Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I'll probably do both, or decide later

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just curious, how many mappers here are planning on switching and mapping only for HL2 when it comes out?
Myself, I'm going to try it, because it adds tons of new and useful features with AI and scripts, but I don't know if I'm going to completely switch over.
What are you guys planning?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't completely switch over cuz i have a project coming up, and i'm in an esf clan, but i will surely try it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would think that nearly every HL mapper would try it. I would love to. The immense size allowed for a map is just rediculous when compared to HL1. (Rediculous as in huge)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the alloweable map size will be 64x HL1's in overall volume.
That's going to be mind-blowing using it for the first time.

Best answers
yeah i saw a visual comparison and the map size was like 6 times HL1's size so no doubt theyll be bigger...

Best answers
I will definitely map for HL² and I will probably only map for HL², when it comes out!
Cuz when youve seen all the possibilities mappers have with HL², you will not want to get back to normal HL mapping!
I mean HL is the greatest game ever...it lasted over 5 whole years by now, but its engine is old!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll give HL2 mapping a shot the same way I did for HL1. Maybe make my house and some other little locations....then get distracted and abandon it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll still do both, but it is true, with all the cababilities of HL2 mapping it could be hard to come back (I mean how can you argue with premade spheres ;))

Best answers
Of course im gonna map for HL2, wont we all?
But im not gonna quit HL1 cuz well its the game with most copies out... But in a couple of years HL2 WILL take over completly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom