Anyone else just today recieve Beta access to Final Fantasy XIV: A realm Reborn?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah actually, I literally JUST got my beta key. Wtf? Not that I'm complaining, I've been really wanting to try it out, but I checked it directly after reading this thread at 10:05 and the email was sent to me at 10:03.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i had the key since april playing closed beta xD and beta i got automaticly only played 2 days there xD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd do the same, personally. I'll only use it to check it out and make sure I'll like it, I don't wanna waste weeks on a character that's just gonna get deleted.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Yeah actually, I literally JUST got my beta key. Wtf? Not that I'm complaining, I've been really wanting to try it out, but I checked it directly after reading this thread at 10:05 and the email was sent to me at 10:03.
lmao. I got mine at like 4:11am but I just woke up... hmmm.. is it any good Filipe?

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
its way more epic then any other mmorpg u ever played

but it was closed beta back then beta is alot better

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I'm calling conspiracy theories on this one.... Rift JUST went F2P YESTERDAY and now they're sending out waves of new FFXIV beta access codes.........

Let the competition begin!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, they're doing so because of the bad rap that the original caused. I can pretty much guarantee you they sent beta keys out to about 75% of the applicants.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
They fired most of the original design team, from what I hear... Rightfully so. Even something as small as a horrible map UI can ruin a game. They wouldn't even tell you where NPCs were in the original, you just had to run around the map until you found them.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So after downloading and trying it out for an hour, heres what I think. This is just a cursory glance at the game:

I was actually very, very impressed with the massive amount of changes that they've made since the initial launch. I first played it about 9 months ago since they were doing free subscriptions. I disliked it and quit after a week.

Now, however, I've noticed the graphics are much better, storytelling is more engaging and, most of all, the combat is soooo much better. It's still MMORPG combat but, playing a thaumaturge and having no experience with the other classes, I was really getting into the flow. Blizzard spells are low cost, low damage but cause your mp to regen rapidly, while fire spells progressively use more and more mp and do more damage. I haven't gotten much further than this, but it shows alot of promise.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
So after downloading and trying it out for an hour, heres what I think. This is just a cursory glance at the game:

I was actually very, very impressed with the massive amount of changes that they've made since the initial launch. I first played it about 9 months ago since they were doing free subscriptions. I disliked it and quit after a week.

Now, however, I've noticed the graphics are much better, storytelling is more engaging and, most of all, the combat is soooo much better. It's still MMORPG combat but, playing a thaumaturge and having no experience with the other classes, I was really getting into the flow. Blizzard spells are low cost, low damage but cause your mp to regen rapidly, while fire spells progressively use more and more mp and do more damage. I haven't gotten much further than this, but it shows alot of promise.
That's awesome.... If I could get the game to run longer than 10 minutes I might have tales to tell.... I'm stuck in the starting area, DOH! My PC is 6 years old, lol the only good thing it has is the graphics card... But anyways, what kind of guy did you create? I made one of those giant hulk dudes, he's bald, and wields a great axe.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a normal human thaumaturge (black mage). I wasn't planning on doing to much in case I did like it. Wanna leave some beginning content for release.

Also glad they kept the job switching from XI and made it easier. All you gotta do to change jobs is switch weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom