Android 17

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's getting better, but the hair should still be narrowed down a bit. From the pictures you may notice how it blocks a little bit of his eyes.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Is the specular map supposed to be black and white ? xd
The model is perfect tho ^^

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Specular level map controls which areas reflect more and which not. What it needs more are specular color, normal map, ao, SSS in some areas and then it would look amazing. Keep up the good work.

Best answers
Specular level map controls which areas reflect more and which not. What it needs more are specular color, normal map, ao, SSS in some areas and then it would look amazing. Keep up the good work.
WOOOOOOOOW Ramunas, you are back. How are you doing?
And wait what? Does esf supprot sss maps? Is the specualr color really necessery? And the same goes for the normal map, I dont really have alot of other detail that I want to add...
And Iv already baked an ao map and merged it with the deffuse map.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
No ESF doesn't Support SSS maps, specular does not have any color on non metal's and best would be a specular map with one color channel storing how visible the specular is and another how rough(more rough, specular softer and wider...more glossy-sharper specular) the material is at that pixel/texel :D

Best answers
No ESF doesn't Support SSS maps, specular does not have any color on non metal's and best would be a specular map with one color channel storing how visible the specular is and another how rough(more rough, specular softer and wider...more glossy-sharper specular) the material is at that pixel/texel :D
yeah I thought so.
Soooo, I will make a simple normal map(as I said, I don't have alot of detail that I want to add ○_○) and I made ght be done.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10:24 PM <Zeroc Corez Sorry, but I have nothing to show, what more can I do with the model?
10:32 PM <Zeroc Corez noooo, tell me what's wrong with my model. I really can't see it. And don't worry, I won't be sad or anything, in fact, I will be really happy, because I've run out of ideas >.<
Not sure how difficult it is at this point, but you could try making him a tiny bit slimmer.
Like I pointed out in my previous post, the hair should still be narrowed a bit more, to block the edges of his eyes.
You could experiment with the hair length a bit.
The holster and the pistol should be bigger.
Some of his neck should be visible.

Last edited:
Best answers
Not sure how difficult it is at this point, but you could try making him a tiny bit slimmer.
Like I pointed out in my previous post, the hair should still be narrowed a bit more, to block the edges of his eyes.
You could experiment with the hair length a bit.
The holster and the pistol should be bigger.
Some of his neck should be visible.
It´s not difficult to make him slimmer, but I can´t edit too much of the model either. I edited his hair and this is what i got:
http://puu.sh/cUhLy/c3bbb09cd2.jpg

and a close up on the face...

http://puu.sh/cUhTN/1a77afc923.jpg

And you are right about the neck. I can make his neck visible, and maybe give him some neck muclese.
the hoslter and the gun size seems fine to me, but I can make them bigger no problem.
Now, Mastasurf told me something about fixing the lips, not sure if I did it though... maybe I should ask him.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The head is now fine as far as I'm concerned. Should look pretty nice with that inner hair gray shade and whatnot.
Not sure about "fixing lips", perhaps the mouth should stand out less? Seems pretty fine to me as is, though.
I think he should be slimmer because when there's nobody next to him, he looks pretty tall due to a lean figure. Going by the pictures I provided, his torso height and width pretty much matches his head's (hair included), while in your model the torso looks somewhat big. Partially due to the recent hair adjustments, I suppose.
You may try trimming the bottom of his hair a little more and see how he looks. (Refer to #43.)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Those little tweaks have made quite the difference. And it seems the lips are more defined and noticeable, I believe Mastasurf probably suggested it so it would look more natural in a 3d rendering.(it sure does) Also HLEV might be right about the hair. Just a little shorter. Other proportions I cant quite say unless a straight up comparison is given with other models/characters

Best answers
Thanx for the tips every one :D
So after reading your comments, I tried my best to fix some stuff. I made the gun and the gunholder bigger, made that grey shading of the hair more visible, and I gave him a neck, wich screwed up the uvmap, and I had to retexture some stuff ( like the pants, I have no idea how they got screwed up...). Here is the results:
http://puu.sh/d2b8I/3a3d14fa86.jpg

Dont worry about the shoes texture, I just saw it and fixed it right away :p

--- edit ---

mm, forgot this

http://puu.sh/d2cq0/ecf2384a5f.jpg

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Looks good now :D showing more of his neck rly did a lot^^

Best answers
Very good, but 17 has smaller waistline.

[video=youtube;WKMueFocRv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKMueFocRv8[/video]​

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still needs to be slimmer. Sorry but he does.
Regarding hair shade, I meant the part over his forehead (see below), as the current one is obviously not good enough. I think the actual reflections are made by the engine in-game.

Other than that, it's quite perfect.

Best answers
Still needs to be slimmer. Sorry but he does.
Regarding hair shade, I meant the part over his forehead (see below), as the current one is obviously not good enough. I think the actual reflections are made by the engine in-game.

http://i.imgur.com/US874mT.png

Other than that, it's quite perfect.
wow, how did you make that?
I´ve been struggeling to make that on the uvmap!!
And sliimer, where? His waist?
btw, im still working on the pants texture, as you may have noticed, he doesnt have a back pocket

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom