yet another naruto babe,

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
this is the same characer that zeldalink is modelling,

before anyone accuses me of stealing his idea, I drew the concept he is using. in a manner of speaking its the other way around. (just have to twist the defnition of stealing to "letting him use it") =P.

im taking somewhat of a different approach with the model, whereas he is going for a typical ingame polycount of around 2500 (for most current engines anyways) IM trying to keep mine down under 1000.

why? I have no freaking idea but its working for me so far.

here is an older shot of the model, taken a few days ago. MOST of the model is still the same. I think all ive done with that mesh since then is move a few verts around on the back.

its deformability wont be that great, i can tell. but what i like about 3dsmax is the ability to add edges and the like without altering the skinmap. i plan to add a small row just under the knees and elbows to aid deformation. but that comes later.

ive UVmapped her too, and blocked out the details, and for the most part she maintains her shape very well.

heres a shot of that,

(probabaly a huge image, its hard for me to tell as i kinda have my desktop resolution set higher than most poeple)

**edit nvm photobucket resized it

im working on the head as we speak, but its a pain in the ass as its been so long since ive done this. makes it even more annoying that i have roughly 230 polys left for the face+hair combined. Im gonna have to be careful

heres a shot of that too, please note its still VERY WIP
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/Nuttzeh/nuttzyloveshead.jpg

Best answers
It looks good Nuttzy, very smecksy. Just don't define the neck and triceps too much. Otherwise you get one of them "I'm gonna beat you up punk - mailvoice", kinda chicks.
If you need someone to texture it, i'd like to give it a go.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent nuttzy, looks very clean!
skintone would need a bit more red imo but yeah.
btw Sadner, women' neck muscles are actually seen more often than mens..
and the tricep isnt really defined.

Best answers
ShadyD said:
Excellent nuttzy, looks very clean!
skintone would need a bit more red imo but yeah.
btw Sadner, women' neck muscles are actually seen more often than mens..
and the tricep isnt really defined.
That single stripe below the tricep makes a lot of difference. And even if the neckmuscles are seen with woman more often. the thick black line gives it so much definition. that's why cellshading = ghey

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
nothing is defined YET, and its not even cel-shading =P
nuttzy said:
blocked out the details,
=O

that was just to make sure the uvmap worked

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys like to tare people apart...-_- shame on you!
Oh and just for the record, Cell-Shading > All! Hahaha -_-"

Nuttzy that looks really awesome =] and the boobs are exactly in the right size!
One thing though, I think she's missing the girly touch lol, I mean her arms look too muscly atm.
heres a drawover of what I mean:

Other then thats it's just pure secks man! =]

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well the big shoulders are due to the wonky stylized proportions I was aiming for,

and partly due to the extremely low polycount. i wasnt able to really round them out as much as i wouldve hoped.

but that should work itself out when it is skinned and posed.

Best answers
Perfect!! She's hot!!O_O Can't w8 to see her finished.:shocked:

*omg* *omg*

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
for lack of better wording, im ****ing pissed off.

im 58 polys over my budget, and i dont see any area where i could cut that many out without negatively impacting the model a great deal

not to mention i still need about 30-40 to add in the rows for her deformability.

I still havent even made the little hair poof on the front of her head =\

im still working on the ponytails btw, on the placement, and scaling and stuff.

and I noticed something awesome as well, when im done with this ***** I can easily make here into an Ino =P. and i know just the concept im going to use.

Best answers
Well, you could always just use one plane for the ear, then alpha map it, you could remove the mouth as well. That would get you at least.. 26 polygons, which means you need to remove another 32 to get to your budget.. you could then also cut some off the pony tail, instead of having it as a hexagon, you could weld some verts and make it into a diamond shape or something (basiclly a square), or a <=> shape.

It looks good never the less for how many polygons you are using, I'm sure you'll figure out how to cut more polygons! Keep it up!

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
alphamaping the ears actually was my initial plan,

but i was worried about how the ear would blend into the face if i used a single plane, so i chopped it up a bit.

the hair actually i like how it is, though i may collapse the inner verts on the inside of the pony tail, providing it doesnt murder the shape too much. it would save me roughly 12 polys. That comes after getting it into the right position/size though.

i can also collapse a row of edges on the shoes as well, though it would be a noticeable detraction from the model, not many people sit and stare at the feet all day. this would save me another 16-20.

if i finish this in time, before the contest is over im gonna edit her into an Ino and enter the contest with that. (just look at the side profile with the pony tail there, its just screams Ino)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
adult big tittied ino.. interesting =/
you might be able to cut 1 row of the thigh..sacrifices have to be made =(

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Im seriously considering just leaving her at 1068, its still a low polycount and all.

and I cant really see any areas that i can cut from without causing more damage than i want to.

ill give it some thought though, but for the most part the model is finished.

i made a fancy new quicktime spin-around thing of the model but I cant find a place to host the damned thing without worrying about having it resized >_<

edit* got it
http://rapidshare.de/files/18863661/spinaround.mov.html

btw im currently looking for a skinner, (this also entails SOME uvmapping),

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do hate to be so direct, but I havent really seen anything from you recently to know how good/bad you are to determine if you are up for the job

i want to make sure she gets a proper skin is all,

if you want to show me some stuff to prove yourself just post it in here. Ill make sure the other mods dont get on to you for posting your work in my thread.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nuttzy, your fired...

as for the model, it looks pretty good man. but i cant get the video, rapidshare just refuses to let me download it, so ill wait for some other screens =]

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Man thats is an awesome model you've got there! It's perfect for the amazingly low polycount too! =D

I...would like to skin it >_O but I do have to finish up my trunks plus I have english finals soon so thats kind of shutting me down =[

It's an awesome piece of work non the less =D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yo I'll skin it, I'm home all day and not moving, killer hang over, plus my bro took the PS2 so I cant play KH2, haha. So yeah, PM me or something I'll skin that bad ***** :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom