Yay Electric Guitar?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm, anyone want me to recommend a good eletric guitar for beginners? Price range probably $100-150, and a good cheap AMP too would be nice. Tabs would be cool I guess, but I wouldn't need them yet if I don't have a guitar. :rolleyes:

I asked here because, after looking at the "Post your Guitar here" thread, I see most of you guys are guitar players and you probably know which brands are teh pwnage and ones that are teh suck.

Edit: You have no clue how much Guitar Center offered me for a *** ass guitar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For $100, you'll be playing teh suck no matter which brand you choose. Although I'm sure some brands are better than others, I'll be damned if I know which.

As for tabs: Ultimate-Guitar.

Best answers
People always gave me the advice to start of with a cheapo acoustic to learn the basics of playing a guitar, to see if I like playing guitar and to get the hang of it.. If you do this, and you find out that you like it, you can go and buy yourself a decent electric guitar for a -decent- amount of money, because quite frankly, you won't get a good guitar for $100-150.. It would be stupid to spend all this money on a guitar and then realise you don't really like to play one or just fail at it (small chances, since everyone can play a guitar)..

I began with a cheap classic Spanish guitar (about $70) and played that for about a year and a few months.. Then I went to buy a Jackson electric for $450-ish (still quite "cheap") and a basic AMP..

Now, about the brands, it's all part of personal flavour.. I for one like how Fender guitars play, but Lee (Axman) says that "Fender can suck his ****".. Also, it depends on the kind of music you want to play.. If you want to play pure raw metal, you shouldn't get a Gibson, but grab a Jackson or Washburn instead..
The best advice I can give any beggining guitar player (listen to me, I seem to be acting like a pro here -_-), is to go down to the shop, tell the people there what kind of music you want to play and what your budget is, they'll throw some guitars at you within that price and class range, and you just have to test them out (I think every guitar shop allows you to test guitars/amps/effects/..).. Then figure out what feels and plays the best for you.. Buying a guitar is like marrying a woman, you have to test it out before you say "yes"..

Anyway, start off playing with an acoustic first, it'll help!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, definitely a squier.

I think the squier was almost everyone's first guitar. <.<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'll be getting that one, I guess if no one objects to that. Now i'm looking for a nice amp. ;-;

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get a guitar package. They're cheap, and they come with everything a beginner needs. A guitar, an amp, a bag to hold the guitar, some picks, strings, etc. And with Guitar Center having a huge blowout sale right now, things are cheap.

Best answers
Lith said:
Yeah I'll be getting that one, I guess if no one objects to that. Now i'm looking for a nice amp. ;-;
Get a "Roland (? not sure) Cube-30" or "Line-6 Spider 2".. Cheapest "quality" amps out there.. (I'm using a Spider 2)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll throw another vote in for the Line 6 Spider II amps. The 30 watt combo isn't very expensive, but it's got a good wide range of tones thanks to the multiple channels, plus some decent built in effects and plenty of power for practicing/jamming with buddys.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
posted by Chris:
Get a guitar package. They're cheap, and they come with everything a beginner needs. A guitar, an amp, a bag to hold the guitar, some picks, strings, etc. And with Guitar Center having a huge blowout sale right now, things are cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom