Aaah! Not those songs over and over again!

Best answers
ok, I want a new artist to listen to. So to brief you guys up on what my tastes are: well, I spend most of my earphone life with Skillet, Evanescence and Linkin Park, with Skillet being my favorite.

Realizing that I havent listen to anything new for like the past 3 months, I need you guys to help me.

I also listen to Ozzy, Metallica and a few songs of Iron Maiden.
Megadeth, yeah been there, but I prefer Ozzy over MD.
No Cradle of Filth.

Basically like Rock more than Metal, but I do listen to Metal. Its just that I listen to music for like 4 hrs a day, when I travel to college. So I need something new.
Would love it if they were a lot like Skillet. If anyone here has listened to their songs, please tell me if you know someone close to them.

EDIT: Which I really liked: just my taste and thanks lol

1. Sum41 Thanks Jariroth
2. Rise Against Thanks Gama
3. Led Zepellin Gonna try this one out tomorrow. Thanks DPredator, The 2nd Son and Davidskiwan

Best answers
Sum41 ftw...(Not exactly like skillet but its Rock anyway...)

Best answers
ok.
btw it aint Rap is it? (The name makes me suspicious...)
The only rap I respect is Will Smith's.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how much I'm awaiting the release of Minutes to Midnight.

Best answers
"We're All To Blame" is sum 41's, and it's kinda metal if you're interested. If you want the best out of this song, however, look for Chuck's edition.

For more, I reccomend ADEMA, but while Marky Chavez was still singing.

The best I can reccomend from this group: "Inmortal" (or Immortal?), "Co-dependent", "Unstable", "The way you like it"... guess that's it. Browse for more. ;)

And no, lol, sum41 is NOT rap. xD

Best answers
Thank heavens.
I have to put a lot of new songs on my list or I'll go bonkers.... Its relly spooky when you actually dream that your in a concert where the artists knows only one or two songs which you repeatedly listen to.

Best answers
Rise Against - Dancing For Rain

Rise Against - Give It All

have Minutes to Midnight, like their old stuff a lot more

Best answers
Thanks again guys...

Sum41./. .Darn i forgot that I listen to them ... lol
American Pie 2 theme.... Fat lip right? w00t.
I'll get them onto my list.

Rise Against? ok.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tool + A Perfect Circle, The Deftones, Queens of the Stoneage, CKY, Audioslave, Alice in Chains, Incubus, Rage Against the Machine, Staind, and The Used

Oh and stop listening to Linkin Park and listen to some Dragonforce

and that's debatable predator

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In conjunction with tool, listen to Puscifer.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Ramones, the Dead Kennedys. Yes and Led Zeppelin. All you'll ever need when with the Jam and B52s.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slipknot ~ "Wait & Bleed" and "Vermillion" are good songs.
Rammstien ~ "Du hast & Amerika" are good ones too.
Hollywood Undead - "Sell Your Soul", a little bit of rap & rock but mostly sounds like a metal/rockish song.
All that Remains ~ "The Air that I Breathe"
Strong Bad ~ "TROGDOR" No words.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Led Zeppelin. Best rock band ever. Period.
I must agree... There's nothing since which have come close to the influence of Zeppelin, they're up there with the Beatles. The Doors are awesome too.

I have to say great choices 2nd son, Ramones, Dead kennedy's (plastic surgery disasters + fresh fruit for rotting vegetables ftw), & the Jam are awesome too. Though, you should check out the Clash (london calling), Misfits, Minor threat, Rancid, Nofx, Fugazi, etc, all great punk stuff ^^

love early Rage against the machine too ;p

The Pixies are one cool but crazy band, doo little being their best album =P.

Could always Check out Sublime if you really feel like branching out into some reggea/rock/punk/hiphop

Sum 41 are not metal, they're pop punk.

Best answers
Rage Against the Machine

A pillar of the rock foundation, and a lesson in rebellion. If you don't rock out to Rage, you have no soul.

Best answers
Amen duder!, I thought I was the only one who loved the Pixies.

Lately I've been listening to stuff like Weezer and Deathcab, if pop-punk is your thing you might want to check out the Beat Crusaders, I find pop punk alot more bearable in Engrish.

Anyway, if you're looking for something new, I suggest something older like the Sex Pistols, or Stiff llittle fingers.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I must agree... There's nothing since which have come close to the influence of Zeppelin, they're up there with the Beatles. The Doors are awesome too.

I have to say great choices 2nd son, Ramones, Dead kennedy's (plastic surgery disasters + fresh fruit for rotting vegetables ftw), & the Jam are awesome too. Though, you should check out the Clash (london calling), Misfits, Minor threat, Rancid, Nofx, Fugazi, etc, all great punk stuff ^^

love early Rage against the machine too ;p

Could always Check out Sublime if you really feel like branching out into some reggea/rock/punk/hiphop

Sum 41 are not metal, they're pop punk.
Eh, Zeppelin was pretty influential, but people hold them on this insane pedestal like they're the pioneers of modern rock, whereas Steppenwolf and Grand Funk Railroad were before Zeppelin (Grand Funk ftw.) Not knocking on Zep, I dunno, I just think the whole FREEBIRD crowd puts them up on some pedestal as if they were divine.

Anyways, if you want some classic rock get some Boston, which is a nice smooth rock (Foreplay/Long Time and More than a feeling are easy going songs) Grand Funk Railroad - I'm your captain is another one.

Now metal..hmm..can't really give you anything, since most 80s hairspray metal is monotonous with all the screaming and half hour shred solos, although a few songs do stick out. (Unless you imagine yourself as a tight leather wearing guy yelling in a high pitched voice stroking your bulge in the presence of other men doing the same thing, because that's manly.)

Anyways, yea if you like Tool, check out Puscifer, good stuff right there. And if you ever get the chance, go to a Tool concert, best show you'll see in your life, and chances are you'll probably end up getting wasted and laid that night.

oh and lulz to whoever put Sum41 in a rock category, I mean Christ, Justin Timberlake has more penor mass than that band combined...and that's sad.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, Zeppelin was pretty influential, but people hold them on this insane pedestal like they're the pioneers of modern rock, whereas Steppenwolf and Grand Funk Railroad were before Zeppelin (Grand Funk ftw.) Not knocking on Zep, I dunno, I just think the whole FREEBIRD crowd puts them up on some pedestal as if they were divine.
I wouldn't really know too much about Steppenwolf and Grand Funk Railroad, maybe Zep weren't great pioneers, but I'm pretty much just going by what my parents used to say to me. My friends parents also have pretty similar views, which is during the 60's-70's as they were growing up, there were two big bands which had a huge impact, which were the Beatles and Led Zeppelin. My dad still owns all his Led Zeppelin on vinyl ^^ but anyway... I can't really comment, I'm not really into my metal I much prefer punk :p

Hell yeah Mountain dewd, pixies are genius! Sex pistols and Stiff little fingers are also classics, alternative ulster ftw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom