Zed-u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Hello guys!
For those of you who dosent know about this: Thanks to the project leader Ara Vin:D, Zeq2 entered Unity in a form of Zed-u.
This is how the game actually look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK_gcrwsa3U
you guys can download it from the Zed-u website http://zedu.zeq2.com/
the game is currently in prealpha version, but we are working on it, and the next realese will come soon enough.
If you have any questions feel free to ask :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like shit.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We already had some other douchebag advertise the shit out of that mod, despite us asking him to stop repeatedly. So you'll have to forgive our lack of enthusiasm.

Edit: this forum is also pretty unanimously united in our agreement that Zeq is terrible.

Best answers
:D
Zeq2 might be terrible, but Zed-u is something else. You will love this game soon ( i hope you do) :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already played part of the prealpha. Even considering the lack of finish, I wasn't impressed.

Best answers
I already played part of the prealpha. Even considering the lack of finish, I wasn't impressed.
nah, its just because it looks alot like zeq2, and there was nothing new, so it wouldnt be impressive, but i hope we can change that

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen, look at 1.3. Then look at Zed-u. Then look at 1.3. Then look at Zed-u. 1.3 is pretty impressive, and its something we've been waiting on for the last 500 years. You're insane if you think people are going to wait that long for a mod thats worse in every way to play catch up. Zed-u isn't revolutionary. Hell, it isn't even good. I'm sure you guys will keep at it and one day it'll be playable, but today is not that day.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if you get on the utube page to that vid, from what I did I clicked straight on this link : "[18+ Movie] Scandals in China - English Subtitle - Full"

press like if you did the same thing too.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why so much hate about any other indie and mod for DBZ? Little encouragement won't do any harm and aditionaly I don't see any harm if there are 20 DBZ games on market. First updates with ESF weren't any good either yet they pushed it further and being supported by nice community which today isn't present because from what I can see community is filled with 10 year old's and older guys behaving like 10 year old's.

And please don't compare 2 games where one has 15 years behind development and another has a month/year. Use brains, be rational.

Best answers
I always show love for DBZ mods since I'm seriously obsessed with game releated DBZ games. The pre alpha was really hard to play but with successive releases it'll be better. As it stands 1.2.3. is the best mod for the PC and when Final comes out it'll be the best DBZ game ever released (in my humble opinion of course). Hopefully Ara Vind will continue updating the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why so much hate about any other indie and mod for DBZ? Little encouragement won't do any harm and aditionaly I don't see any harm if there are 20 DBZ games on market. First updates with ESF weren't any good either yet they pushed it further and being supported by nice community which today isn't present because from what I can see community is filled with 10 year old's and older guys behaving like 10 year old's.

And please don't compare 2 games where one has 15 years behind development and another has a month/year. Use brains, be rational.
I legitimately don't care about dbz, and never really have. 1.2 wasn't fun for me because of a bunch of jap shit that didn't make any sense. It was fun in spite of it. So, cool, yet another mod based on a cartoon because its easier than coming up with something original. Color me uninterested. When you guys come here looking for feedback, you're going to get it. If you only want to hear good things, stick to the zed u or zeq2 or zoinks forums and commence circle jerking. As someone who's more interested in gameplay than aesthetics, your product doesn't have me hooked. Get over it.

The difference between ESF alpha and zedu? Over a decade. I'm not 12, so seeing something that looks like it was made when I was 12 isn't incredibly impressive. If you're going to exist in the same market as a superior product, prepare to be compared to that superior product. Don't cry about it, either. Make yours better.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"Looks like shit" was only you being irogant because it had no explanation behind it. Posts like this or posts like "Its great" is nothing more then waste of post itself other then encourage or discourage someone.

Only thing i find about this mod bad is posting results already. You can't criticize anything because answers will mostly be "Yeah i know, its not finished yet". So whole update to show by my oppinion was to show it and be encouraged to continue working on it. Which here I doubt developer will get because mostly people are biased and when new DBZ game pops up its bashed because somehow they find it as a threat or whatever.

I can't compare ESF and ZEDU because I haven't played any. All I can say is that ESF has graphics that are passable while ZEDU uses strangely modified ZEQ2 asset's which brings no oppinion about ZEDU at all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Looks like shit" was only you being irogant because it had no explanation behind it. Posts like this or posts like "Its great" is nothing more then waste of post itself other then encourage or discourage someone.

Only thing i find about this mod bad is posting results already. You can't criticize anything because answers will mostly be "Yeah i know, its not finished yet". So whole update to show by my oppinion was to show it and be encouraged to continue working on it. Which here I doubt developer will get because mostly people are biased and when new DBZ game pops up its bashed because somehow they find it as a threat or whatever.

I can't compare ESF and ZEDU because I haven't played any. All I can say is that ESF has graphics that are passable while ZEDU uses strangely modified ZEQ2 asset's which brings no oppinion about ZEDU at all.
What does, "It looks like shit" mean in your neck of the woods? It's a pretty straightforward statement. Because I didn't specify what looked like shit, you can take it to mean all of it does.

If I had said it looked amazing, I'm sure I wouldn't be asked to elaborate.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

We've already had this discussion with two "testers" (using that term very lightly) and that Aravind dude himself about this mod. My main point of argument was that pre-alpha is NOT the best time to take a mod or game public to this degree. I saw from the video that it had maybe %10 of it's animations done, one map, no discernible method of combat, and a bunch of stretching problems with the models themselves. ANYONE would say that it looks like shit if it's seen at this stage.

After having told him and his cronies that, he went into a defensive stupor and really didn't say much else that was relevant. So from that exchange, I could tell that any positive criticism wouldn't make a dent. Therefore, the game will suck. It's just gonna be a ZeQ2 clone and as such is gonna be based on a game that's -barely- a game and more of an excuse for the creator to jack off with his models and effects.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't there already a topic for this? We don't need two really..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom