Linux esf server turns itself off

Best answers
I'm trying to host esf server on linux platform. Everything works quite fluently, except that after an hour or so server turns itself off:
Host_Error: WriteDest_Parm: not a client
I thought it was because of bots, so i forbid them to connect to the server, but it's not helping - server's still doing this crap. No idea what's wrong, so i hope you guys will be able to help me. Thanks.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought bots only connect to non-Steam servers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try installing the latest HLDS update and switching it to STEAM only mode. See if that was the issue.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldn't he get validated before getting help? Just asking.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought validated users had yellow name. Anyway is it right to support a Steam user with server which allows non-Steam users (that would make sense, as Steam only server would be empty 99% of the time)?

Anyway, I don't see how you get this error. If you made everything correctly by tutorial, everything should be fine. If you're having problems with something that should potentially remove those bots (like a plugin), then provide us with more info.

Last edited:
The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I thought validated users had yellow name. Anyway is it right to support a Steam user with server which allows non-Steam users (that would make sense, as Steam only server would be empty 99% of the time)?
I am validated and have a red name. Strange, isn't it? :D
There was a bug in the new system, allowing users to bypass the e-mail confirmation. His primary group, which also defines how the name is displayed, is still "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation".
The real and proper way to see whether someone is HL verified is by looking at the line under the post counter.

Best answers
hleV
Anyway, I don't see how you get this error. If you made everything correctly by tutorial, everything should be fine. If you're having problems with something that should potentially remove those bots (like a plugin), then provide us with more info.
Hmph, i don't think that country kicker is causing this trouble. It works fine, evolutionx and those dotes are instantly kicked. I'm using country kicker, which i've got from yourself btw.

I'll test this with steam-only server.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you've probably made a mistake when setting up the server. Or Valve screwed Linux HLDS once again.

Best answers
Steam-only server seems to work without turn-offs so far. Although I turned off some plugins one after another to see if that was the case. I wonder if it's working normally just because i deleted trail plugin.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Steam-only server seems to work without turn-offs so far. Although I turned off some plugins one after another to see if that was the case. I wonder if it's working normally just because i deleted trail plugin.
Please email confirm your account and re-validate, thanks! :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please email confirm your account and re-validate, thanks! :)
Oh for gods sake Sky. He has a validation mark as OKd. Hes obviously not a bot. So just manually move him to the correct group >.<

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh for gods sake Sky. He has a validation mark as OKd. Hes obviously not a bot. So just manually move him to the correct group >.<
Come now Grega thats to much hard work for sky lol

Best answers
Why should dedicated linux server owners be validated to receive help?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why should dedicated linux server owners be validated to receive help?
They shouldn't. But according to Sky you must be validated to receive any help. ANY. Unless I'm missing something?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They shouldn't. But according to Sky you must be validated to receive any help. ANY. Unless I'm missing something?
A loophole in the plan i guess. You can get HLDS to run without having to buy HL itself. Guess we just didnt think of server help when unleashing the pluggin ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom