Zelda is coming out in....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care when it's coming, as long as it's coming this year.

It's gonna be so mother****in' sweet, I can almost taste it. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. This has gone on long enough.

It was originally supposed to come out in summer 2005. They delayed it for a planned christmas release. I was ok with that.

Then it was delayed until April. I was dissappointed, but I let it slide thinking they'd do more with it.

Now they plan on waiting another half of a year?! I'm sorry, but my patience is beginning to wear thin. Pretty soon they're going to say "you know what? lets start over from the beginning and use cel shading again. the kids LOVE the cel shading!"

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
They also set back Ocarina of Time a lot but that turned out to be well worth the wait. I trust Nintendo to make this well worth the wait too and will accept whatever push back they give.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
They also set back Ocarina of Time a lot but that turned out to be well worth the wait. I trust Nintendo to make this well worth the wait too and will accept whatever push back they give.
I was too young to realize ocarina of time was set back a lot. When it was released, I thought it was it's actual original scheduled time.

Now I'm older and I know better.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just stop taking Nintendo at their word for release dates. "It's out when it's out," is my take on Nintendo's big game franchises. Don't ever expect them to come out when they claim, and you won't be dissapointed. :p

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Exactly. Well said Alea. :) *Applauds*

EDIT:

Ah ha. This may be the reason behind the push back. Although Twilight Princess will be a GameCube title Nintendo are also making it compatible with the Revolutions controller so they have to add some more code to it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
That's how it is for any game company though, isn't it?

I kinda expected this, any hyped game gets delays out the ass, oh well.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, you shouldn't be surprised it was delayed. I certainly wasn't. Having Zelda come out during the Revolution launch would be best for Nintendo, more people buying the Revolution and perhaps more people buying Zelda.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
That's how it is for any game company though, isn't it?

I kinda expected this, any hyped game gets delays out the ass, oh well.
While it is true that many games are delayed, I can't think of a company that does it more regularly. In any case, delays are an unfortunate reality in today's world.

On the other hand, I can't think of a company that releases release-date figures and then breaks them more often, either. But the products are usually worth the wait.

Best answers
Was that post really necessary?

Oh well, being a non cube owner, I probably won't see this game for at least a little while after its release. Tho I am a Zelda lover deep down inside.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's going to come out for two machines?

That means you buy it twice.

These guys are more predictable than a John Cena title match. :0\

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's going to come out for two machines?

That means you buy it twice.

These guys are more predictable than a John Cena title match. :0\
Actually, you buy it once and can play it on both. The Revolution (which will be completely backward compatible (or so they say)) will merely let you unlock special features that the Gamecube isn't capable of - something, obviously, to do with the controller.

So, it's more like buy one, get an extra bit free.

.. Not to completely destroy your argument or anything.. *cackles madly!*

Personally, I'll wait and hope that these extra months are worth it. Zelda is the only series in gaming history that I've never been disappointed by (those funky CDi games don't count) so I'll give the big N the benefit of the doubt here.

But, darnit, I want it before the end of this year. The Revolution's coming out in fall, for god's sake..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kinda sucks, but I'm not worrying about it too much. Sure, i'll complain, saying how the delays blow and such. But whenever it does come out, i'm still gonna buy it, cuz it's still gonna kick ass, and that's fine with me.

Best answers
Is that world wide release? I hope us poor Europeans don't have to wait much longer :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom