i need some help here...

Best answers
I have steam, iv installed ESF1.1 for steam and iv cr8ted a server to play with my friends... BUT it makes me a LAN game.. and i dont want LAN game i want Online game... i dont have any option to change it to lan.. so some1 please tell me how to do it?
there must be a command for a shortcut that will help me like
-maxplayers 4 and or -map esf_cell_day...
so can some1 tell me how to open an online server?

Best answers
Are you using Steam or WON ?

On Steam, you CANNOT create a online game with a router.

Best answers
Yeah your probaly behind a router/firewall or both

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No........ I have a fire wall and I'm fine creating servers.....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes you can create an online game. in your console when you start a game. type this "sv_lan 0" and you will be happy.

also input it into you autoexe file or gameserver file or w/e i dunno i forgot the names of em. and it will creat an online game everytime.

Best answers
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS!!

Best answers
I am behind a router, does this mean that i will have to type "sv_lan 0" into the console and it will work? Or will that not work at all?

Thanks

Best answers
So far it dosent work for me...
I have changed it to sv_lan 0 and restarted, but by friend cant see my server.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will have to open ports

go to 192.168.1.1
the password will be admin (unless the adminstratior added a username and a diffrent password)
click Advanced.
click Forwarding.
OPEN ONLY 27015 through 27015 (under Ext.Port)
protocol: UDP
IP address: This is the weirdest to figure out, but generally its .100

If the server doesnt show on list. Add this to the command line of your esf / ESF dedicated server (depending on which one you are running):
+ip 192.168.1.100

Best answers
The first one dident help.
and where do i put the command line?
In the shortcut someplace?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow.... Remember: this is only if your behind a firewall.

Create a shortcut.
Right click.
Go down to properties.
Click Properties.
add the commands to the end of the Target (be shure to add a space after the last thing typed before you start typeing)

Be shure to have the first part still enabled

*just thought of soemthing*
You could be useing a firewall that doesnt exist out side of the machine (a firewall other than linksys, in other words), and you will have to go look at how you can change the settings.

*Additional*
If this doesnt work, and you still use a firewall, I will tell you how to open the DMZ host.

Best answers
ummm you also have to open another port too ummm what was it 27015 and i think 27005 or 2905...if you want i can find my old router and find what ports they were and this problem can also accur when your not in a firewall. For an ex. some routers are made to block/close sertain ports. pm me if you want or need to know the ports you need.

edit oh yea windows has a firewall too and its in net work local connection thing too if you need to know how to get to it post below or pm me and ill telll you.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You DON'T need to open ANY ports BESIDES 27015 to host a server. I have been doing this for a while.

Best answers
same here. I had to open 2 ports on my router for it to work. Ill ask my friend what it was again because he told me what 2 ports i had to open and it worked but now i have to redo it too becasue i redid my network.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you want to be technical, half-life asks for a range of ports to be opened. From 27005 to 27025 (those extra ports are for networking stuff if I remember corectly) but you only NEED 27015.

Best answers
iam sure you need 27005 also. the only reason why iam sure is becasue i tired useing only 27015 and it didnt work than i opened 27005 with 27015 and it worked.

Best answers
27015 doesn't work though, one reliable port (which I use ALL the time) is 27016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom