Zombie's Halloween

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rob Zombie Interview said:
We begin our coverage of the next HALLOWEEN film with a short interview with writer/director Rob Zombie. Thanks to all the fans that submitted a question to Rob... we received over 2000!

QUESTION: Why do you feel that you are the person to take on this project? (from Anna in Florida)

RZ: Because I have a vision that I believe can work. If I didn't I wouldn't go near it.

QUESTION: Can you please clarify what you mean when you say you are "not making a sequel" and that your Halloween will be a "re-imagining" of the series? Isn't that just another word for "remake"? (from Cole in Chicago)

RZ: Well, sort of. I am basically making a prequel and a semi-remake of the first film all in one. So really in theory there will be more original content than remake content. That's why I don't like the word "remake."

QUESTION: What is the title of the next movie, and are you finished with the script yet? What can you reveal about the storyline of the new movie? (from Eric in Canada)

RZ: HALLOWEEN, no and not much.

QUESTION: For the next film, are you planning to maybe go into what Michael's childhood was like and how and why he became the serial killer he is? Is it at least going to take place in 1978? (from Sylvain)

RZ: Yes, I think this aspect of the story is very important in order to bring new life to the character of Michael Myers. The film begins in 1978.

QUESTION: Halloween is the most influential horror movie ever made and I for one am not happy about a remake. All of the remakes to hit theaters - from Texas Chainsaw to The Omen - were total crap. Why touch a classic like Halloween? Why would you even risk this? (from Mike in New York)

RZ: Like I said in Question 1, I wouldn't even go near this project if I didn't feel like a had a fresh, worthwhile approach to the material. Besides, I'm not touching one single frame of Carpenter's classic. That film will remain as it always has.

QUESTION: The masks in the past 4 Halloween films were all different, and some of them weren't scary. Are you going to re-design the mask, or will you stick to the Captain Kirk version that was used in the original film? (from Todd)

RZ: I want to keep the mask classic.

QUESTION: Are you you planning on using any previous characters from the first 8 films (like Laurie Strode and Dr. Loomis) or are you planning something entirely new with no old characters? (from Jamie in Scotland)

RZ: Both, but I won't tell you which just yet.

QUESTION: Since you are a musician, will you be doing the entire music score for the film, or will you be collaborating with anyone else? And will you integrate any of John Carpenter's classic themes into the score? (from Craig)

RZ: I do not plan on doing the score for this film myself other than in a supervisor position. I have already done some work with the composer and we both feel that Carpenter's themes are classic and will play an important role.

QUESTION: Your films are known for their gore, but the Halloween films haven't been very gory, they have been more suspensful. Do you plan to focus on gore or suspense in your version of Halloween? (from Paula)

RZ: I plan to focus on character, mood and terror.

QUESTION: How does John Carpenter feel about your involvement in the new Halloween? (from Zack in Georgia)

RZ: I talked to John about it and he was vey supportive. He basically said, "That's great Rob, go for it and make it your own." What more do I need?
Source: http://www.halloweenmovies.com/h9_lobby.html

Guess this has been around for a while, but I missed it. Personally, I feel like he's the man to do it. He pretty much revived what I consider to be true horror when he did House of 1000 Corpses. A lot of people didn't like it because they didn't understand it, or because it was too off the walls for them to stomach. Only RZ fans were able to make sense of it, and enjoy it. The Devil's Rejects (the sequel) focused more on character development and what most people would call an "actual storyline", and did better in the box office.

So, having seen both of his films, I think this could be the most awesome news I've read in a long ass time. I love Zombie's work so much, he's just so damn cool. Discuss.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only watched House of a Thousand Corpses recently, and it wasn't because I couldn't stomach it that I didn't like it. It just had a really campy feeling to it and I thought the story was really weird... It made no sense to me. I haven't watched The Devil's Rejects yet but I hope Zombie won't mess up such a good film.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, RZ wrote a song to promote House of 1000 Corpses. I found the lyrics to it, and the song is on my MySpace. It's actually pretty catchy. Lyrics:

Gimme a B,
Gimme an A,
Gimme a B,
Gimme a Y,

Baby: What's that spell?
Baby: What's that spell?!
Baby: What's that spell?!!

Scared Girl: Baby.

Earl had a baby,
Baby was her name,
He knew she was crazy,
Tiny was the same,

Down behind the shed,
Slaughterin' the hog,
Slice along the belly,
Feed her to the dog,

1, 2, 3, who should I kill?
Every mother****er runnin' up the hill,
1, 2, 3, what should I do?
Get ****ed up and **** up you,

Pussy Liquor,
Make ya sicker,
Pussy Liquor,
Do it quicker,

Baby: Yeah, I like to get ****ed up, (****ed up),
Goober: Yeah, I like to get ****ed up too,
Baby: Yeah, I bet you do,
(Repeats once)

Dane had a baby,
Otis was his name,
White as a ghost,
Totally insane,

Otis loves the girls,
Young and clean,
Drownin' in a bucket of gasoline,

Pussy Liquor,
Make ya sicker,
Pussy Liquor,
Do it quicker,

Baby: Yeah, I like to get ****ed up, (****ed up),
Goober: Yeah, I like to get ****ed up too,
Baby: Yeah, I bet you do,
(Repeats once)

Captain knows somethin',
He won't tell,
Draw 'em all a map,
Send 'em to a hell,

Burnin' in the house,
Spirits are alive,
A tongue lashin' mama,
Help 'em to survive,

Pussy Liquor,
Make ya sicker,
Pussy Liquor,
Do it quicker

EDIT: OH FREAKING SNAP, NO YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love Rob's movies TDR was a lot better then House of 1k Corpses. I think he's gonna make Halloween awesome.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love the old slasher films (the original set anyway... halloween, friday 13th, and nightmare on elm street). all the spin offs and clones that are around are pretty dire for the most part, and jason x was pure balls... but for the most part, they all rocked.

and i cannot wait to see what RZ can do with micheal mayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom