Zeq 2 lite upcoming beta 2 teaser trailer + Congratz with ESF 1.3

Best answers
Hello.

Some of you may know me from Zeq2 lite if anyone ever goes to our forums. And I have a little teaser trailer for upcoming beta 2.

( Just a teaser, the melee will be redone entirely, 64 different melee actions each character 32 primary, 32 alternatively, in the video it's still the old melee system and the last stand , namek map you'll see is still wip)

[video=youtube;PuTj618Yizg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuTj618Yizg[/video]

And I was really amazed by the esf 1.3 trailer I saw. Congratulations ! :D

We dbz fans should stick together, do not see us as concurrents :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for competition, but you're using this mod to advertise your mod.

Save it for moddb, brother. ;)

Best answers
In the zeq2 forums we also have esf topics, we don't mind that. The more dbz related stuff the better :D

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're all fellow modders and gamers. Lets just all get along and support eachother. ^_^

I'm glad that ZEQ2 is still alive and kicking. Blaize and I made a lot models for it and I see they're being rigged and tossed ingame one by one, which is awesome to see!
Good job so far guys! Looking forward to seeing more. =)

Best answers
Ah Indeed, Blaize worked together with TRL On Nappa , which turned out to be awesome.

What models did you made for zeq2 lite if I may ask ?:D

And pb2 is estimated to come out around september. It will be a whole lot different then pb 1 :)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About 35+ models including forms and different outfits. (among other things)
Blaize modeled, I textured.

I really hope you can get that Broly we made ingame. One of my favorites. ^^

Best answers
Mastap15 is now working on a broly if i'm right. Don't know if that will be the contributed version or not. But yeah i saw the previous broly pics..Was pretty impressive!

So you are a administrator at our forums, cause I just saw your name in green :p. I thought only Zeth and Mdave had that status :p

So you also work on esf models and stuff?

So this one is made by you?

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lookin' nice. Didn't expect that you guys would be so ... friendly when someone is advertising. But... yeah. It's nice to get supported :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The trailer actually looks good, but I never got used to the controls and movements in the first release.. It's really awkward to have a movement and fly controls (8 keys in total). I hope Beta 2 is somewhat better in moving/flying your character.

Best answers
There is a manual on the site.

The controls are hard in the beginning, I admit ( especially when you use the standard ones ) , But if you get used to it it's really easy like hell. believe me, i'm the official n1 player in that game and i've been unbeaten since november by now :p Really need some challenges !

But yea, the entire melee system will be redone in pb 2. I don't know whats so hard about flying though, just direction + kiboost or soar ( space ) when you have at least 80% fatigue left. That's the fastest way to fly but if you have less fatigue it will drain you.

anyway the majority always makes the mistake to stay in the air, If you use the ground you can perform super high and far ball flips which gives you a great speed advantage :).

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah those are the Broly models. We also had normal and SSJ forms.
Frieza also had all of his forms, Cooler, we even had Mighty Mask along the way somewhere. XD

Hope you guys rig them all! It'd be cool to see them ingame. =)

Skyrider, you're not alone. XD
I had hard time with the controls too, but they plan on redoing the melee. I guess it'll get a bit easier then. ^^

Best answers
haha mighty mask .. :p

Well I'll ask Brad if we can reuse those broly models you made..:D

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm all for competition, but you're using this mod to advertise your mod.
ZEQ2-lite is not a mod. It's a open-source standalone, cross-platform game using a modified Quake 3 engine. Also, I would hardly call it competition.

Save it for moddb, brother.
The moddb page is pretty much ran by fans entirely and has little developer influence. Additionally, I don't see how some kind of game database website is relative to anything.

What models did you made for zeq2 lite if I may ask ? So you also work on esf models and stuff?
SV and Joel pretty much made all of the character-content in the Quake 3 version of ZEQ2 (ZEQ2-lite).

And yes, SV does help out ESF presently. It's actually a really strange feeling to see several old developers who had their roots in and around ZEQ2 working on ESF these days -- some who were former enemies in unison to boot.

Lookin' nice. Didn't expect that you guys would be so ... friendly when someone is advertising. But... yeah. It's nice to get supported
To clarify, there's nothing new happening on the visual side of things. That Brolly (and the works that SV is referring to) were all done circa 2004-2005. As for the other comment, I'm not sure why anyone would really mind spreading word about their projects. I would imagine that the old-school self-righteous mod mentalities that plagued the late 90s and early 2000s have faded away in lieu of modern community-driven non-proprietary independent developer perspectives that perpetuate rapid self-growth and ideals beyond the veil of aggrandization.

I really hope you can get that Broly we made ingame. One of my favorites. ^^
I'll see what can be done in that regard. If we get a set of people who want to churn out rigs for the standard animation biped, exportation and attack setup takes only moments more. Incidentally, majority of the original project developers (such as myself, Joel, and Dave) are sort of tied up in other affairs right now and quite scarce developmentally -- aside from guidance and omnipresence, of course.

Essentially, it's up to the next-generation of fan-oriented developers (Mastap, JadenKorn, Void, TRL, Baldwin, etc.) to carry the torch on.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
zeq2 is looking good ^^
i hated the controls :p
but it's nice to be able to play between 2 different dbz games for pc

Best answers
zeq2 is looking good ^^
i hated the controls :p
but it's nice to be able to play between 2 different dbz games for pc
I have a really easy set up for my controls..I dont have any problems at all really..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing wrong with a ZEQ2 thread. We had one going for over 40 pages if i recall when the first lite beta was out.

Should still be round buried somewhere in this very section of the forum XD

And as Zeth said. There is no competition. Its pointless to even speculate about competition as the games are way to different gameplay whise to compare them one to another. Its like comparing Mortal Kombat to Flight Simulator its just silly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing wrong with a ZEQ2 thread. We had one going for over 40 pages if i recall when the first lite beta was out.

Should still be round buried somewhere in this very section of the forum XD

And as Zeth said. There is no competition. Its pointless to even speculate about competition as the games are way to different gameplay whise to compare them one to another. Its like comparing Mortal Kombat to Flight Simulator its just silly.
Mortal Combat is WIN!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you even got the refference in that part of my post ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom