Yay for people clicking MSN virus links

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK guys here is a little heads up ^^

Seems like a couple of people that were once in this comunity (and just happen to be on my MSN list) got a bad case of a work using MSN links XD

Basically watch out for anyone that spams you with links to pictures on a site that is kinda similar to photobucket only thisone has buckets ^^

Ofcourse after you click the link you allso have to be stupid enough to log in with your MSN account and password but still. Quite a lot of people seem to be doing that anyhow >.<

So watch out for those links ^^

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is why i am not on messinger xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well id atleast think people were smart enough not to log into weird sites using their WL accounts. But i was wrong :s

And there goes number 4 ^^

about 300 left on my list so im keeping count XD

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Getting people randomly messaging me on MSN sharing links. I usually ignore this right away unless its from a person I know, and of course if the link is not strange enough.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The link is allmost identical to a photobucket image ^^

IF you dont notice the S in the name youd think its photobucket ^^

In any case number 5 just lit up XD

I dont really know if its funny to see those things or sad to see so many people fall for it :s

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate MSN. I get constantly messaged by bots on that **** whenever I sign on.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I hate MSN. I get constantly messaged by bots on that **** whenever I sign on.
I believe you have the option to ignore messages unless the person is in your contact list.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That you do sky that you do ^^

And its on by default ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Pidgin. As far as I know, there's no way to do that without also disabling it for AIM which I don't want to do. =/

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's weird though. One night my mother received one of those spam messages from my account. I've never clicked a link from one of those. I've never entered my email and password on third party pages. I've never downloaded jack from those people.

Hell, I regularly scan with Avira and hijack this.

I have no clue how that message came from my account.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's weird though. One night my mother received one of those spam messages from my account. I've never clicked a link from one of those. I've never entered my email and password on third party pages. I've never downloaded jack from those people.

Hell, I regularly scan with Avira and hijack this.

I have no clue how that message came from my account.
One day when I logged onto msn it told me that someone has logged on it from another location. But I am the only one that knows the password, so the way I see it is that they have a way to allow bots to get into your accounts.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Password guessing?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you have a program thats persistent enough it can get into your password no mater what it is ^^

It doesnt really need words. Letters are enough. Especially since WL accounts arnt case sensetive ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I do notice that as of lately, MSN is not that secure anymore. Bots came from all kinds of places, and I don't see microsoft doing much about it rather than upgrading their software with new fancy feature that tons of people don't understand.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Until now there was only one time that I got a doubt about a link. Once I received this link from [email protected] , above the link it said that I had to change my password to continue using messenger, I really thought it was from microsof...i mean cmon..."[email protected]" and the link was microsoft also, but anyways I didnt change my password and I still use it like allways.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Until now there was only one time that I got a doubt about a link. Once I received this link from [email protected] , above the link it said that I had to change my password to continue using messenger, I really thought it was from microsof...i mean cmon..."[email protected]" and the link was microsoft also, but anyways I didnt change my password and I still use it like allways.
Did the email had "This email is not verified"?

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did the email had "This email is not verified"?
It wasnt an email, it was an instant message that came from msn it self. That message had the link... I still think today that I could've entered on it with no problems...but I never trust freeware to much.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you have a program thats persistent enough it can get into your password no mater what it is ^^

It doesnt really need words. Letters are enough. Especially since WL accounts arnt case sensetive ^^
Maybe, but I doubt it. My password is in no dictionary and contains numbers as well. And no it's not in leet :p Ah well. I'm gonna change my password and see what happens anyway.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It wasnt an email, it was an instant message that came from msn it self. That message had the link... I still think today that I could've entered on it with no problems...but I never trust freeware to much.
It was an instant message, yes.. Every MSN instant message comes from an email, right? You saw "[email protected]",

Was it saying:
"[email protected] "This email is not verified" in the message box when you talked to him.

Users who are viewing this thread