You know what I miss? (LID POSTED HERE)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aww, Lid, I miss that cuddly grammar-nazi. :(

Best answers
I miss a lot of the old days, the early and intermediate days of my gaming.

Not that anyone cares, I'm going to go ahead and start typing away and reminiscence.

Now, online gaming. The only type gaming that blew my mind, having grown up with Street Fighter and Earthbound among a whole plethora of SNES games, offline gaming was getting boring, the concept of playing with other people was unreal and unnatural. It all started with Diablo 1, playing it online with Kama back when we were like, 9-11. Eventually, I watched his brother play a game called Starsiege: Tribes.

Now, if you've ever payed any attention to majority of my posts, you've probably already been blessed with the holy story of Tribes and it's glory. Jetpacks!? ONLINE!?! And the beautiful game element that is clans and camaraderie. We played Tribes religiously, we had school friends in our clan, we had a clan-match record of like 20-1-1. SergeEternal (Kama) and the Crimson Guards prevailed and were well known. Every day new trials and tribulations, it was probably the best time of my life thus far. Not having a care about anything in the world, playing Tribes 24/7.

Then our friend showed us Counter-Strike. Yadda yadda, mods. We played Vampire Slayer, TFC, and many other mods. One day however, I was on a site dedicated to listing mods in progress/beta releases. And I found it, no not ESF. DMZ.

I downloaded it with anticipation, this was our love for DBZ in it's prime. Back then our DBZ knowledge extended to the Cell Games, maybe before then. YTV played the Saiyan Saga to the Frieza Saga 5-6 times, before anything else was dubbed in english. Kama downloaded it, and I don't think we got much sleep those next couples days. DMZ was a sad excuse for a mod, literally just flying around slow-motion, charging up big beams that looked like penises, and shooting them into the ground to kill everyone in the map. I remember we found ESF in the same week, however it was Alpha and the models looked possessed and they were all funky renditions of piccolo.

During the evolution of both DMZ and ESF, we met a lot of different characters. We met a mapper named Mantis, we created a clan with the webmaster of Red-Saiyan. SPiN. Fans of Mr. Smo, AzN Dragon. I was more an active member of the ESF forums at the time (Although I was more of an observer, and not nearly as active as I have been this year), whereas Kama was breaking the thousands in posts on DMZ. I remember a lot of the older faces, and I was somewhat here when the ESF forums were in their prime, I took a great liking to seeing everyone's beginnings and progress as modellers and mappers.

I had planned and started putting action towards a mod that Kama and I had planned. Gundam Wing Desecration, we had our mapper and skinner, two brand new modellers. JennyKitty, and the pitiful yet high spirited GodGundam. And had been talking to a coder.

However, it lasted about a month, due to growing disinterest and interest in other things.

Throw in there a huge flurry of MMO's, starting from Ultima Online, to World of Warcraft.

I miss everything and I'd live through it all again without hesitation.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now what do I miss? A lot of the old forum moderators and users with their own mind set and not following some loser around like he is god when he is just another step on the ladder of losers! :cool:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maj had his old seat, but was busy as **** because he's ****ing smart and actually studies for his tests
Now that you mention it, I miss being able to legitimately use that as an excuse.

...three arts electives ftl :S

I largely approve of Magus' retelling of things past, except that I don't think it quite captured the essence of the really old days, when ad-hoc rules were completely applicable because we didn't need to worry about people hugging the edge of appropriateness for the sake of doing just that. That being said, a changing user-base called for a changing approach to discipline. However, I think that the two-month downtime has reset things to an interesting state where there is an atmosphere that is slightly more reminiscent of this community as of about 3 or 4 years ago.

...not to mention that Lid appears to be back.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol skimming through all these threads about zeonix returning just cracks me up. This Zeonix guy must have no life, sits in his parents basement and beats off all day. He is trying his hardest to get back into a DBZ mod forum its the only thing I could think of. No life zeonix loser go do something else cause ESF forums is not for you!

Now what do I miss? A lot of the old forum moderators and users with their own mind set and not following some loser around like he is god when he is just another step on the ladder of losers! :cool:
You're assuming we're posting this because Zeonix told us to. We couldn't possibly be posting this because Zeonix was witchhunted and banned for an artificial reason. That would be preposterous.

But hey, it's cool to break rules and flame people who aren't here to defend themselves, right?

Best answers
You're assuming we're posting this because Zeonix told us to. We couldn't possibly be posting this because Zeonix was witchhunted and banned for an artificial reason. That would be preposterous.

But hey, it's cool to break rules and flame people who aren't here to defend themselves, right?
OH.. yea i totally agree with you. Thats how it works around here it seems. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I miss a lot of things. I miss Lid. I miss actually liking this community.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** guys, I'm getting all nostalgic here.
We had some good times on these forums, kinda sad to see that's gone though.

Oh well..
Nice to see some of the old faces again.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zomg, Lid actually posted?!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea was fun to see him back here again. Even if it was for a few hours only.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
lol skimming through all these threads about zeonix returning just cracks me up. This Zeonix guy must have no life, sits in his parents basement and beats off all day. He is trying his hardest to get back into a DBZ mod forum its the only thing I could think of. No life zeonix loser go do something else cause ESF forums is not for you!

I certainly don't miss the scuffling that's going on a few posts above (and back) in this thread.

Yes, people are allowed to miss someone who was banned. At the same time, there can be people who are not sorry to see someone go. If either stance bugs anyone, then that's really just too bad. Get over yourselves and move on.

If I see one more post involving the unnecessary provocation of someone else based on the above issue (read: any provocation whatsoever), then the poster will have blown the thread for everyone else. If the poster who breaks this mandate is one of the people who was propagating this unnecessary exchange of gibes, then he will have the added bonus of taking a sabbatical to visit the other banned members of the community.

No more nonsense. If you have your qualms with someone else in this community, that's fine. Don't screw things up for the other members by carrying out tight-fisted tantrums here.

End of story.
That's uh, provocation Phobius, and...you provoked me into giving you a warning. Don't respond to this thread when you get mad, please pm me or start a thread in the mod forum as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom