Your opinion on the Death Sentence?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly...a murderer even after his crime and punishment in prison, still has a tendency to snap even if he is "reformed"
Life sentence dude. No getting out. Just knowing that the next day will be the same as the one before in your little room with 4 walls.

Killing them is doing them a favour. Prison itself can be mental torture so helping them get on their way is actually helping them get out the easy way.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's pretty sick man. Think of loved ones you've lost.

Not the best choice of words, in reality I would like nothing more than to see the person responsible for my mothers death slaughtered. I would gladly volunteer to flip the switch and short of that, I would be sitting, watching, and smiling my happy little ass off.

I want him and everyone close to him to share the same pain he caused us.

that IS justice, to the eyes of a murder victims family.

I'm proof.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
. We can act logically rather than rashly. There was a time when your last statement was true, but it isn't today.
What are you saying, we should act like Vulcans from Star Trek?

F that, someone gets killed and were supposed to feel nothing? Or, at least hide our emotions? Don't think so.

I'm all for it. Since torture can come across as cruel, the next best thing is to rid the earth of their existance.

A part of me wants them to suffer in jail for the rest of their life, and it would make me feel better if they were getting beaten and raped while they were locked up, but that's not always the case.

I'm all for the death penalty, and that's not because I would be thinking emotionally. Justice needs to be served and I don't think life in prison is the answer.

The world will never become a happier place from killing people- it won't make the victims feel better.
Lets say a person breaks in a house, kills the father and leaves the mother and kids alive and escapes. I guarantee you they would feel a **** load better knowing the killer was given what he deserved, the death sentence.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I say hitting children to teach them not to hit is the way to go. But that's just me.

Best answers
I think people should get what they give. If a person only sees a solution in killing others, then the only solution we should see with him is killing him. Justice should always be relative to the person and their views and not to a simple universal law.

If however he thinks he can change and find a better alternative, that's when we focus on reforms and helping that person find better answers. That's where faith and God are necessary. If all the solutions to their problems are that people are bad and need to be killed, then so long sucker.

Ever notice that the people who say "people suck" are the ones that suck? Yeah, same principle here.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think people should get what they give. If a person only sees a solution in killing others, then the only solution we should see with him is killing him. Justice should always be relative to the person and their views and not to a simple universal law.

If however he thinks he can change and find a better alternative, that's when we focus on reforms and helping that person find better answers. That's where faith and God are necessary. If all the solutions to their problems are that people are bad and need to be killed, then so long sucker.

Ever notice that the people who say "people suck" are the ones that suck? Yeah, same principle here.
A. Suck at what?

B. I accidentally killed my friend. What should my sentence be?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

So you are saying i suck and that im ignorant?

Humanity is a faliure due to its own intelect. We know everything thats wrong and needs to be changed yet we do nothing cause it would be a bother and its simply easier to follow the horde. In the past people had a nice idea they called exile.

But in all honesty. As much as i want to see people suffer for killing others. I feel that by mearly killing them its not enough. Whats needed is something to make them start to regret and then live on with taht regret. Something that might reform them or break their spirit. Just killing them off is the easy way out for them and it doesnt serve as punishment.

nuttzy as you said. Youd kill the murderer to make him feel your loss. But in doing so youd only push your pain onto those who have nothing to do with it while he himself gets away with simply dying and not feeling a thing. The one who you most wanted revenge against gets the free ticket out while the ones who werent involved get to deal with the same situation as the victims.

Thats not justice thats just pushing your pain onto others simply cause of the feeling that "If it happens to me it should happen to someone else". I agree get revenge but dont get revenge on those who arnt involved simply cause they are close to the perpetrator. Get revenge on him by making him regret and making that regret eat at him for the rest of his life. Thats the ultimate revenge. The rest is mearly an illusion that gives you a small merit of satisfaction in the short run, but it certanly comes back to haunt you in the long run.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i feel safer knowing that my neighbor didnt butcher a family and rape the dog in his glory days, death penalty wins.
You can make sure that the guy who butchers his family and rapes the dog is in jail for life, you don't have to kill them.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Type-0 Dong and TwisteR, do you want people to be happy? Would you like world peace? Because that requires effort on no-one else's behalf but yours, you have to strive to understand others, to see their perspectives and understand them. I believe attitudes like yours will only make the world worse.
Believe me my friend, the world as a whole will not be affected one bit with or without the death penalty. That is the least of our worries. There are far greater issues with our species that have to be dealt with to ensure world peace. Which we are far, far from achieving. Seems like you're turning this topic into something bigger than it actually is.

You don't know me. I merely stated my opinion on the death sentence, so you're pretty bold to single me out with Type-0 Dong by saying our attitudes would make this world worse. Its our opinion, we stated it. Don't like it? Tough. I'm not judging you by your statements. If you think I'm this insensitive prick who demands justice by death on anyone who has done wrong on this planet, you're sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Against, besides, being locked up for your entire life seems like a much more fitting punishment than being put out of your misery.

Texas has the highest death penalty rate, yet it also has the highest murder rate. This seems to indicate that the death penalty isn't a good deterrent for crime.
It's also a nice reminder that the religiosity of a state is directly linked to its crime level.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the best choice of words, in reality I would like nothing more than to see the person responsible for my mothers death slaughtered. I would gladly volunteer to flip the switch and short of that, I would be sitting, watching, and smiling my happy little ass off.

I want him and everyone close to him to share the same pain he caused us.

that IS justice, to the eyes of a murder victims family.

I'm proof.
Involving people who don't have anything to do with the case is pretty horrible if you ask me. Killing, punishing, or blaming innocent members of the culprit's family just isn't right. This is what causes the cycle of hatred. Somebody kills somebody close to you, a few years later you kill the person who killed the person close to you, and it goes on and on.

Besides, why would you want the culprit to have the easy way out by dying instead of rotting away in prison, living with the guilt of murder?

Best answers
Against, besides, being locked up for your entire life seems like a much more fitting punishment than being put out of your misery.

It's also a nice reminder that the religiosity of a state is directly linked to its crime level.
couldn't resist:

Also, if a judge convicting someone to a death sentence is a murderer, is a judge convicting someone to a prison sentence then a kidnapper?

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Type-0 Dong and TwisteR, do you want people to be happy? Would you like world peace? Because that requires effort on no-one else's behalf but yours, you have to strive to understand others, to see their perspectives and understand them. I believe attitudes like yours will only make the world worse.
I'm sure my attitude, and my attitude alone will affect the entire world to an extent so great that you should definitely be concerned about.

I asked a simple question, and posted a pleasant rhetoric, whatever attitude you're talking about, I don't see it, so if you would; please elaborate. Also, I never said if I was for, or against the death penalty, so you shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Edit: My question still stands, if i accidentally kill my friend, do i deserve the death penalty or not?

Last edited:
Best answers
A. Suck at what?

B. I accidentally killed my friend. What should my sentence be?
A. Whatever they think people suck at, I guess.

B. Did you intend to kill your friend? Then I don't intend to kill you. That's what I mean by justice.

And maybe even more so, would you have done it differently if you had the chance? Those are the important questions, imo.

So you are saying i suck and that im ignorant?

Humanity is a faliure due to its own intelect. We know everything thats wrong and needs to be changed yet we do nothing cause it would be a bother and its simply easier to follow the horde. In the past people had a nice idea they called exile.

But in all honesty. As much as i want to see people suffer for killing others. I feel that by mearly killing them its not enough. Whats needed is something to make them start to regret and then live on with taht regret. Something that might reform them or break their spirit. Just killing them off is the easy way out for them and it doesnt serve as punishment.

nuttzy as you said. Youd kill the murderer to make him feel your loss. But in doing so youd only push your pain onto those who have nothing to do with it while he himself gets away with simply dying and not feeling a thing. The one who you most wanted revenge against gets the free ticket out while the ones who werent involved get to deal with the same situation as the victims.

Thats not justice thats just pushing your pain onto others simply cause of the feeling that "If it happens to me it should happen to someone else". I agree get revenge but dont get revenge on those who arnt involved simply cause they are close to the perpetrator. Get revenge on him by making him regret and making that regret eat at him for the rest of his life. Thats the ultimate revenge. The rest is mearly an illusion that gives you a small merit of satisfaction in the short run, but it certanly comes back to haunt you in the long run.
I actually didn't read any replies before I posted, because I really just have an absolute and reciprocal approach to most things. I didn't imply anything about anyone here, nor would I, unless I wanted them to judge me the same way, or if I felt that was already happening, in which case that isn't worth reciprocating in the first place.

There's too much diversity in the world to just say "people are this or that." That's why I suggest that anyone who tries to sum up all of the people in the world in a single sentence are really just describing themselves, and that goes along the same idea of how justice should be carried out. I haven't met everyone, nor do I know everyone the same way as I do myself, so assuming I know everyone based on knowing myself... that's all there is to it.

People who kill intentionally and without regret are already dead, as they've given up on themselves and what value they have for others. If they see no signs of life or redemption in others and they kill them unmercifully, then that's all that remains for them. In defining another's fate, we define our own as well.

That's why I can understand why everyone wants to either save the man or kill the man, since you either want to be saved or killed if you were in that situation. I don't want to involve how I feel in the matter though, because then it becomes all about me. So I say turn him on himself and see what happens.

We should give every killer a gun and put him into complete solitude. If they survive, we give them a chance. The amount of time? I'm not sure. Maybe randomly add a year when they're convinced it's over just to give'em a little push.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Needs moar american army \o/
Where instead of killing innocents and getting locked up/death sentence, you can kill civilians in another country (or four) and come home a hero \o/

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correlation does not imply causation, my friend. Statistics 101.

As for the topic of the thread, I am against the death penalty, which suits my situation just fine, as no part of Canada employs it. People do not change with a way out like a death sentence available.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should give every killer a gun and put him into complete solitude. If they survive, we give them a chance. The amount of time? I'm not sure. Maybe randomly add a year when they're convinced it's over just to give'em a little push.
That might class as torture and encouraging suicide. Sure, they need to be punished and reformed but that would be far too cruel.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are willing to take a life... You should be willing to give your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom