Best answers
I would like to know what techniques the good modelers use to make models for like people. Box modeling, poly by poly modeling, these are just examples of what im talking about so what is the most reliable way?
I ask this cuz well i have trouble with human/saiyajin models. I looked thru the tuts not much info there.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, my method is combination poly by poly and extruding, then dividing edges on the extruded parts one the areas that need more polys, i rarely ever use shapes, but theres a few occasions when they are best to use, ie, the hands i made on that base model were originally a box, i divedied adges and extruded the fingers out,

Bolteh2

B
i did most of the stuff with poly by poly in milkshape

now im trying things out with box mdoelling in max now

Best answers
If I'm modeling then I'm using the Patch Methode ( with Splines ). And only with 3dsm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
poly by poly modling in ms3d en rendering in 3dsmax

Best answers
well seems im the only one who uses preshape+patch+extrusion+edge dividing ? maybe ... but it suits my style best ^^ try!! lol

almostdeleted

A
a combo of pbp and shapes.. Like my pikkon body was comlpletly poly by poly but I used cylinders for the sleeves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i box with 3dsmax. make a box and tsart pully and extruding away

Best answers
Hmm maybe this should be stickiefied it can help with Noobs and stuff asking whats the best way to model and stuff.

But i use Poly by Poly in milkshape mix with shapes and box or spline model in max.

Best answers
poly by poly in ms3d, I use a box when it fits the bill, and maybe a geosphere for krillins head :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom