Your Favorite Half-Life quote

Best answers
Whats your favorite Half-Life series quote? Any quote from any game with the name Half-Life in it counts. That's all of them.

My favorite quote is in the training (boot camp) of Opposing Force, where the guy says "After this training you'll be eating danger and crapping victory".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasnt aware that HL had any memorable quotes. Funny you should mention that one, being as that training is the only SP Ive played on HL.

Best answers
From HL1:

G-Man: Gordon Freeman, in the flesh. Or rather, in the hazard suit. I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons; most of them were government property. As for the suit, I think you've earned it. The borderworld, Xen, is under our control for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed back there; I am impressed. That's why I'm here: I have recommended your services to my... employers, and they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree you have limitless potential. You've proved yourself to be a decisive man, so I don't expect you'll have any problem deciding what to do. If you're interested, just step into the portal and I'll take that as a yes. Otherwise, well, I can offer you a battle you have no chance of winning. Rather an anti-climax after what you've just survived.

Nihilanth: You are man... he is not man... for you he waits... for you...

Nihilanth: The truth... you can never know the truth... you can...

From HL2:

Barney: Hey Gordon! If you see Dr Breen in there, tell him I said [crashing noise] you!

G-Man: Rise and shine, Mr Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job; no one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste, until... well, let's say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr Freeman; wake up and... smell the ashes.

Dr Kleiner: Alyx has just installed the final piece of our resurrected teleport.
Barney: You mean it's working? For real this time? Because I still have nightmares about that cat.
Alyx: What cat?

Alyx: Come on Gordon! We may still have...
[explosion; time suddenly freezes and G-Man appears]
G-Man: Time, Dr Freeman? Is it really that time again? You've accomplished much in a small timespan. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily, I wouldn't contemplate them, but these are extraordinary times. I do apologize for what must seem an abitrary imposition to you. I trust it will all make sense in the course of.... well, I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off.
[G-Man walks through a bright white portal which shuts behind him, leaving Gordon in suspended animation]

Vortigaunt: Our greatest poet describes it thus: gallum galla gilla ma.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Dargh!"

- A HL1 scientist on the receiving end of a crowbar hug. =)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Greetings to the free man.

Xen from Half-life 2.

Best answers
Pretty much everything Gman says. But especially the "Time Dr Freeman...is it really that time again?" speech. Coupled with what's happening in the game it sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Grrrrrrrrsssh"

- Zombie from HL1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Random HL1 response conversation:

Barney: "Hey, when this is all over i'll buy you a beer."
Kliener: "I don't think so."

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Opposing Force.

1 "Hey shephard, who needs a locksman eh?
2 "When this over, I'll buy you all a round of beer. Hell, I'll buy the whole damn bar!"
3 "This place makes bootcamp look like Disneyland."

Best answers
Counter-strike:
Storm the front!

Day of defeat:
Move Forword!

hl rally:
Vrooom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom