First Anime?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The first Anime I ever watched probably before I got into Dragon Ball was G-Gundam, and watching clips even today, I still feel that epic-ness. ;o

What was yours?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Akira, a kid from school lent it to me on video D:

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
street fighter 2

and those were the 90's man.. i still have it on videotape!

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon Ball Z was my first.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched Akira at a friends house.

TETSUO!!!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I the only one who didn't like Akira? From what I've seen, people only like it because they think it makes them cool or something, which is retarded. The animation was amazing, but otherwise it wasn't anything special. o_O

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Akira, seemed to be a major gateway anime... because of it's high distribution... so, all the hipsters laid claim to it's greatness.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragonball was my first anime. After that Dragonball Z and so on! :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are going to laugh. When I was a lot younger, maybe at the end of elementary or beginning of middle school, I'd catch Sailor Moon after school. Not sure why. I had a huge crush on Sailor Mars :O

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You had to understand and respect the implications of Akira at the time it was made. In the field of animation it was a phenomenal leap in standards. GITS is also special for this reason. The manga for Akira was epic too. Imagine compressing all of DB and DBZ into a single movie. Thats what the Akira movie was tackling. Also take note that Akria was the first anime to actually have Western style lip syncing, a trend which still remains subtle today.

Anyway, I use to watch anime with my older cousin a lot, but I dont remember to many specifics. I do remember watching Akira, Shadowskill, and Jubei Ninpucho (Ninja Scroll) not long after it came out when i was 8. That generally just warped me for good. That scene of Tessai drinking blood from that guys arm was inspirational. I remember random snippets from a lot of things, from Samurai Pizza Cats, to Urotsukidoji. Im sure a few other titles would slap me in the face if I heard em.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are going to laugh. When I was a lot younger, maybe at the end of elementary or beginning of middle school, I'd catch Sailor Moon after school.
What he said up to the point in the quote. They were airing it on RTL2 in german XD

After that they started to air Dragonball and a few years later DBZ (uncut).

When DBZ returned to RTL2 it was the cut version >.<

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Pokemon, I used to watch it before school when I was around 7. The first series was probably the only good one.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember DBZ being my first. I used to watch that and Sailor Moon sometimes as well if there was nothing else on. I have no idea why I watched that crap (sorry Deman). I remember watching Digimon too even before Pokemon, although I was into the Pokemon game way more then the show. DBZ definitely got me started though. That was a great part of my childhood.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My first was Pokemon which led to Digimon and DBZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom