Your opinion on the Death Sentence?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you think that if someone commits murder they deserve to be killed themselves? Do you think that they'd rather spend their life in jail or get another punishment? I want to hear what you think!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Against it. People can change, and I believe it doesn't take a lifetime in jail for a murderer to experience enough suffering and guilt to atone for what he has done. Yes, taking away someone's life is a serious crime, but if you look beyond the law, you never know how much the victim's life was worth anyway. Maybe the victim was a worthless bum or serial rapist, in other words, scum. I believe that should be taken into consideration.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Useless tool of revenge. They do occasionally execute the innocent, and it costs more due to all kinds of appeals, not to mention the actual execution, than it would just to leave the person in prison with zero chance of ever getting out.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm more for reforming criminals than killing them. There's been mistakes with the death sentence and Death Row can last practically forever, wasting money and time. Especially if the suspect turns out innocent after a couple of years there.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas just killed an innocent man, it was in the news like a day or two ago. I'm firmly against the death penalty, I don't believe the state should have a right to kill its citizens.

Also, an interesting fact - It costs more money to put a man to death then it does to keep him in jail for life. Plus, Texas has the highest death penalty rate, yet it also has the highest murder rate. This seems to indicate that the death penalty isn't a good deterrent for crime.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
call me desensitized on the subject of death, but honestly Im all for it.

it just needs some work, figuring out who to put down and who not to. Some people are capable of change, others are not. If they let a murderer go free, and he kills again, the phrase "I told you so" isn't going to help the family of the new victim.

or hell, in a perfect world we would make them all fight to the death and sell tickets. They are going to die anyways, may as well make some money off of it to boost the economy. (it would be crazy if i wasn't half serious =D)

death race anyone?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beyond this, I think it contributes to a more jaded and violent society to have institutionalized violence within our own country. Lock the bastards up in some tiny room for life.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punishment FTW. Let them pay, don't let them avoid it by dying.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I think that damaera sholud be killed and no1 else btw. why killing cryminals is such expensive and evil thing there were times when ppl were hang during festivals as part of show we can allways get back to it and sell tickets ! viva la Capitalism

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i am all for it but only to people who mess with kids and rape women

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Against.

Kind of silly to claim moral superiority while murdering an individual (in the name of justice, which makes everything hunky dorey).

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I say people should die. In large numbers. Not necessary because they committed a crime or something.
The world's population keeps growing. And that sucks for the planet we leave in since more people means more resources must be used, more forests must be tared down and more animals will eventually be slaughtered (for food or just for some idiots fun). Not to mention the growing pollution in this dieing planet's atmosphere.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I say people should die. In large numbers. Not necessary because they committed a crime or something.
The world's population keeps growing. And that sucks for the planet we leave in since more people means more resources must be used, more forests must be tared down and more animals will eventually be slaughtered (for food or just for some idiots fun). Not to mention the growing pollution in this dieing planet's atmosphere.
"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I rely wish I could do something about all of this. But there's not much one person could do to help the world :(
You misunderstood my post. Don't wish death on anyone until you're ready to take the leap yourself.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You misunderstood my post. Don't wish death on anyone until you're ready to take the leap yourself.
There was a very good sentence in The day the Earth stood still.
"This planet is dieing. You are killing it. If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth lives."
I am very ready to take this leap.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Death is the ultimate taking of someone's civil rights. Everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness, be them neo-Nazis or terrorists. A life sentence takes away your rights, but only enough to ensure you do not take the rights of others.

That being said, the prison system does need to be cleaned up. Some criminals enter prison with a bachelor's in weed and leave with a master's in cocaine.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some years ago i used to say dead sentence could be good for some reasons, but after reflecting some time, I came to the conclusion that community service is the way to go, at least let them make something usefull, even if it is for the entire life. What is the purpose of killing someone who caused a big damage and/or pain? Wont change a thing in peoples lifes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom