Dynamic Lighting Screws My Performance Badly -> HELP!!!

Best answers
I'm new at this forum stuff, but i've been playing ESF for a while now. The game is awesome, but for some reason my sucky video card lags at the moment of dynamic lighting. Every time I shoot a beam near a wall or floor and the surrounding lights appear over the beam, my FPS just shoots down. I tried every resolution and video mode. Software just crashes, Direct 3d doesn't respond well and opengl jus lags at the sight of dynamic lighting.

I entered "r_dynamic 0" too my autoexec and config, but the game keeps switching it back to "r_dynamic 1."

Can somebody please help me? PLEASE!!!

By the way i have an Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller. And for more information look at:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/gaming/82815.htm

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel815/sb/CS-003946-prd797.htm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After adding that you your autoexec and config, make those files "read only" only.(to do this you must right click on the file and check the read only box at the bottom, and uncheck the rest.) This way servers wont be able to change your settings. Hope that helps you.

Best answers
Thanks for the help.

Although, it still didn't get rid of the lighting. But before, when it wasn't "read only", the command r_dynamic 0 disappeared, but now it doesn't due to the "read only." However it still won't go away!

What the hell is going on?

Best answers
Try using open gl/d3d. Maybe in a differnt 3d mode it won't mess up so bad. If it still doesn't work get a new graphics card, the Nvidia Geforce 4 MX's sell pretty cheap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jaredster said:
Try using open gl/d3d. Maybe in a differnt 3d mode it won't mess up so bad. If it still doesn't work get a new graphics card, the Nvidia Geforce 4 MX's sell pretty cheap.
He already said he tried the different video settings.

On-Topic: hmmm, well sounds like you just have the wrong command. Try looking in the cfg's that has anything to do with lighting, or maybe asomeone on the forums knows the correct command and will tell you. Just try fiddeling around with commands, but make sure to make a backup of the file before you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom