Yet another transformation suggestion

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Heey again!

I read some suggestions in this forum and there were alot of suggestions about 3D effect while transforming and a lot of eye candy, and I got the impression that we will see that in 1.3.
I was wondering while there be any knockback effects when transforming?? like goku becomes SS3 and a low powerlevel enemy is standing next to him will make the enemy fly away very hard and get pushed in the walls and the ground will shake, and if there is an enemy with almost the same amount of powerlevel he will just get pushed back a little.

[video=youtube;H49vn-xLSrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49vn-xLSrE[/video]

Like that :) Its low quality I know but it is the closest I can come up with!

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That would screw it up,because if there are 10 players or more in tha server if everyone would use transformation the stage would never stop to shake :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeh thats true:) good point, But what I meant is that only people close to it will feel the effects so not the whole map off course:)

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You know maps will not be as huge as a country!but yet many players will be at servers and so therefore this will be annoying :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ah well its just a suggestion that will add some cool factor in it:) you know people can power up right now and make the same kind of explosion in there body that will let other players get pushed back aswell, why not just implent that in transformations aswell:S?? if they can do it now the whole time no one would get annoyed by someone transforming and pushing you back.
In the open beta you can hold power up and while holding it press block and it will create such a force field

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know that we will be able to make our own transformations using the XML tool, right ? :) (that's how it was called, right?)

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
In general,its cool suggetsion 8) but it has some problems.Btw Painkiller why your verification was unsuccessfull?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In general,its cool suggetsion 8) but it has some problems.Btw Painkiller why your verification was unsuccessfull?
I don't have half-life, lol.
Also, leave the good suggestion. It was worthless. As I said...
You know that we will be able to make our own transformations using the XML tool, right ? (that's how it was called, right?)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The major issue with the push-back is that it could be exploited heavily. In ECX, you could "protect" dragonballs or annoy the heck out of people by transforming mid-fight. Imagine having your enemy transforming, knocking you back into a wall, where his buddy lands a well placed beam. Admittedly, it would take a little co-ordination but I could see it being exploited.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeh great point!
so what if knockback only work when the player that is transforming is way stronger than the enemy standing next to it?
and if the enemy is the same level he wont be knocked back at all? that would make PL actually make a lot more change to things, since in esf a character with 1 million power level can still kick someones ass that has a power level of 500 million.
and anyways you can already make a force aura around you while powering up and you can use it every 10 seconds that one would be exploited way more !

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
are u serious?500 milion? he must be playing for ages ;) most powerlevel ive saw in esf wasnt more that 20k

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think he means 20m PL, I've once went over 25m lol (no ECX, Buu.)

Too abusive I think, but I remember seeing video with transformations with Trapt song, it included knockback if you want to know, but I don't know it they're gonna keep it in the game after all.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No I meant 500 million... cause it was just a metaphore.. its not really 500 million powerlevel just wanted to show the difference and stuff..
but nobody answers on my suggestion:(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No I meant 500 million... cause it was just a metaphore.. its not really 500 million powerlevel just wanted to show the difference and stuff..
but nobody answers on my suggestion:(
Yea thats because ESF is about skill, rather than what character you have.

You can have all the PL in the world, but you wont win if you cant hit. ESF is an areal combat simulation with the main goal of outmaneuvering your opponent to get the hit in rather than a fighter.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

You can have all the PL in the world, but you wont win if you cant hit. ESF is an areal combat simulation with the main goal of outmaneuvering your opponent to get the hit in rather than a fighter.
Aerial combat simulation? Didn't know you guys are making a jet fighter type of game ..... that kinda made me lol

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You can outmaneuver on the ground too you know. -_-

Ah well, but even if skill is a requirement, there has gotta be some difference between the powerlevels otherwise there would be no reason to have powerlevel in the first place. A person playing for half hour in a server should be able to take more hits and deal more damage then a person who has just joined. Basically it should be somewhat easier for him even if the person who joined is slightly more skilled then him.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can outmaneuver on the ground too you know. -_-

Ah well, but even if skill is a requirement, there has gotta be some difference between the powerlevels otherwise there would be no reason to have powerlevel in the first place. A person playing for half hour in a server should be able to take more hits and deal more damage then a person who has just joined. Basically it should be somewhat easier for him even if the person who joined is slightly more skilled then him.
Thats exactly how ESF works. The higher PL deals more damage and takes less damage. But if you cant hit your target you dont do any damage at all.

PL also affects beam strength and their struggle potential.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats exactly how ESF works. The higher PL deals more damage and takes less damage. But if you cant hit your target you dont do any damage at all.

PL also affects beam strength and their struggle potential.
Yup, i know. Its just that usually the person joining isn't a complete newbie and is an above average player, especially the further we get from the release date. So after a few months or so, actually hitting you opponent will take less of a precedence over the damage done due to difference in powerlevel.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well out flying your opponent and getting the hit in is where the skill factors in ESF. Thats why i say its an areal combat simulation. Because its all about outperforming your opponent rather than a bash feast that are fighter games.

An untransformed Krillin can kill a SSJ Goku in 1.2.3

Krillin will take a long time to do it as hes doing little damage and his speed is lower. But he can do it. If you want a DBZ refference to it watch Trunks VS Perfect Cell.

Cell states that while Trunks is stronger, it means nothing if he cant land a hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom