Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I worry about not having excessive comfort and war brewing up.

Let me live my ******* life, world.

Oh, and finding an animation job after I graduate, my family, and dying.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being lit on fire by an angry mob of clowns and pineapples.

No one ever said it had to be a rational worry.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The world WE live in really isn't that bad. We live in such "rich" and "fair" countries, in comparison to the poverty-stricken, in which every day is a struggle to make it to the next day of struggling and unhappiness =/ Frankly, lack of war and excessive comfort in and around our own countries has led to complacency, greed, selfishness and less community.
The locality within my wold that I live in is indeed fine, but that does not mean that world events do not affect me or my children's future. And while my country is free, it has its flaws. Ever since my daughter was born I have become more and more aware of not just political concerns, but all kinds of concerns. My daughters school monitors and polices her lunch box for "foods not approved as healthy". My school district wastes money like they need to burn it for fuel. Red dye in drinks does indeed negatively affect Maya's behavior. Are all of the innoculations that she is required to get both safe and healthy? Excessive deforestation in my area to build shopping centers is something I fear will leave my children with a less beautiful place than I had growing up. What of single parents and the behavioral effects on their children who interact and help socialize mine? What of the economy, and its inability to provide jobs to so many, yet I've luckily kept mine so far? They are different challenges, and I wouldn't put them on scale with "Will my child be mauled by a dingo/dictator/rape-squad/ethnic cleansing squad/stray bullets". But they are real concerns, and to ignore them is tantamount to child abuse. Nothing is perfect, but everything can be made better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a bit off topic, but what red dye? E-number? I went to a lecture on additives early on this semester, and honestly, I'm skeptical to claims that additives are all that bad after hearing about them from a man with expertise and experience. A lot of people think sugar makes their kids hyperactive, too, and I think it's silly to blame things when they aren't responsible. Not to say that your red dye isn't; I'm just curious which one causes this, so I can check it out, and if it's true, keep away from it. And on the topic of "food policing", honestly, that's not half bad.

At least they're not telling your child what to think. When I grew up, Norway was a less secular place, and I was forced to attend church, as well as say prayers and sing Christian songs in kindergarden and up to high school. I would say that's a far worse thing than being told you can't bring candy to school - there's some common sense to that, at least, and your child isn't being told what to think.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a bit off topic, but what red dye? E-number? I went to a lecture on additives early on this semester, and honestly, I'm skeptical to claims that additives are all that bad after hearing about them from a man with expertise and experience. A lot of people think sugar makes their kids hyperactive, too, and I think it's silly to blame things when they aren't responsible. Not to say that your red dye isn't; I'm just curious which one causes this, so I can check it out, and if it's true, keep away from it. And on the topic of "food policing", honestly, that's not half bad.

At least they're not telling your child what to think. When I grew up, Norway was a less secular place, and I was forced to attend church, as well as say prayers and sing Christian songs in kindergarden and up to high school. I would say that's a far worse thing than being told you can't bring candy to school - there's some common sense to that, at least, and your child isn't being told what to think.
Red 40, E129. Takes about 15 minutes after ingestion on average, but she will literally go bezerk. She has been fed snacks made of pure sugar and never freaked afterwards, but if it has Red 40 she will go off every time. Gatorade is the normal culprit. She's given a very small amount and allowed to run hogwild to burn it off. But its been observed by more people than just my wife and I.

I don't appreciate any infringement on freedom, and as I said earlier in another, it was fruit snacks that were denied. Its not like it was french fries wrapped in bacon peppered with MSG. They also have the gall to serve sugary snacks in the cafeterias. As far as teaching religion in the classrom, I agree, that is not acceptable. Government should not bring religion in to the class room, as I firmly believe that government only belongs between two people when there is a victim involved. Stay out of my parent child relationship, stay out of my bedroom, stay out of the abortion clinic, etc. These are things best dealt with by the individuals involved.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clearly her school is anti-gay, as they don't want her to be influenced by fruits!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is offtopic, but it's my topic and I'll do damn well as I please. 0.o

Avenger, can you go into a bit more detail about you being forced to pray and sing christian songs in kindergarten up to high school? I spent 5 minutes on google looking for more information, but didn't really find anything.

Did this happen in a public school? If so, does it happen in every public school?
What did they teach you about religion? Were you taught only about Lutheranism, did they teach you about other sects of Christianity and / or other religions?

Just any elaboration in general, I'm genuinely curious. I knew you guys had a state religion, but I didn't realize it was taught in school.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of my biggest worries is probably war. I don't like the idea that some idiot can become the head of our country and easily completely **** everything up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Sub:

There are very few private schools in Norway, so yes, it happened in public school. Mine certainly wasn't private. All of that is over now; they made laws which prohibited the explicit teachings of one religion in schools. It was only Lutheranism, and yes, I would imagine most places had the same thing going. My kindergarden wasn't particularly Christian, or in a particularly Christian area of Norway.

Primary school (when I attended) was mildly better as the laws were being passed at that point, but several teachers kept the practice of singing Christian songs before lunches. And at that time (there was reform since) we learned almost exclusively about Christianity (though not only Lutheranism, as there were history lessons leading up to why Norway was Christian). I think we learned extremely small details about Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam, but it was so brief by comparison that I didn't remember any of it by high school.

Presumably the highly Christian south of Norway still has similar things going on, but I wouldn't know - at least the curriculum and laws have been changed, so it isn't mandatory to be part of the singing or the church-going. In high school everyone has a mandatory religion class which go into more detail of at least two other major religions than Christianity, but that was after the reform.

sg2

Best answers
I'm worried of losing my passion for life

Best answers
My biggest worry is that 1.8 wont come out... and ill have to wait for it for an eternity. and when am i gonna get laid next...

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Right now?

National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil's exam for private pilots...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well the last biggest worry I could remember was when I've missed the bus and rushed to other station and had to wait there for 2-3 hours during winter, it was last year though I don't need to catch a bus now lulz. But I assure it's not the biggest worry, I just can't remember that one because I forget them very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom