✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
posted that on my topic already its a open world game

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmxvig1dXE

Trailer for the game. The gist of it is that it seems like it will be a non-linear open world game, somewhat similar to Wind Waker, but more open. Hopefully this means that there isn't a specific order that you have to do some of the dungeons in, and you get to choose between a number of them to do first. Looks promising so far!

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why I'm glad I own a Wii U

This is what I've been waiting for

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah this looks really good. I'm hoping that they have you go to new areas in the game the whole time, instead of repeating what they did with Skyward Sword by having you revisit an area in the overworld 2-3 times throughout the entire game.

--- edit ---

Also something interesting:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
celshading or realism, you cant have both /shakes head. it wouldve looked better with the twilight princess normal esque lighting. I dont give a crap if they call it a "style", its laziness. It worked on windwaker because it was cartoonish, it looks horrendous grown up.

Its just a scapegoat for the character artists to cheap out. Mesh errors are covered up by fullbright textures, amd textures are easier because you dont have to detail shit.

maybe it looks good in motion? i dunno. But in still shots it looks like a gamecube game.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Beautiful looking screenies! I love the style. Sadly I do not own a Wii-U though

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it looks really good, I like the whole shooting arrow while jumping off of your horse thing.

I read a comment on Reddit earlier where someone said Nintendo might be working on trying to change the direction of the entire series to emphasize more on exploration rather than a linear-like game. With the way they were talking about the game during E3 and from the trailer from the game awards last night, it look like they're definitely trying to do that. It looks pretty promising, I think this game is going to have a lot of potential; and the best part about it all is that it seems like we're actually going to be playing this game with an actual controller instead of having to throw our arms around and deal with horrible motion controls.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom