Your opinion on the Death Sentence?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm against it, because it doesn't make any sense. Death is the easy way out , if anything.

I'd rather let them be tortured every single day , or sit in a jail for the rest of their lives.

Of course, this would also depend on the individual . But generally, my point of view is that people had their chance, and they blew it . Most of them do not deserve a secondary one ( and the ones that do.. Well, there has to be a really good reason for killing someone else ), as they've already proven how weak they are to the society.

Scum like these should absolutely be dealt with, but killing them is not the way to go.

Last edited:
Best answers
against it let them be in jail until their time is up or they are rehabilitated into society now people like Dexter a character from a show, he kills people who killed other people their are people like him

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
against it let them be in jail untill thier time is up or they are rehabilitated into society now people like Dexter a show he kills peiople who killed other people thier are people like him
Not to be an ass, but could you please take an additional 3 seconds to add some proper punctuation and spelling to that post? I have absolutely no idea what you just attempted to tell us.

Anyway, what if it was your brother or sister that killed someone, would you still vouch for the death sentence? And be honest.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Madman, it costs more money to put someone to death then it does keeping him in jail for life.
no, the political bull**** required to put someone down costs more jailing them. If the death penalty wasn't such a taboo for you care bears, it wouldn't cost so much.

I own 27 firearms. Trust me, bullets are cheap,

Force Pit Member
Best answers
no, the political bull**** required to put someone down costs more jailing them. If the death penalty wasn't such a taboo for you care bears, it wouldn't cost so much.

I own 27 firearms. Trust me, bullets are cheap,
Huh. Really? Cuz uh, http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty says otherwise.

By the way, I love the little quips and hidden insults. They're a nice touch. But you're right man, totally right. You know what? **** Due Process. As soon as someone is accused, just shoot the bastard. That's what I say.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
all your link is is the "political bull****' i so kindly mentioned in the previous post.

It costs money to prove someone killed someone yes, but its easier to see in some cases than others. If there's an eyewitness, security camera, Fingerprints, that can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the person committed the murder. Why should we pay for all the technicalities when its obvious he is guilty? Shoot the assclown and be done with it.

if this country would punish crimes accordingly, there would be less of it. If the criminal knew he would be getting put to death for murdering someone, he might be less apt to do so.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah! We should do things the Texas way! Everyone needs to stop being such a pussy and worrying about whether or not we're about to send an innocent man to die. We need to just kill them, they're probably guilty anyway!

---

1) Texas has the highest murder rate in the country
2) Texas also puts more people to death then any other state

Clearly the death penalty is not persuading people in Texas to stop committing murders. Why? Because when someone commits a murder, their not thinking of the consequences, their in a completely ****ed state of mind and no amount of possible punishment will shake them out of it.

It just came out that in 1994, Texas sentenced an innocent man to death. It does happen, and it's not ****ing acceptable. How would you feel, Nuttzy, if you, or your brother, or your mother got accused of something they did not do? How would you feel if they were sentenced to death for this supposed crime? Honestly, your position is undefendable and sickening.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
orrying about whether or not we're about to send an innocent man to die
I think I addressed that sub

If there's an eyewitness, security camera, Fingerprints, that can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the person committed the murder. Why should we pay for all the technicalities when its obvious he is guilty? Shoot the assclown and be done with it.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The "political bull****" is the process we through in order to make sure the criminals are guilty. Even then, mistakes are made and innocent people die. It's not wroth it.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont personally agree with the death sentence because it provides too much opportunity for error and corruption. Lifelong suffering makes a better impact than death. I am a strong believer in sterilisation, especially where serial murder and rape is concerned. Removing someone from both society and the genepool makes sense to me.

The only scenario I approve of the death penalty is within formal tradition of mortal combat.

As a society, what is our obsession with punishment? What does it show? I think it shows what an uncultured, emotionally driven and frankly brutish civilization we are.
etc etc
Thankyou! I never thought I would read such articulated wisdom on a DBZ fansite.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Truely, would you consider the Death Sentence a punishment? It seems like an easy way out of dwelling on your own decision to me.

Even though I said taking a life means you deserve to lose yours, I think either punishment is a good way.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you ever heard of the mathematical theory "The paradox of the false positive?" It basically says this;

A new disease, SUPER-AIDS, ravages the world, and we invent a cure for it. However, the cure will KILL anyone that doesn't have SUPER-AIDS! So we create a test to test for SUPER-AIDS that's 99% accurate.
That means if you test 100 people 1 person, that 1%, will die for being a false positive- die for being a mathematical probability. Of course, SUPER-AIDS is ravaging the whole world, not just a town. So when you test one million people for super-aids, 10,000 of them will die- either by a negative result that should've been a positive resulting in them dying from SUPER AIDS, or by a false positive resulting in them dying from the vaccine.

Now, modern crime prevention science is not even that advanced. The death sentence won't wrongly sentence 1% of people. Think more about 5-10%.
Yes, nothing is ever certain. It is nigh impossible that every single person the government kills will "deserve" it. There are 300 million people in the united states. If we are to say, for there is no way to accurately gather this data, that the American judicinal system is 95% accurate, and I highly doubt it's even that high in reality, then 15 million people can be wrongly killed.

Now, this bit gets a bit complicated so I used Excel to calculate it. I found a table on Wikipedia of the number of crimes committed per 100,000 persons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
(Under "States" I used the total)
Since it's per 100,000 I divided the total population by 100,000 and used that number to multiply the amount per 100,000 to work out the estimated total offenders. Now I'm just going to classify murder and serious assault as death penalty charges. That's 870,000 people. If we are to assume that the justice system is 95% accurate, 43,000 people will be put to death wrongly. Now it'd be pretty weird for people to worry about the deaths of 3,000 people on September 11th if they had wrongly killed 43,000 people wouldn't it?
Hey feller. Yeah you wit yo college-boy numbas and matha-ma-matics. We don' like yer type 'round her. Best be movin' along 'for sometin' bad happens to ya.

Thankyou! I never thought I would read such articulated wisdom on a DBZ fansite.
But...didn't you just say you'd prefer life long suffering o_O

I think humans are still greatly affected the by the "reward (reinforce?)/punishment" psychological trend. Perhaps there will come a time where the mere idea of murder is unheard of.

There was a robbery in philly of a pizza delivery guy. A man came up to him with a SHOTGUN and shot him in the face, critically injuring him.

Now what the ****? Some murders in this city have gotten to the point where the victim's life is a non-issue to the assailants. You shouldn't need an institution to tell someone that shooting someone in the face for minimal cash is horrible. Things like this naturally make people angry, so very little compassion is directed toward the assailant.

Who could bring themselves to think that the shooter simply "needs help"? And yet, he did not think it would go to prison and he did not think he will be killed, so the justice system was meaningless to him in this situation, meaning the SOURCE of this horrible mindset needs to be attacked, so instead of spending all this money of Death Penalty appears, I'm pretty sure ****ty ass neighborhoods like this could use some improvement.

nuttzy's idea of a death penalty would be scary. I actually ponder the idea of simply removing criminals of horrible black-and-white crimes from this Earth. Get rid of the evil, no more evil. But a large chunk of violent crimes are not so black and white, and a quick bullet to the head is unnecessary and rather blood thirsty.

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
But...didn't you just say you'd prefer life long suffering o_O
My point was that if it was my purpose to punish someone, suffering is a more logical option than death.

Also, fortnoxs efforts with the false positive paradox was a brilliant testament to the criminal system. Such figures should be very publicly broadcasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom