Your opinion on the Death Sentence?

Best answers
i still aprove of death sentence fact is i live in Texas, We have an Express Lane law, now, 3 or more people see you do it , you dont get to wait in line, straight to the eletic chair, Woo! course, i'll never sit on a jurry that sends someone, cause murder is murder,

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you're legally murdering a murderer. How is that justice?

I don't know about any of you guys, but I just cannot, for the life of me, see how the Death Sentence is justice and right. Murder is a horrible thing, yes, but do you really deserve to be legally murdered because of it? Judges who sentence people to death and people who perform the Death Sentence are being just as low as the murderer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I for one think that the state isn't paying enough attention to the accused people, that are supposed to get the death sentence. By this I mean that every criminal that could potentially be sentenced to death needs to be, at least, thoroughly examined on a psychological basis. If said criminal is a psychopath/sociopath, it's obvious that they'll never be able to change, and if they're set free once again, they will commit the same crime (which is usually homocide), again.

If said criminal is, for example, simply a middle aged man with anger management issues whose wife pushed him to the very limit and made him kill her, or an alcoholic who beat his someone to death when he had a bit too much to drink, he/she shouldn't get the death sentence, in my opinion. I believe those people can change, especially after enough time in prison.

The ONLY time I'd support the death sentence is in the case of psychopath/sociopath murderers, as those people really are nothing more than a threat to society, and they WILL kill again if they are released. And there's no point in keeping them in prison forever, feeding them and generally keeping them alive, when it's much easier to just hang them on a piece of rope. And again, I only support it for the safety of other people. I do not in any way think that the death sentence is an appropriate punishment for ANY crime. No one "deserves" the death sentence IMO, and it should only be used as a safety measure in cases when there's really no other alternative (I don't count a lifetime in prison as an alternative, better to be killed right from the start than to have to rot away for the rest of your life in a cell.)

I say people should die. In large numbers. Not necessary because they committed a crime or something.
The world's population keeps growing. And that sucks for the planet we leave in since more people means more resources must be used, more forests must be tared down and more animals will eventually be slaughtered (for food or just for some idiots fun). Not to mention the growing pollution in this dieing planet's atmosphere.
There's a much better alternative to what you're suggesting. We humans are mortal beings. We'll all die eventually, so isn't it much easier to just reproduce less, or not at all? FYI, there are still people who have 8-9 children per family in some countries. If they had, say, 1 or 2 per family, we'd be getting somewhere. Although I'd personally like it if we'd stop reproducing altogether, but I'm aware we'd be taking an enormous beauty from the world, and that a lot of people wouldn't agree with me at all.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Against. Let them sit in a small room with a tiny window and torture them by showing reruns of the teletubbies, but dont kill them. Its not harsh enough.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm against this whole thing because let's face it, death is over-rated.
A killer's murder affects the victim's family for years, and he gets away by dying. A life spent in prison would be a much greater punishment.

Discord Member
Best answers
if your a pathologic killer that is able to kill 1 or more people then burry them in your garden and live near them knowing you killed lets say 4 people, god damn it you spend your mornings every day knowing that and you live a "normal" life.
You really think serial killers would feel bad?!, I don't even call them human beings, their animals that don't deserve to live in a human society,
In my opinion death sentence for serial killers, and killers is a must...but not self defense murder

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your a pathologic killer that is able to kill 1 or more people then burry them in your garden and live near them knowing you killed lets say 4 people, god damn it you spend your mornings every day knowing that and you live a "normal" life.
You really think serial killers would feel bad?!, I don't even call them human beings, their animals that don't deserve to live in a human society,
In my opinion death sentence for serial killers, and killers is a must...but not self defense murder
What happens when we kill an innocent man? It's happened in the past and it'll happen again. Are innocent lives lost really worth it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh phlease. Human kind are all animals. We just try to deny that as much as we can. And well stay animals as long as we dont get over our nature and actually start working together. Your point is void. Heck humanity is worse than animals in lots of cases.

Still by killing them you allow them an easy way out. Why spare them the experience of beeing locked into a small room till they finally go to the other side themselves.

Every single country is built on one thing and one thing alone. Blood that was spilled during its history. Mass murder and what not. Yet those were OK cause it was "For the god of the people" load of crap that we delude ourselves with into thinking that was OK.

So dont say anything about us not beeing anything other than beasts.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think execution is letting them off easy. Life in prison, stripped of 95% of the freedom you take for granted every day, is a much stronger deterrent if you ask me.

Discord Member
Best answers
If you keep him in prison, you are feeding him everyday, giving him something to drink and give him clothes...basically 40 years of spending funds on a criminal (sometimes even more years), yet you have people on the street with nothing, most of these homeless people end up stealing just to get in prison,

Hell I'm not saying we're all perfect...but i despise killers, because killing is the worst thing a man can do, and your saying that the punishment should be life sentence in a prison where you what loose freedom? Yeah...tell that to the families who lost their sons, daughters or fathers?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you keep him in prison, you are feeding him everyday, giving him something to drink and give him clothes...basically 40 years of spending funds on a criminal (sometimes even more years), yet you have people on the street with nothing, most of these homeless people end up stealing just to get in prison,

Hell I'm not saying we're all perfect...but i despise killers, because killing is the worst thing a man can do, and your saying that the punishment should be life sentence in a prison where you what loose freedom? Yeah...tell that to the families who lost their sons, daughters or fathers?
You're right. Although death penalty isn't the best thing to do, sometimes i believe it's necessary. Of course you could always torture them(or something similar) until they beg for death.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i feel safer knowing that my neighbor didnt butcher a family and rape the dog in his glory days, death penalty wins.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a someone who looks at it from the outside to in, I'd rather get the death penalty then be locked up in an American prison.
Both are worthless as it is right now, both kill you, but in different ways.
One takes your life away, the other one takes the bit of humanity you might have left. because you simply won't survive otherwise.
Prison is rehabilitations? give me a break, most of the people in prison(77%) end up back in it within 3 years anyway.

Discord Member
Best answers
exactly...a murderer even after his crime and punishment in prison, still has a tendency to snap even if he is "reformed"

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It really worries me how obsessive people are about punishment, about revenge. It's stupid. The logical thing to do is to help them, the only reason they would be that was is that they're mentally ill; they need to be reformed, and if it happens to take their entire life to do so, then it's the same as being in prison anyway, but at least we tried to help them.
I disagree. Some criminals aren't mentally ill at all; thieves, for example. They either have to steal because they it's their only way to survive, or they just find it more convenient than having a job (until they get caught, that is.). Same goes for drug dealers. Someone who gets convicted because he was caught selling marijuana isn't a mentally ill person. He just deals drugs. Though IMO drug laws are the stupidest kind of laws out there and should be sent to Hell as far as I'm concerned (should be noted that I've never taken any drugs except for pot, and don't plan on doing so, drug law or not.).

But then, there are criminals of violence. They're also usually completely normal people, they're just, well, violent. Being violent wasn't a mental disease when I last checked. Violent poeple probably have some issues, I'm not denying that, but you can't call it a mental illness. Punishment IS neccessary, to an extent. What we people lack is discipline. And discipline is gained either by punishing or rewarding people, in this case, by punishing the assailants. Without any sort of punishment, the world would be a lot closer to anarchy, because people would be able to do whatever they please, without fear of the consequences. Eventually it would boil down to survival of the fittest. That's something that should be avoided.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
You know, I was initially for it... but after reading these posts, I'm starting to lean the other way.
Seriously, you've got a point there. :p

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dave's wife, Emma, has burnt Dave's dinner. Dave expresses his pent-up rage from an unsatisfied life by beating his wife for her failures. Certainly he needs help
sounds to me like Emma is the one that needs help, her husband is beating the **** out of her and all.

you do not reward bad behavior with excuses and pity, you punish them for it.

I know someone will pull that tree-hugger quote out of their ass, But "Eye for an Eye" IS the perfect justice system. You kill, you get killed, The end.

if words alone were enough to fend off violence and war, well.... we wouldn't have them in the first place.

']

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
well I couldn't agree more nutzzy, hell a guy here stabbed his wife with a knife the other day, hell we should give him therapy and help the poor man for grabbing the knife and doing something his sick mind told him to...

First of all, it wont help cause in a year, ten or more he will snap again, so what you get in the end is a dead wife, potential more victims in the future and a major fund loss...eye for an eye works, you kill you get killed.
You think a man wouldn't kill knowing cause he will get punished with therapy years in prison with clothes food and water? Tell him that he'll get the chair and i think he will think for a moment...

Best answers
well.. its like this... noone is alowed to take god's present "wich is life" away from someone.
WEre all humans :).Sure we need a punishment for breaking some so called "rules" but i dissagree with death sentence.Maybe that man is sick.. so its our duty.. the normal ones to help the "sick" ones heal themselves,not to kill them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom