A gamers best friend and worst enemy

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What don't you own that you'd be interested in?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think I'm interested in a lot actually, it's just that I'm a bit hesitant because I'm usually more on my laptop than on my gaming rig. So I'm always looking to find games that are cheap, fun and playable on a Macbook Air. So that kind of thing really limits me and therefore I usually don't play AAA titles even though I would love to.

Right now I'm looking at Terraria only playable on Win (is it good?), Fez and I've been wanting Portal 2 for a while, if I find the time to play it on my gaming rig. But I'm thinking about other titles which I have missed and that people see as "must have for that price"... i.e. I just want your recommendations on what you have bought and are thinking about buying! :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Terraria is great, I love that game. It's like a 2D Minecraft, but not as pointless. I'm not trying to insult Minecraft, I love that too, there's just a lot more of a game to Terraria.

So what have you guys bought up until now? I'm wondering if it's smart at all to wait until the final day, am I sure to get the best of the best deals that way? Right now, I just bought Castle Crashers and looking into buying FTL. Any other recommendations I can get from you guys?
Traditionally the last day of the sale has just been repeats of the most popular sales from previous days. If something is a daily deal, or a flash sale, or a community vote, that's as cheap as it's going to get.

FTL was on sale for 2.50. It might repeat that sale on the last day, so it's probably worth it to wait until then and see if it goes on sale. I bought FTL for full price, though, and I love that game too. It's very hard and unforgiving, so you have to go into it expecting to lose. I've played about 32 hours of it, and I haven't won a game yet. I'd say it's worth it, but I'm a huge sci-fi / Star Trek / space battles in general fan.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sounds good Sub, thanks for all the info! I'll look into Terraria and FTL when the final day comes, it's actually been surprisingly hard to keep up with everything because of summer and nice weather (imagine that). But have you bought anything or will buy something? :)

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
I love this sale so ******* much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Untitled.png

No regrets!

Edit: Got Hitman: Absolution, The Deus Ex pack, Natural Selection 2, and Infestation (WarZ). Also picked up Insurgency even though it's not on sale + still in Alpha.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No regrets!

Edit: Got Hitman: Absolution, The Deus Ex pack, Natural Selection 2, and Infestation (WarZ). Also picked up Insurgency even though it's not on sale + still in Alpha.

**** War Z. It was fun till the Devs started lying about shit.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I stopped playing that shit once i got presented an option to pay cash in order to revive my character faster >.>

--- edit ---

I stopped playing that shit once i got presented an option to pay cash in order to revive my character faster >.>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** War Z. It was fun till the Devs started lying about shit.
What did they lie about?

Probably the annoying part so far but for now I just start a new character and delete anyone under 200 xp.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What did they lie about?
Originally I was supposed to have a Server for 3 months for buying the $50 bundle. They changed it from Server to Stronghold ( Which is just a section of a map instead of a whole map. )

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
*Assassins Creed
*Assassins Creed 2
*Assassins Creed Brotherhood
*Assassins Creed Revelations
*Assassins Creed 3
*Burnout Paradise
*Chivalry Medieval Warfare
*Terraria
*Vice City
*Saints Row 3
*Bastion
*Garrys Mod
*Alan Wake Complete
*Alan Wake American nightmare
*San Andreas :3

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm thinking of getting Natural Selection 2 and the latest of Worms.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I've bought Worms Revolution and Dungeons and Dragons: Baldur's Gate. Both of which are really great games.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see. It's good to hear that.
I was also thinking of getting Left4Dead 2 but instead NS2 seems a better choice.
I played the first L4D and it was ok but i got bored of it pretty fast.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Torchlight 2 is damn good. If you are bored and have nothing to do, its a really good time absorber.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone got the dead island card, I have doubles of everything else but Reus

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are the point of cards? I've just been selling all mine, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy them.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
What are the point of cards? I've just been selling all mine, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy them.
Extra friends list space and badges. That's about it I think. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom