Jaw dropping RPGs

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So anyone of you has a RPG to recommend me (I prefer the PS1/SNES classics) .

Basically I played Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross and Xenogears..

GAMEPLAY DOESN"T MATTER. I only care about story, it is like a movie for me, nothing more.

I am looking for complicated stories and jaw dropping plot twists (and many of them too). in Xenogears I was just amazed, seriously amazed.
Good writing is also important and a feeling that the group of people you play with really have a relationships and (maybe) conflicts with each other.

And recommendations?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Final Fantasy IV and VI are the first two that jump to mind. V was more for the gameplay, was basically a self-parody game for the series.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I heard about FF6 being the true best FF. How does it compare to xenogears or Chrono trigger

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The only things I know about FFVI is that they're good things. FFIV was one I actually played pretty thoroughly, and damn did it have more depth than I originally thought. As for Xenogears and Chrono Trigger, I've never played either, I just go off of what I've heard.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lost Odyssey is a really good RPG.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Anything from the Final Fantasy series really, most notably Final Fantasy 7. Great story :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
VII is hands down a beast, storywise. I haven't played through VI but from what I gather it is one of the best FFs, other than that I would suggest VIII as well.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If you'd like to play FFVII like the professionals do, name everyone Sephiroth.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I played FF7 until I reached that Las Vegas city, I am sorry but this game just feels very banal, it doesn't feel it has any depth, and as I see it, assuming Sephiroth is the main villain he is a shallow one.

And most of it feels childish..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously try Grandia.

It starts off kinda slow, but it picks up when you reach the great wall.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there was one called The last remnant for 360 that i actually liked, it was more of a gameplay thing though but the story wasnt bad.

it has a bit of a learning curve, badass soundtrack, you have HUGE battles and theres an insane amount of characters in the game, very strategy based instead of just spamming limit breaks and whatnot.

the only bad things i ever had to say about it once i got into the game, is that it can be friggin hard as hell And There is alot of slowdown in bigger fights,

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there was one called The last remnant for 360 that i actually liked, it was more of a gameplay thing though but the story wasnt bad.

it has a bit of a learning curve, badass soundtrack, you have HUGE battles and theres an insane amount of characters in the game, very strategy based instead of just spamming limit breaks and whatnot.

the only bad things i ever had to say about it once i got into the game, is that it can be friggin hard as hell And There is alot of slowdown in bigger fights,
Yea i had that to. Story was meh. But framerate was stable (i had the PC version) Somehow after reading a few guides i figured out i didnt have any of the character special attacks except for the main char though. Other than that its a really grindy title.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I played FF7 until I reached that Las Vegas city, I am sorry but this game just feels very banal, it doesn't feel it has any depth, and as I see it, assuming Sephiroth is the main villain he is a shallow one.

And most of it feels childish..
I understand what you are saying, it's funny though that you stopped playing right before the story picks up! I am talking about the backstory to Sephiroth as well as Cloud and how they actually are connected. The town of Nibelheim and its happenings is the lynchpin of the story and by all means not "banal". From that point on, new characters such as Vincent and Zack are introduced which spurred several prequels and sequels to the main story in VII. It's a shame you did not play it through.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I understand what you are saying, it's funny though that you stopped playing right before the story picks up! I am talking about the backstory to Sephiroth as well as Cloud and how they actually are connected. The town of Nibelheim and its happenings is the lynchpin of the story and by all means not "banal". From that point on, new characters such as Vincent and Zack are introduced which spurred several prequels and sequels to the main story in VII. It's a shame you did not play it through.
Don't they say in the beginning that they served in some kind of army together? That is pretty much it no?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Far from it.
Do you mean my memory mistakes me and they never served in some army/security company (cant remember
) or that they DID but there is more to the picture?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your memory is fine, it was a response to "That is pretty much it".

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you mean my memory mistakes me and they never served in some army/security company (cant remember
) or that they DID but there is more to the picture?
To pout it as simple as possible without doing much of a spoiler in case you want to play it.

Your memory is fine. Clouds memory is the thing thats broke ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom