Your underrated games

Best answers
Everyones got a few that they play or have played. These sleeper hits that somehow manage to slip under the gamer radar, the roses among the thorns that didnt get near the attention they deserved.

So, list your most underrated games

1. Nox: very similar to diablo 2 in its gameplay and style, but i found it VASTLY more entertaining, online multiplayer inparticular. CTF, TDM and DM in an RPG multiplayer? frickin sweet

2. Savage - Battle for Newerth: this was really a hit or miss game. It was almost exactly like natural selection only humans and beasts. the entertainment level depended on if you had a good team or not. but when you did, oh wow. so much fun

3. Shadowbane: this MMO had a fair bit of hype around it, but when it came most weren't impressed, the game was buggy and not exactly visually appealing. They obviously never got to into a good city siege or guild war. That game is home to some of the most fun ive ever had in a game. the city sieging was awesome in the games golden days.

So thats my list, lets here yours.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's not a game I play but it's a game that I have played and found it interesting, though not my type of game. EVE Online. It's an MMORPG where you have a ship and you pretty much build a giant business/empire with it. There is fighting involved in the game but the gameplay doesn't only consist of that since you are essentially a business in the intergalactic world. The game's graphics are AMAZING for when it was initially made and the world is absolutely huge. Plus it completely blows WoW out of the water in terms of gameplay. I just didn't like it b/c I'm a shooter/adventure kinda of guy.

Tremulous - Online game also like Natural Selection, actually based on that game but on the quake 3 engine. Loads of fun and interesting to play, but for me it was kind of hard to grab a hold of the gameplay completely.

America's Army - I know it's hugely popular, but I still find it to be underrated b/c it isn't as popular as it should be. The game is absoultely frickin incredible and it's a lot of fun to play, especially with the new things they've added (HHMVs with 2 types of attachments, machine gun and grenade launcher; Co-op play, the best feature added I think; and the new bazooka missle thing they incorporated but I forget what it's called at the moment. I just love this game it's very realistic I think and it's playability level is very high for me. Plus it's FREE!!! I love the army!

Best answers
Slave Zero - it got rated pretty badly, but the idea of stomping trough a giant future city as a big robot armed with different machine guns, rockets, cars,humans and different throwing stuff.... and fighting even bigger robot enemys and bosses was always entertaining for me.

perfect dark - i know it has godlike ratings(it deserves them really) but i hardly see anyone even knowing about this game and the fact that its the follower of goldeneye 007 for n64. and yeah its even better than goldeneye.
when everyone loves goldeneye, why havent they played perfect dark yet? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Red Orchestra - It's the best multiplayer WWII FPS you'll find. Anywhere. Period.

It has a realistic damage model, realistic bullet and projectile ballistics, historically accurate artillery system, 3D iron sights (no cross hairs here, folks), unique Eastern front setting (с сериями русских!), the ability to rest your weapon on anything to stabilize it, and a distance-based sound system (so the battle is the ambiance). Oh, and did I mention tanks?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I had Savage too, good fun, the servers were always underpopulated for the maps sizes though.

I don't think I own any underrated games, they always seem to get good reviews. I do think Final Fantasy IX gets a lot of flak though, I keep seeing it described as the weakest one, when that title clearly belongs to FFX-2. I had a lot of fun and good times with IX.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Age of Empires 2

It should get classic prowess like Warcraft 2, C&C: Red Alert, and Starcraft do.

Bushido Blade, for PS1, is probably the most underrated game of all time.

I have no idea why Way of the Samurai has been given no credit for the trend it created.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, I remember renting that at Blockbuster one time. I don't remember the game very well, since this was years ago, but my bro and I sure played the hell out of it. Fun times.

Comanche 4, Shogun: Total War (the best one, imo), City of Heroes/Villains...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play that game all the time with my friend. It's one of my favorite PSX games.

Best answers
Shogun: Total War (the best one, imo)
Seconded.

For my part then i say: Rune (not runescape they are 2 verry different things).
The best hack-n-slach game i know(only flaws it has is that there is no turning animation, neither can a viking puntch???),
well it isnt so mutch underrated but forgotten.

One of feau singelplayer game i have played twice, and probably only one i have played 3, and 4 times over from the beginning to the end.

Best answers
Half-Life2: Capture The Flag - Doesn't get the attention it deserves.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life2: Capture The Flag - Doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Because there's nothing special to it. It's just another CTF game. There are no unique gameplay features, other than the gravity gun. I mean, hey, if you like it, kudos to ya. But the rest of us got bored of CTF roughly two centuries ago.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Dragonball Z :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nox. Oh man i remember the times when the was players around :|

Best answers
Gish, almost nobody knows of the game, but man is this fun with few friends on the same computer. Both play with a ball of Tar that can Turn in Sticky, Slimy or Heavy substance. It takes some skill to gain full control of the Tarball, but its fun even if you dont have the skills.
There are few gamemodes like Sumo, American football, Deathmatch...etc which almost make it worth the few dollars to buy the game.
Only thing what you need extra keyboards or Gamepads so the buttons dont get jammed.

Also another one would be Mount and Blade. A Medieval game where you can build up a army, send them to battle and take the loot. Fun thing is that you can join the fight yourself and fight along with your allies.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But the rest of us got bored of CTF roughly two centuries ago.
Tell that to everyone waiting for Fortress Forever, and TF2.

I'd have to agree on Perfect Dark. It sold less than 1/3 of the copies that Goldeneye did, where I find it to be superior graphically and gameplay wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom