Yay! ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamefaqs.com posted my top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses Ever list! Go check it out! Its a good read. However, it'll only be around for today though :(

Man...I made that back in mid-december. Sure took a long time to get posted o.o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
got a direct link? i cant find it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not such a good list. it doesnt include either of the "weapons" from FFVII, which have been mentioned on EVERY top 10 list since their introduction to the game.

and as for why everyone likes sephiroth so much, its not the fact that he was particularly hard/easy in the game. its the fact that through the whole game your fighting his mind, and not his entire form. he messes with everyone and everything on the planet, just using his willpower.

now THAT is cool :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with some of them. When I heard 'hardest bosses,' I immediately thought of Iselia Queen and Limiter-Off Indalecio. However.. I don't think Kefka, Atma Weapon or Psycho Mantis were hard at all.

Sephiroth in KH2 was difficult until you figured out the trick.. but that's about it.

Best answers
Damn, you needed some of the bosses from Ninja Gaiden on there. And yeah, Psycho Mantis was a pushover :p

Bolteh2

B
You know.. there are other games than the usual japanese "see one, see em all" games.. Go expand your horizon, because japan doesn't equal every frigging game out there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sin Harvest isn't a one hit kill, it takes you down to 1HP and he follows it up by a slash which kills you, however you can use an elixir from across the map to negate it's effects - which I believe is how you beat him. That was a tricky battle though, I think that was a good call.

Regarding FFX: The Dark Aeon's were harder than anything Braska could throw, particularly Dark Bahamut and Dark Magus Sisters, not to mention Penance himself (I actually found Penance easier than the two afforementioned but he was still tough as hell). I didn't think Braska's Final Aeon was too hard (the overdrive doesn't give you any trouble if you have Tidus talk to it, and you can always destroy the Pagoda's), especially after Penance, heck most of the stuff in the Calm Lands battle arena was harder than BFA. Final Fantasy games have a history of including much harder sub-bosses than final bosses. Remember, once you've got a decent spheregrid and an unlocked ultimate weapon (I like Wakka's blitzball personally) you can kill him in a minimum of three basic attacks. I have never met a FF boss I couldn't beat (unless it would scripted so you couldn't win i.e Beatrix in FFIX) however these, along with Emerald and Ruby Weapons from FFVIII were the most challenging I thought. Omega Weapon (FFVIII) and Ozma (FFIX) weren't too hard. I didn't think Atma and Kefka were too bad as long as you'd done a butt-load of extra work on your party before-hand - which is down to the player.

I also feel DMD Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 was robbed of a mention. For an action-adventure game, this battle took me 48 minutes to complete. He was a ***** on Normal, on DMD it took me several hours, vital stars and retry's to defeat him. It's not like you can learn his attack patterns on a lower difficulty to practice on as he changes tactics and attacks with each difficulty setting. None of this 'Special Edition' nonsense with insta-respawn Gold Orbs neither. Grow some testicles and play the regular version, if you die when he's at 2% hp, you restart.

The rest I havent played (although I dont think i'll be playing 'Star Ocean' any time soon thanks to #1 and #2. Still, congratulations on getting published.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice list, but.. too many damn RPGs, man! Seriously!

Try playing Ikaruga, and you'll see what I mean. Or Super R-Type 3. That'll get you wanting to break yer controller. ;p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
not such a good list. it doesnt include either of the "weapons" from FFVII, which have been mentioned on EVERY top 10 list since their introduction to the game.

and as for why everyone likes sephiroth so much, its not the fact that he was particularly hard/easy in the game. its the fact that through the whole game your fighting his mind, and not his entire form. he messes with everyone and everything on the planet, just using his willpower.

now THAT is cool :p
Well I didn't include them because I didn't find them hard. End of story.

As for Sephy, I still dont like him. Sorry.

SailorAlea said:
I agree with some of them. When I heard 'hardest bosses,' I immediately thought of Iselia Queen and Limiter-Off Indalecio. However.. I don't think Kefka, Atma Weapon or Psycho Mantis were hard at all.

Sephiroth in KH2 was difficult until you figured out the trick.. but that's about it.
Well sorry that I'm not of the incredibly smart people who knew IMMEDIATELY that you're supposed to change your controller port in order to make psycho mantis vulnerable. I mean really...who in their right mind actually looked at the TV screen and said "you know what? I think I'll put my controller into another port! That'll help me beat him!" Besides, I said he was easy after you figureout the trick. However, he's hard when you do NOT know the trick.

As for Kefka, he's only hard if you dont evenly level everyone in your entire roster to high enough levels, or powerlevel a few people to incredibly high levels.

And Atma weapon is hard because, stat-wise, he's leagues above the other bosses faced up to that point. It caught me off guard and I had to use the Invisibility-Doom trick in order to kill him.

-JLN- said:
Damn, you needed some of the bosses from Ninja Gaiden on there. And yeah, Psycho Mantis was a pushover :p
Never played Ninja Gaiden. And I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you also knew right off the bat the trick to killing psycho mantis.

Face it guys....unless you looked at a guide, you didn't know the secret. At all. No one in their right mind would think of changing controller ports. No. Don't say you knew thats what you needed to do without looking at a guide or being told. You'll be lying.

Bolteh said:
You know.. there are other games than the usual japanese "see one, see em all" games.. Go expand your horizon, because japan doesn't equal every frigging game out there.
Don't criticise my taste in games please.

Ravendust said:
Sin Harvest isn't a one hit kill, it takes you down to 1HP and he follows it up by a slash which kills you, however you can use an elixir from across the map to negate it's effects - which I believe is how you beat him. That was a tricky battle though, I think that was a good call.

Regarding FFX: The Dark Aeon's were harder than anything Braska could throw, particularly Dark Bahamut and Dark Magus Sisters, not to mention Penance himself (I actually found Penance easier than the two afforementioned but he was still tough as hell). I didn't think Braska's Final Aeon was too hard (the overdrive doesn't give you any trouble if you have Tidus talk to it, and you can always destroy the Pagoda's), especially after Penance, heck most of the stuff in the Calm Lands battle arena was harder than BFA. Final Fantasy games have a history of including much harder sub-bosses than final bosses. Remember, once you've got a decent spheregrid and an unlocked ultimate weapon (I like Wakka's blitzball personally) you can kill him in a minimum of three basic attacks. I have never met a FF boss I couldn't beat (unless it would scripted so you couldn't win i.e Beatrix in FFIX) however these, along with Emerald and Ruby Weapons from FFVIII were the most challenging I thought. Omega Weapon (FFVIII) and Ozma (FFIX) weren't too hard. I didn't think Atma and Kefka were too bad as long as you'd done a butt-load of extra work on your party before-hand - which is down to the player.

I also feel DMD Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 was robbed of a mention. For an action-adventure game, this battle took me 48 minutes to complete. He was a ***** on Normal, on DMD it took me several hours, vital stars and retry's to defeat him. It's not like you can learn his attack patterns on a lower difficulty to practice on as he changes tactics and attacks with each difficulty setting. None of this 'Special Edition' nonsense with insta-respawn Gold Orbs neither. Grow some testicles and play the regular version, if you die when he's at 2% hp, you restart.

The rest I havent played (although I dont think i'll be playing 'Star Ocean' any time soon thanks to #1 and #2. Still, congratulations on getting published.
This is taken from the Sephiroth FAQ on Gamefaqs.com/

Sin Harvest
Sephiroth teleports into a corner and summons some nasty voodoo against you.
This move will hurt! Do not let it hit you! It will reduce your HPs to 1 (if you
have Second Chance equipped), and your MPs to 0. It will kill you outright if you
don't have Second Chance
. After he does this, he will normally do a Teleport Sword
Slash and try and kill you. If you interrupt this move (by hitting him), he'll
immediately go into a Flame Pillar.

As for FFX, I'm talking about storyline bosses. Not an arena battle.

And I haven't played any DMC games so I dont care if you think they should have been on the list. this is MY list, not the world's list.

Bolteh2

B
If you're going to make a "omg wtf pwn boss list of game history" you better start playing all kinds of games.. You picked the wrong title for your list, should've been "hardest bosses in japanese game history" or "my list of hardest bosses I've encounter".. Not my fault that you're obviously clueless when picking titles, because the title of that list indicates all games, not just the games you play..

Looking at all your replies, you're one selfish mofo that can't handle criticism for this amasing piece of work you pulled out here :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
If you're going to make a "omg wtf pwn boss list of game history" you better start playing all kinds of games.. You picked the wrong title for your list, should've been "hardest bosses in japanese game history" or "my list of hardest bosses I've encounter".. Not my fault that you're obviously clueless when picking titles, because the title of that list indicates all games, not just the games you play..

Looking at all your replies, you're one selfish mofo that can't handle criticism for this amasing piece of work you pulled out here :yes:
So in other words...since its not to your standards, its wrong.

*rolls eyes*

My list made my way. Got a problem, guess what?

I DONT CARE!!!

P.S. - you must not go to Gamefaqs because every top 10 lists posted are made with opinion in mind. Everyone makes titles the same way. There hasn't been a single "IMO" in any list name. Opinions are implied. So again, my list made my way, so mind your own business.

kthxbye.

Bolteh2

B
Congratulations with your list of personal hard bosses that you wrongfuly called "THE list of hardest bosses in video game history", guess what?

NOBODY CARES !

What the hell is the use of this thread anyway? "Look at me, I made a list and got it posted on some half arsed gamesite and I'm now bragging about on a forum, but don't bother to reply because I don't care!"?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
Congratulations with your list of personal hard bosses that you wrongfuly called "THE list of hardest bosses in video game history", guess what?

NOBODY CARES !
Read what I posted. Top 10 lists are made with opinions implied. Everyone's top 10 lists sound the same.

"Top 10 best games"
"Top 10 weirdest weapons."
"Top 10 best heroes"
"Top 10 best villains."

They're all the same, so stop acting like my list was made in order to indicate that it's a worldly fact.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:

NOBODY CARES !
Bolteh, I think you've already established the idea that his list is a subjective one, as it would be if you, me, or anyone else created a similar list. The thread does not require that you agree with his list, but there is no sense in repeating your opinion ad nauseam. If you do not agree with his list, that's fine; post your opinion, and leave it at that; you are not required to defend your opinion, nor are you welcome to do so in the manner you are choosing to.

Keep it civil, or don't post.

EDIT - Logan, there is no need for you to substantiate your list, either. If people do not agree, you will need to accept that. There is no sense in continuing a disagreement based solely on opinion.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Logan Bolteh drop this right now were not getting anywhere. Logan you should be more polite you've been abit stuck up in this thread and Bolteh you needa chill out. Back on topic talk about his list not the name of the list.

Best answers
Logan said:
Never played Ninja Gaiden. And I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you also knew right off the bat the trick to killing psycho mantis.
I didn't know how to beat him first off. But judging by the damage he was giving, he didn't know how to beat me either :p

If you're into tough bosses, or tough games in general, you should give Ninja Gaiden a try at some point. If you get a chance that is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
logan, you dissapoint me. being overly aggressive for no reason, and especially your close minded attitude toward peoples criticisms.

firstly, the change port trick with psycho mantis is obvious if you dont skip the cutscenes and codec transmissions before the fight, as everything mantis does to display his power, revolves around one of your two controllers. he also says "i will know if your using autofire". theres a hint that its to do with the controller right there.

if you wait about 30 seconds into the fight, then call the colonel, or the russian woman (dont remember her name). they suggest that mantis is reading your movements.

its fairly easy to work out.

as for you finding emerald and ruby weapon too easy? dude, both of them are capable of killing all 3 party members at lvl99. both battles take around 30 minutes if you have a perfect match against them with no slipups.

they are NOT, easy.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Well sorry that I'm not of the incredibly smart people who knew IMMEDIATELY that you're supposed to change your controller port in order to make psycho mantis vulnerable. I mean really...who in their right mind actually looked at the TV screen and said "you know what? I think I'll put my controller into another port! That'll help me beat him!"

As for Kefka, he's only hard if you dont evenly level everyone in your entire roster to high enough levels, or powerlevel a few people to incredibly high levels.

And Atma weapon is hard because, stat-wise, he's leagues above the other bosses faced up to that point. It caught me off guard and I had to use the Invisibility-Doom trick in order to kill him.
First of all--please drop the attitude. I wasn't criticizing you, I was commenting on your choice of bosses.

The first time I killed Mantis, I didn't even bother to switch controllers (Why am I using a 'spoiler tag'? This game is like 10 years old.)--only through later plays through the game did I bother. You didn't have to. I didn't find it even remotely challenging. That's all.

As for Atma and Kefka--like I said. I didn't find them difficult. I wasn't particularly high leveled, either. I suppose it depended on which characters you were using--I think I had Sabin, Terra, Edgar and Celes. Although I may be mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom