💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the first time i wsa actually serios about modeling somthing, and i didnt make the textures, i used the same photo i used for reference for them i know the tip of the blade is a ll messed up but other than that it seems fine to me as of now
comments and crits please

update below

Best answers
Dude that rocks...and the tip is alright, some katanas are like that.

Will we see that model in ESF? or....will you use it in other mod/game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks something for Bushido.

But their Katana was only released for teh skinning contest.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the Bushido Katana and his is longer in the blade and handle. I like the skin on then handle but I think the blade needs work. It lookes like the tip is rusted and ready to break.

Best answers
i have a katana kinda like that but w/o that kind of handle really good.. could it be used for trunks?

Best answers
Be pretty sweet, no wait,more like AWSOME, if it was a model edit of Trunks sword :D

And instead of having it on his back. He would have it like a real samouri and have the swords holster on his waste belt. And put it out and hold and use it with both hands. Instead of holding it in one and then hiting with two. That would be a whicked model edit of Trunks sword and a Model of how i just said it could look like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if i feel like it i might try and make a low poly model for trunks since this ones 1000 polys. does anyone know the number of polys in his sword now? if he held it like a samuria then he could do the lil ritualistic suicide that the do when he dies too lol. ya the andlde does look screwed up but thats because it was very late when i made this so i think i'll actually try making a material for it now
i'll have an update soon, i redid the blade and now its half as many polys as before, and the edges look right from other angles

just ignore the hilt on the new one, i kinda screwed it up. its next for a remake :D the poly count is 524 now

Best answers
awsome, it would look really cool if it had a temper line

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would also make the polys got alot higher, i made an even lower poly version lol this ones only 250 cause i remade the hilt, if i could figure out all the stuff needed for it i might release it for trunks sword

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i did wanna go get one, only there so expensive! here they are like 500 euro
and the model looks verry good, of you would make it look like, a LITTLE rusty texture on the blade and it would like more realistic, and used, but anywayz, this looks good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol just to warn you i used .pngs for the skin, and thats not gonna happen for the final version since i need crappy lookin .bmps

if anyone knows the specs for the origional sword including how they did the skin, as i dont see a .bmp for it, its .smd name, any animations, pm the info to me, as i cant seem to find the sword myself thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn! i think thats a lil beyond my skill

update!
low poly version, not sure if i did the texturing right but now its with a 8 bit 256x256 bmp
look a lil further down for a better pic :p

Best answers
bleck, the low poly version looks craptacular

isnt the model for the sword that trunks has separate from his own model, and the limit of polys in a hl model is somewhere around 1 thousand isnt it?

edit:
the originals were quite good though

Best answers
:shocked: it looks so blury it hurts my eyes , u should probobly sharpen it so its not so blury , and im not talking about the blade

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason why its blurry is because of the .jpg, its pretty much the same as the one labeled new up above, just it has a lower quality skin because of the resizeing and theres not much i can really do about that i'm afraid

here it is saved as a .gif

looks a lil better eh?

Best answers
looks great man! I think the blade is either a little short, or the handle a little too long, but that just may be me. I don't think you should put any rust or anythin on it 'cause a true Samurai takes better care of their sword than that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom