7600GS: Unlocking pipelines

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently replaced my 9800XT(256MB) with this (slightly) overclocked and +RAM 7600GS (512MB).

I was wondering if there's any disabled pipelines/etc I can activate? I looked around on google, but couldn't find anything.

I've already noticed a sizable jump in performance (though this card is just to hold me over until the DirectX10/HDCP cards come out), but I want to overclock it. My 9800XT ran at about 70C, whereas this 7600 runs at about 40-45C.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
7600GS does not have any locked pipes, just the memory and core speeds differ it from the 7600GT. 7600GS is a decent overclocker though ;), especially those that own them that volt mod them. Use Riva tuner to check the temps in idle and during under load during gameplay. Also, if you're using a 512mb card then that even more validates the point that you can't unlock them (An example that was holding true to this was the 6800GS variants that shipped with 512mb of memory since they were using the PCI-E bridge chips to work on agp, and the PCI-E 6800GS variants could not be unlocked to begin with).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom