Your reflexes in game..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've just noticed, i can't get my fingers of the number 1 and 2 button (the melee and kiblop button). Due i mostly switch to Kiblop often, but sometimes i can't due a "no energy attack" match. But still i am ramming on the number 1 button all the time.. Just a automatic reflex, anyone has the same?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All the frickin' time. I also find myself hitting Tab while playing other games. Everytime I die, its just a reflex to hit tab to see how I'm doing.

Somebody should do a study to determine the effects of ESF on the psyche...

Best answers
you should see what it does to your fingers... 4 - 5 chains as fast as you can, becomes easy after practice... but it changes your reflexes throughout the game.. also i press '1' around 7 times, even though i have melee selected.. annoying reflex - wasting time. :-(

Best answers
well i constantly keep on pressing mouse2 2 times and then mouse1, and doing that for a long period of time in windows ^^ ingame i dont got that much of a shiet .. but sometimes that same thing comes in there also :p
ohh and that mouse thing. its annoying sometimes coz i did confugure my opera mouse settings somekinda of wierdo way coz sometimes when i press mouse 2, it moves me to the previous site that i was viewing, sometimes it creates an empty site and sometimes it just puts the site down ;3 and i cant get this shiet fixed up .. i've tryed to change it thru opera setting and my comps. mouse settings, and no result .. looks like i just gotta live with it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've set my Melee on mwheel down, so I tend to scroll my wheel down every few seconds to make sure I have melee selected. I also use Melee as a point of orientation when selecting my other attacks. If I select Melee, I know it's exactly one button press to go to Ki Blobs, two presses for Generic Beam, and so on. I'm not good at blindly pressing the number buttons, so this works better for me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea i know how taht is. Heck had to get rid of a similar problem on my guitar XD

I automaticly swiched to the chord C after a D even if it was wrong. Darn anoying to get unussed to ^^

Same for ESF i press TAB a lot aswell as i allways hit number 2 after advanced melee.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try to use the "scouter" in BF1942: Forgotten Hope or try to hit the Fly then you know what e-pain is.

=O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always press 1 and 2 and recharge in ESF (even if my ki is full).
In CS I always press q 2 times (to make sure wich weapon is secondary).
In all online games I check the stats about every 5 seconds (and after death I hold tab till respawn).

Off topic:
@Hamppu
That are Opera's mouse gestures. (right click+ move mouse down= new page, right click + left/right = back/forward)
To disable them: preferences-->advanced-->shortcuts-> uncheck "enable mouse gestures"

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I forced myself out of this habbit when I switched to mouse buttons for attacks, after a while i realised my reaction time was off cause i was pressing some button, so yea, i was still ramming the 1 key. Im always pressing tab too, its not even to check score/ping, just need something to rappidly press while someone knocks me back or waiting to respawn.

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I've set my Melee on mwheel down, so I tend to scroll my wheel down every few seconds to make sure I have melee selected. I also use Melee as a point of orientation when selecting my other attacks. If I select Melee, I know it's exactly one button press to go to Ki Blobs, two presses for Generic Beam, and so on. I'm not good at blindly pressing the number buttons, so this works better for me.
How do you get your keys to use double tap commands? Whatd you put in your .cfg i guess is what i want to know.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
How do you get your keys to use double tap commands? Whatd you put in your .cfg i guess is what i want to know.
Which is a script, so i seriously doubt anyone would post it here in public.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this mouse wheel idea of yours!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you. It works quite well if you're used to it.

I've set my Teleport to mwheel Up, so when someone swoops up to me to Melee me, I can do one quick tap of the wheel down to select Melee, then instantly tap it up to Teleport out of the way.

This quickness has saved my ass many times.

It's just unfortunate that I can't do most of the lame Melee tricks that makes other people 'good' at ESF. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Which is a script, so i seriously doubt anyone would post it here in public.
You misunderstood my question. Shiyojin said he presses one button for a kiblob attack and the same button twice for generic attack. Can you bind this for other keys and mouse buttons?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I meant that I used the 'weapon prev' and 'weapon' next' buttons to cycle through my attacks. Hence, with Melee selected, it takes one button press of 'weapon next' to go to Ki Blasts, or two presses to go to Generic Beam/Ball. I'm sorry if I was unclear about this, I guess I should have mentioned it in my previous post. :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh ok, i thought you had something like cells KHH to SBC key config. Just thought to myself, I could really use that for something... so if someone might know how to change the bind in your .cfg to do this please post how. thanks.

Best answers
My reflexes are getting better, and just recently, as Enix's ZERO model (Which gave me my other name) I was able to kill someone while flying backwords melee.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I am blessed with a scroll mouse I jsut scroll through my attacks selection. I can imagine though how difficult it is having to reach away from WSAD and reach to the numbers and how annoyying it can be as I use to do that at one stage. at times I will still reach for 1, 2 & 3 if I find it an easier thing to do.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have my mousewheel down to select melee as well. My mousewheel up is for attack 5, incase I ever want to spam the spirit bombs, or if I'm feeling a candy mood pop up while I'm Buu.

I constantly press tab in game, but thats a left over habit from quake 1, heh when i used the mouse to move and the keyboard to look, oh what times lay behind....

Best answers
a=left(strafe)
d=right(strafe)
w=forward
s=backward
q=block
e=ki recharge
Ctrl=swoop down
Spacebar=swoop up[jump]
Shift=previous attack
Alt=next attack
(numeric keys are for noobs :p)
Swoop down is useless since fall is faster and cheaper but I use it to make teleports go straight down.

Mousewheel up=teleport
Mousewheel down=fall
Mouse button 1=prim. attack
Mouse button 2=sec. attack
Mouse button 3=turbo

I used to teleport like that in 1.1 and never went back.
Habit= pressing ki recharge and turbo at the same which is a good thing.

RaiKhan said:
you should see what it does to your fingers... 4 - 5 chains as fast as you can, becomes easy after practice... but it changes your reflexes throughout the game.. also i press '1' around 7 times, even though i have melee selected.. annoying reflex - wasting time. :-(
ROFLCOPTER!! NOOB!! :laff:

Best answers
lol pressing 1 all the time is slightly obsessive compulsive now i think about it, im always pressing it to even when i know that i havent changed from melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom