yet agian -_-

Best answers
ok as im sure most of you noticed ive been M.I.A for a little while, but thats because my computer crashed about a month or so ago, long story short, i lost max and all of my models, and had no back up =p, so any ways, i got max back like last week and heres my first model since then,

poly count includes sword and sheeth, and theres a lotta double sided things on it, its like 12 seperate models

Best answers
Dude, no way on earth that's 4065 polygons.
Sorry to say, but that looks like it could be a 1000 polygons. Cut those invisible polies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look closely it says: 4065 TRIS
meaning its about 2000 polys
wich still seems high but like he said, he has some double sided polys so, nice job TRSS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I don't know how you could posibly get that polycount when there's that much detail in the mesh. Make sure you don't have any hidden parts of the model lingering in the scene.
EDIT: @ShadyD; Most people use the word "poly's" but are really talking about tri's. Tri's are the count that matters because 1 of them is one facet that's making up the shape of the model, whereas a poly could have six sides and still be counted as "1", giving you false information on the detail of a model.

It looks pretty good, much better than your last model, just watch your edge loops. It doesn't look like the knees, or arms would bend properly; the hips also have way too few polies to allow for proper deformation.

Best answers
just to give you an idea:

hair - 477 tris
cape- 272 tris
body 1546 tris
6 belts- 1162 tris
sword + Sheeth - 286 tris
head- 322 tris

(like half the poly count comes from extras =p)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you got way too many spent on those belts,

cosidering how you didnt really model in anything but the basic shape (no details) it seems weird that you would model the belt buckles.

its inconsistent with the rest of the mesh.

Best answers
the belts are about 204 a piece, and i had to make the buckles =( it just didnt look right without em

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All that extra detail is where the texture would pick up the slack however.
Since you modelled in all that extra detail you should have gave the body a similar amount of detail and smoothness, which is doesn't have now >_>;

Just something to keep in mind for your next model: Don't have one super high detail area and leave everything else with a thousand polies. And vice versa.
And don't have many medium detail things that add unnecessarily to the overall polycount either (especially since said detail wouldn't be noticed by anything except detailed inspecition). ^^;;

Best answers
here's an example I made, a belt each has 92 tris, since I used more polies on the torso that should be even less for you and you should be able to atleast save 700 polies on the belts alone :X

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your desperate for the belt buckles, then just model the buckles, and skin the belt onto the torso mesh >_>

Best answers
welll instead of taking detail out of the belt, i think ill be lazy and add detail to the body =), (does that count as being lazy >_>)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
welll instead of taking detail out of the belt, i think ill be lazy and add detail to the body =), (does that count as being lazy >_>)
Which requires more work? <_<

Looks good. Don't know much about modeling, but looks good :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
._. trss... that ammount of polys makes me look upon this model more clearly... and i dont get why you´ve spend such ammount of polys (almost wasted polys) on lil extras and on the main things like defomation polys you havnt....

meshwise it doesnt look bad, but the usement of the polys is someway o_O overused. though i dont like the feet, looks like a big car drove over his feet.

Best answers
Tryforce said:
looks like a big car drove over his feet.
but thats how his shoes are ;_;, any ways i added joints and am going to redo the arms and add some detail to the body

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
but thats how his shoes are ;_;
Well, if you put on small shoes, you might notice that the size of your feet don't shrink =P
Just scale up the shoes some, that'll fix it.

Best answers
ok i did a lotta fixin up of flow and what not, but i added a little more detail to the back and arms so the polycount is about the same, also i remade the sword (wich hasnt been seen any way, and that weighs more than the last previous one too, any way i decided to stop being lazy and try my hand at skinning so this is my first skin, wutcha think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the skin, but i feel its a bit too bright and sorta washed out a bit.. why not make the colors more bold and more contrasting like how that kakashi was painted in your sig? i think it would fit a lot better ^^

Best answers
any way i slapped on a quick rig so i guess that means im done with this one, sorry imkongkong, i didnt edit the skin, but ill think about that on my next one

Best answers
Extreme fighting pose plox! Seriously, that aint much of a pose =p, get him doing some uber cool poses! Maybe a uber kick or something UBER! Make him slash the sword, ANYTHING! Just SOMETHING that is more interesting then "the look" =p.

Anyhow, on a model/texture note, I quite like it. The texture is lacking, but as time brings age, and age brings more skill, I'm sure you'll realise with your next few texture's that you can do much better =p. It is good never the less!

Good Jawb =P

Best answers
aw come on man "the look" is a classic, but i suppose ill give you some kinda slashing action if you rly want it, just be patient ~_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom