Girlchan in Paradise (70% of all anime)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... I like his other work way more... This one really didn't give me much of a laugh... Thats odd.... specially since its Egoraptor...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am actually on the complete opposite of you two. I thought the awesome series was funny, but a lot of it was easy, random, and sometimes cheap humor to me.

When I first watched Girlchan, I was "meh" at first, because I missed some things and I thought he was making fun of a specific obscure anime (dumb on my part), but all the nuances in the tounge-in-cheek voice acting and animation techniques/editting are what make this one seem more skillful than the awesome series to me.

It's also an original work, rather than a video game parody, which probably is affecting its score negatively.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have watched it 3 times so far, It just doesn't hit my funny bone. Odd thing is, most of it is true.. but I have seen so many parodies of everything it just looks the same...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I lol'd
Especially at the fanservice chick
Surprised the attack names weren't in engrish
HAATO BUREIKAA SHOTO
DEMPUSHI RORU
Gotta love how even with the 4 seconds it takes them to announce the attack, the victim is somehow stunned during that 4 seconds

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you search Google for "Girlchan in Paradise" this thread is on the first page. :D

G
This is why I hate anime.
Because of media analytical satire? Seriously, only the ****test animes are like this, it's a really obscure style that's just been over popularised by little kids. Hating anime is like hating graphic novels, it's just a standard of story telling; it doesn't apply to any single genre, style or standard, it has many different genres, styles and qualities. Anywhere from Gartfield to V for Vendetta, but it's generalized by super hero comics.

Anyway that wasn't that funny, it's really easy to make fun of stuff like that. Lizard Sphere X was better.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because of media analytical satire? Seriously, only the ****test animes are like this, it's a really obscure style that's just been over popularised by little kids. Hating anime is like hating graphic novels, it's just a standard of story telling; it doesn't apply to any single genre, style or standard, it has many different genres, styles and qualities. Anywhere from Gartfield to V for Vendetta, but it's generalized by super hero comics.

Anyway that wasn't that funny, it's really easy to make fun of stuff like that. Lizard Sphere X was better.
90% of all animes must be the "****test" animes then.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, upwards of 90%. FMA is probably the only anime I actually liked, and even that had some of the bull**** shown in the vid. It's just how Japan rolls. I'm having a hard time playing Star Ocean because of the same ****.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Death Note
2. Hellsing Ultimate
3. Berserk
4. Afro Samurai
5. Bleach
6. Genshiken
7. Elfen Lied
8. Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
9. Trigun
10. Blue Gender

That's my top 10 anime. There's no bull****. Well, maybe Bleach sometimes, but otherwise nothing. To say that 90% of the anime you've watched has been bull**** would be far more accurate, because you've obviously never seen a good anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I say "70%" I don't literally mean "anime is mostly ****" because it's not. I like a good amount of it. It's just there just happens to be a LOT of bad ones because Japan churns out so many and I've only seen less than 30. But yeah it does not really work to say "anime sucks" because like fortnox said, that's like saying "comics suck".

I was more amused by the script than the actual "plot" of this animation. Awkward lines like, "his ideals are congruent to my...mind" just makes me laugh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky you got a pretty good list, other then Deathnote IMO. Deathnote seems to be a big Emo craze now. Plus I liked the concept of the Anime they just didn't play it out to good. But thats just my Opinion. Kudos to it for a great Beginning Theme Song.

But it seems that Most new Anime isn't worth watching. Now Compare Gundam Seed to Gundam Wing. You see the change. Just compare the art style as well.

Im sure everyone here has seen this picture. They used to be so detailed but now they are more into Kid styled Art for Anime. Not saying it takes away from the action or anything.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Death Note
2. Hellsing Ultimate
3. Berserk
4. Afro Samurai
5. Bleach
6. Genshiken
7. Elfen Lied
8. Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
9. Trigun
10. Blue Gender

That's my top 10 anime. There's no bull****. Well, maybe Bleach sometimes, but otherwise nothing. To say that 90% of the anime you've watched has been bull**** would be far more accurate, because you've obviously never seen a good anime.
Why? Because you listed 10 out of 100s? I googled Elfen Lied and do you know what I saw? A cat lady. How unique. Bull**** extends far beyond, "TATSUMAKI SENPUU KYAKI KAGE BUNSHIN DATTEBAYO RISING SUN OF THE ULTIMATE SMILE FLOWER PETAL ATTACK!".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom