioned about some PC problems why i need to format my PC. Those 2 programs dont wana work nomore. >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, not too bad, but if you make terrain, do you always cut it up so manye times for the hills and stuff? I only do it where I want hills, lol, that might be my problem, hehe.

what skybox texture are you gonna use for this?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Hmm, not too bad, but if you make terrain, do you always cut it up so manye times for the hills and stuff? I only do it where I want hills, lol, that might be my problem, hehe.

what skybox texture are you gonna use for this?
Caugth the cut up part is all terrain >.>

And the sky will be night over the see.

Itll look great with the ring being transparent

EDIT:
Done with the terrain ^^
Gona do the castle walls tomorow.
The black lines arnt visable ingame so dont ask XD

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/428/resftournament3bm.jpg :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Omg! I see black lines all over the place!.. *sarcasm*.. Anyway, the map looks really nice. I just must admit that, i like it. I just wonder / curious how the complete map would look like, as said above. It looks great so far! ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, nice black lines, and you said it's gonna be trnsparent(the tournament area), well that's cool, this map is gonna be great, well good luck!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Wow, really nice. The maps you guys make are better and better lately. Very great! I can't wait to play on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom