Your favorite JRPG

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So what is your favorite JRPG?

I can't post mine yet since im about to play xenogears and it should give Chrono Trigger a good run. Ill fill you guys in in a couple of days if i manage to beat it up till then.

So what is your favorite JRPG?

Note: I mean favorite story and character development wise. You can pretty much abandon graphs, gameplay and the such.
And yes - generation doesn't matter - we are talking about the best of all time.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)

Amazing story and Character Developments, Realtime Combat. I loved this game. My favorited on the GBA.

Golden Sun 1 & 2,

I don't know whether these are JRPGs or not, but they are hidden gems of the old time. Give these two a go Deco, and fall in love all over again.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any of the Fire Emblem series. Genealogy of the Holy War being particularly good. A clever plot and unique mechanics, even for the series. Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are good too. The first half of Earthbound is incredibly clever as well!

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy III(US) which is Final Fantasy VI(japan) huge amount of characters, great story backgrounds, the whole game was just one big masterpiece including the music soundtrack!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This. I still haven't even completed it, but it rests at a comfy #1 spot in my favourite games of all time, just above Ocarina of Time. I want to replay Majora's Mask now....
Still o_O

Didnt you and me have a race on wholl beat it first back in 2006 o_O

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Chrono Trigger is awesome, played it on a SNES emulator on my phone. Final Fantasy V, VI, VII and IX are great games indeed!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom