Are you afraid

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Are you afraid to die? If so why are you afraid to die? If not also please try to tell why not?

Best answers
i am not afraid to die
its common thing it comes and goes
its if i suffer before the death that bothers me a little o_O
might as well embrace it :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
death, no i fear no death somehow it could be a relief to all the horrible things that life brings to us like HOMEWORK!!! -_- i have to stay up to the wee hours of the night to finish my homework yet i still gotta deal with stupid coach and his spandex, the track team is not a bunch of superheros o_O

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, I'm deathly afraid of my own death. It frightens me to even think of leaving this mortal plane and moving on.

Best answers
Yes I'm afraid of dying, no matter how well I understand its necessity to human existence, and its ultimate inevitability.

What bothers me more than non-existence (I don't believe in an afterlife) itself, though, is the fact that I won't be around to see what happens next.

I've become rather infatuated with the story of the human race, with all its trials and achievements. I want to see if we can ever work together in peace someday, to rebuild this planet that has given us so much and recieved so little in return. I want to see if we can overcome our petty differences and utilise our different strengths for the betterment of humankind as a whole. I want to see if we achieve interstellar travel; I want to see if we discover life on other worlds. But all these things aren't going to happen-if they occur at all-for hundreds if not thousands of years after I am long dead, and THAT is what saddens me the most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you cant be afraid because most of the time you dont know when its going to happen... i can see if someone was like *your going to die May 18th 2063* or somn... then ill be a little scared... cuse ill keep looking foward to that day going *how am i going to die.. how am i going to die*... well in some ways i am scared.. in some ways im not... *just dont wanna die while my child is young*

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm death, im not so scared of the dying part, but the confusion as to is there an afterlife or isnt there, do you get reincarnated? do you go to hell? heaven?

my fear is the fear of not existing, if there is no afterlife, heaven or hell?

instead of thinking about death, think of you not existing, then picture your family and friends mourning your death, and you not being able to tell them itsalright, cuz you dont exist anymore,

i once sat down and thought about death without a heaven or hell, and no afterlife, a black void has never been so creepy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was once told that you just walk around as if nothing happened.. but no-one could see or talk to you..

i was also told that your afterlife is based on how you lived in your living state... either you go to heaven and live for eternity.. or burn in hell for eternity...<-- i like this one the best.. because if i did die.. and go to heaven i'll know that ill be able to see my family again *the good side at least

then i was told that you come back as someone else... which also can be true because i do have thoughts and can feel myslef living in another life...

well ive heard plenty of more.. just to lazy to type ^_^ but i was having thoughts on this the other day as well... *i think about it all the time*.. as a matter of fact i wouldnt mind dying because... if we were sent here to enjoy life... then why is it so hard?

Best answers
Ice Man said:
Well you cant be afraid because most of the time you dont know when its going to happen... i can see if someone was like *your going to die May 18th 2063* or somn... then ill be a little scared... cuse ill keep looking foward to that day going *how am i going to die.. how am i going to die*... well in some ways i am scared.. in some ways im not... *just dont wanna die while my child is young*
But many would argue that it's this exact randomness and uncertainty of death that forms the most frightening aspect of it. Many people hope to die "peacefully" in their sleep, for example, but the thought of that terrifies me; I want to be aware of the fact that I'm dying when it occurs.

I don't obbsess over how, when and where I'm going to die, but that doesn't change the fact that it's going to happen, and that scares me when I do think about it. I wonder if the poll's current results (2 yes, 8 no) reflect the participants' real feelings, or whether they simply want to put on a strong face and like to imagine they're not afraid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
different lifestyles.. like some ppl grew up in the hood.. some in a nice neighborhood.. ive been in both.. and yes im not going to lie.. i am scared of dieing... and im also not... if i have to set a time.. ill set it for my daughter to be grown and for her to take care of herself... graduate school.. finish college... nice job... ill be happy then... i also want to be there for my sister... but if somehow i cant.. then i got 16 homies thatll look out for em...

i dont wanna die because i dont wanna leave... ive said in my previous thread that life is hard.. but it also brings joy along the way...

i guess i should write a rap about this

Retired
Best answers
I'm not afraid to die, I would give my life for people I care about.

death smiles at us all, best thing we can do is smile back.

Best answers
Death... huh it used to scare me. Until I looked around at the universe and realized that there is a cycle of birth and death in everything. Stars are born and die, often giving birth to other stars in the process of death. Species come and go.

If death comes to all things why should I be afraid of it? Death seems to be a natural end to all things. Whether or not there is an afterlife is not for me to say, how do I know? If there is there is, if there isn't there isn't.

I do know that someone once said that energy can neither be created nor destroyed only changed.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people have a fear of the unknown. I used to fear death because I don't know what will happen to me. If I will dissapear, follow some religion's heaven, or remain as some entity here on earth. I'm no longer afraid of death because after lots of personal problems its welcomed. I may not be able to do it to myself but if it happens its not my fault.

Best answers
Eh, now this is a subject I hate. I'm only afraid of how i die. I could not except a slow and painfull death. It must be quick and painless. *shivers* Its hard not to imagin dieing slowly, especially when there's nothing you can do to slow it down. The other thing i'm afraid of, is all the people that will miss me. What nuttzy said scared me. I hope thats not the afterlife. But how can you feel not existing... now thats stuck on my mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, like ImpTaimer said, im more frightend of how i'l die, rather than death itself. I can't pretend i'm not scared of death, because i am, but im hoping at the age of 15 its nothing to worry about in the near future.

I've never reaaally been one to believe that heaven and hell exsists, but its just something to possibly believe in. No one knows what its like to be dead, because no ones been dead to tell it. (well apart from those people who have had their heart stop for a few seconds and stuff, but they dont count :laff: )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not afraid to die because it is an inevitability. I'm more concerned as to how I die than the actual event itself

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm affraid to die, everyone is, you'll loose all the people you loved, and the places you like to be at. I really hate the fact we don't know if there is something after this life, allthough i do believe in God. All i can hope i won't suffer, cause it will happen some day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes and no

Yes because, i dont know what lies after death

No because, sometimes i think id be better off dead

Best answers
i agree with Mystix on the 'NO' part but also...no i'm not afraid...because..
i'm going to die anyways so what the heck. :laff:
it's hard to face reality and the shiet it throws at you, so i guess it's not to bad to die. heh

peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom