Donnie Darko is Teh w00t

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey,

Well I recently rented Donnie Darko for my viewing pleasures and I am now in love with this amazing film.

I love everything about it, the character development, the oddness and the bunny.

I was wondering if anyone has seen it and what they thought of it.

This is easily one of my fav films. 4.5/5

Best answers
Donnie Darko? Never heard of it, Nice site though. Mind filling me in?

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its about a teenager whos in high school and is very Anti-Social and has a messed up mind, and he has to take medication, he starts hallucinating a guy in a rabbit suit [don't laugh its not ment to be funny in the movie, you really need to see it to understand] and the rabbit says the world will end in 28 days.

Watch the movie I'm not gonna give it away, cause if I say anymore I will.

Best answers
wow that sounds good, i guess ill watch it.

one question is it like a horror movie?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
horrer? It looks like one, looks like one of them psyco horrers, those are my fav since a big guy in a rabit suit is not frightening, but the locked up mind is...

(sounds odd, but its very true)

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this movie. I also love Donnie's GF shes a hotty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-=**WARNING**=- SPOILERS -=**WARNING**=-

you've been warned

A jet engine from the future crashes into Donnie's house and triggers a parallel world, which will end in 28 days. Frank is sent to warn Donnie of the end of the world, and help guide him into a position where he will send the engine back through time, closing the parallel time frame, and saving the world. Frank is basically a premonition from the future, as Donnie kills Frank at the end of the film. Donnie is manipulated into situations which will eventually leave him no choice but to send the engine back through time. He meets Gretchen, which proves to him that he doesn't have to die alone (one of his fears), and makes him less scared of death. He burns down Cunnighams house, which leads events to making his mother go on the trip with his sister, thereby setting up the plane in the correct position to deposit its engine into the black hole. His shrink also admits that Donnies medication are placebos, indicating he's not as mad as he thinks (this is on the DVD as a deleted scene). As the climax begins to unfold, Donnie unwittingly gets Gretchen killed, and realises that his mother and family will also die if he doesn't close up the black hole. In closing the black hole, Donnie sacrifices himself, saves Gretchen from being killed, and because he doesn't burn down Cunninghams house, saves his mother from being on the plane (as the other mother could take the kids on the trip instead). He also doesn't kill Frank. In closing the black hole, everybody then wakes up on what would be back on the 1st of October (the start of the movie) and to the news that Donnie has died from a jet engine landing on him

Best answers
4.5/5? dont be ridiculous. It's much better than that :D I ****ing LOVE that film, it's a work of genius IMO. Frank owns me.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you get the dvd don't watch it with commentary. It will drown your mind in sorrow. Take my strong strong recommendation on that. This movie got my mind working again after not doing much. I've always questioned everything and as not much in the movie was new to me the link between philosophy and science was beutiful. The plot was incredible and the characters were perfect. Everyone and everything had a place. For those of you that have seen it have you seen the led zepplin poster with an angel on it hanging directly above donnie's bed? Look deep into this movie and behind it. oh... cellar door

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved this movie. It's like...you will understand it but not be able to put it into words. Amazing story. Great characters. Donnie doesn't take no ****. hehe!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I loved it too. I only gave it 4.5 cause I didn't want to sound like some n00b hehehe.

Anyways I plan to buy the DVD down in florida and stuff, so w00t to all Donnie lovers.

Gretchen is a hotty, I cried when she died, this is the only movie that has ever done that.

Jim Cunningham anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom