40-70 MS..

Best answers
Hey.. been playing ESF for a while now, and i've constantly noticed through net_graph 3 that i have a constant MS of 40-70..
I've tried doing console commands.. mainly cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate, but i can't get it any lower..
if you need my computer specs, tell me and i can edit my post, since i'm not on my computer right now..
thanks in advanced..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is nothing you can do to alter that number but physically move your PC or change ISP.

Ping is largely a factor of physical distance and server hops. No altering of settings on the client side can change the miliseconds it takes for a packet to get to it's destination. All you can do with cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate is change the size and frequency of the packets.

Best answers
...oh
that sucks..
but it happens in servers that i connect to.. and when i press tab, it would say my ping would be around 50(?)
In CS, I used those commands, and it helped my Loss, Choke AND my MS...
guess i just gotta deal with it, then...
thanks anyways

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
surely 50 ping is fine?

I for one can live perfectly fine with it - anything under 100 = no probs =P

Best answers
Jumin said:
...oh
that sucks..
but it happens in servers that i connect to.. and when i press tab, it would say my ping would be around 50(?)
In CS, I used those commands, and it helped my Loss, Choke AND my MS...
guess i just gotta deal with it, then...
thanks anyways

it helps with loss and chokes but when it helps with the ping times i would think that there was already a failure somewhere (software, hardware w/e). cause this shouldnt help with the milliseconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom