Zangetsu - Shikai

Best answers
Seeing as everyone is making Bleach swords, I thought I'd do the big cleaver version.

I'm not sure how to do the little extra hilt stuff.... If anyone has any ideas that would be cool.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
better, looks good :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol..
made this a while back... dunno why.. it might help you tho

Best answers
I straightened it out a bit, and made it less curvey. Is it good?

Should I move onto UV Mapping it?

Best answers
Perfect! Can you put the bandage things... on the handle... those white bandages... if it was on there it'd be tight... Im working on Zangetsu Shikai too :p Workin on the damn bandages

Best answers
I'm not sure how to add that. I'm thinking of just doing it without.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I'm almost done UV Mapping it. But there will be no updates until I get back from vacation. I can still check up on the forums, just no updates.

Cruise.

Best answers
Looks sweet. I think im gonna go for Kira's Wabisuke next, Hinamori's Tobiume, or Ikkaku's Houzikimaru. All i have to do is decide.

Best answers
Well, I'm magical and I woke up early. But since I'm a newb at this, I need some help. I'm using 3DSMax 8, and I've set up the UV Map, but how do I save it, so I can do stuff with it in Photoshop?

Does anyone know of any good metal skinning tutorials?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryeko said:
Well, I'm magical and I woke up early. But since I'm a newb at this, I need some help. I'm using 3DSMax 8, and I've set up the UV Map, but how do I save it, so I can do stuff with it in Photoshop?
Check Ben Mathis's tut on www.poopinmymouth.com
It'll show you how to set up UVW's and how to export em and even how to set them up for optimal texturing in photoshop.

Ryeko said:
Does anyone know of any good metal skinning tutorials?
Metal Shmetal,
I made this a long time ago, admitted its not great but it'll do, right?

Best answers
Do you wanna skin the model for me? My UV Map isn't that shape maybe you can fix it for me...

Best answers
No offense to ShadyD but that uv could be making a lot more use out of the space to add detail for both the handle and blade. even just giving it a 90 degree turn and stretching it out to fill space would make you be able to give it way more detail. The more space it takes up for the whole object, the better. The more details the part(s) need to be the bigger space it should take up

Best answers
@david, he said it was old, so he has probably inproved sincee then.

Best answers
It should look a little wider, the flat side of the blade i mean.

But even this way, its good. (The earlier one was a kitchen knife i swear, but this one is good enough for me.)
But cant do without the bandages..

Best answers
I don't doubt he's improved XD That's why I said no offense if you were going to use that as reference. No worries I know we all get better over time..I think I'm a shining example ... *coughs at old Digimon model...ughhh* XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidhalo said:
No offense to ShadyD but that uv could be making a lot more use out of the space to add detail for both the handle and blade. even just giving it a 90 degree turn and stretching it out to fill space would make you be able to give it way more detail. The more space it takes up for the whole object, the better. The more details the part(s) need to be the bigger space it should take up
ye i know, and sorry Ryeko but i won't uvwmap it for you, im busy as it is and you wont learn anything from it ;)
Btw your PM inbox is full

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why not taking simply a planar uv of it? o_O aint hard or? with some modification it will be good to skin.... dont get lazy dude, you will need to do once everytihng alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom