I really hope Americans arent this stupid.....

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE[/ame]

Please tell me that this is a minority...
As an Australian I am particularly offended by the geographical ignorance of these people...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a minority.

That video is a montage, too. I posted it before but you really shouldn't take it seriously.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I should hope so. At heart I really do know that this isnt a basis for an accurate depiction of America, but the level of ignorance in this video is qute disturbing. Sometimes I am perplexed whether to laugh or cry.

Does anyone here have a good example of such global ineptitude?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
They probably interviewed thousands and thousands of people to get those 5 minutes of video, so no, it's not exactly fair.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course, I know this, it doesnt make it any less disturbing.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You're just figuring out that there's stupid people on this planet?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=þ

Haha no, its just I could gather all the genetic dunces of my populus, and they would still answer these questions correctly.

You got any examples of human idiocy that make you wanna facepalm harder than ever before?

Last edited:
Best answers
I think there are people like this in almost every country all over the world, its just that there are a few funny prejudices about America - at least in my own enviorment - but which arnt taken that seriously - once again, here where I live -, and this video is funny because it strengthen these prejudices.

But I also agree that they maybe have recorded 500 minutes or so and could just take out 5 minutes of idotic statements etc.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
yep. this or some other "america is stupid" garbage.

same thing is said in every thread. "lol americans are so dumb" "rofl, this 5 minutes of footage totally proves that all americans are retarded LOLOLOLOOLOLOOOOOOOOL"

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There are dumb people in every country. Zeo posted a video that did the same thing in Germany and the UK the last time this popped up to prove that you can make the population of any country seem dimwitted if you edit it correctly.

Move along, nothing to see here.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=þ

Haha no, its just I could gather all the genetic dunces of my populus, and they would still answer these questions correctly.

You got any examples of human idiocy that make you wanna facepalm harder than ever before?
really? cos you just proved you're below that minority.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it is a troll thread. People honestly believe that the people in that vid is a random sample of americans, and that in their country, no such people exist.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it is a troll thread. People honestly believe that the people in that vid is a random sample of americans, and that in their country, no such people exist.
Yes, but we, for example, didn't vote out Bush for the president. Twice.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
According to the popular vote, neither did we.

That also has nothing to do with this topic. This topic is about ignorant prejudice against one group of people when in reality, we're all just people.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but we, for example, didn't vote out Bush for the president. Twice.
No, your country's inhabitants kill each other for land. That's totally not primitive.

And also irrelevant. See what I did there? >_>

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There are dumb people in every country. Zeo posted a video that did the same thing in Germany and the UK the last time this popped up to prove that you can make the population of any country seem dimwitted if you edit it correctly.

Move along, nothing to see here.
I tried to find videos of stupid Australians done in the same manner of this video, but alas there were none. There were, however, tons of videos of drunk blathering Australians, Aussies injuring themselves with fireworks, and this weird one:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3rqYWkBGWI[/ame]

Stupidity is universal, the only difference is that Americans tend to be stereotyped as such, so it is sought after more for humourous purposes.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah, and when I tell people from other countries I'm from Rhode Island, and they say "Oh, that's nice, I've always wanted to travel to New York." I automatically assume that every person outside the U.S is a moron.

GG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom