Yatta!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Slapped a sloppy skin on goku >_< i say sloppy cuz well... pelt mapping made everything 10x harder than it needed to be, but i did the pelt mapping on wendnesday in hope of doing the skin... lol. Many things I dont like about this skin, especially the clothing texture. I hate how uncontrasted it all is, I tried something new this time and used my darkest texture at the bottom (only done it on buildings before) I can see its advantages but It also has some drawbacks with layer order and detail =/ Also i didnt really bother with getting seams to match up >_> I gots lazeh. I hope i dont have to make another dbz model for a long time, hopefully the next character model i make will be something realistic D: or at least in my drawing style. Only reason i did Son Goku was cuz he's my fav character <3.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/Models/crappyexpressions.jpg - this shows why i try to model all my dbz models with strange eyebrows/eyes, so hopefully I can make some expressions out of them when im done, so far kid goku's been the most successful, but as you can see, its still pretty primative :( also, im not too sure how good an idea it is, scince from underneath, you can see the brow and the pupil are really far away...

This skin isnt for the comp i dont think, so dont get confussled, I just like to skin my own models and get some learning out of it, safe to say i wont decide to take the easy route with the peltmapping again, bad mistake...

Best answers
Yatta, yatta, yatta-do!!! The model looks awesome, Skiwan! Keep it ubber up!

Discord Member
Best answers
WoahO_O awesome
I looked and looked and couldnt find anything wrong
This is the sure winner of the Kama competition :D

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa... nice dude. He's tan! :) hmm.. I can see what you mean by different... I liked your render of the light grey shirt and dark pants.. Thought would be a pretty damn cool mixture. Light grey shirt.. dark gray pants.. Kinda like that contrast wouldnt you agree? Hook it up skiwan and Ill rig it for yah :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That kicks ass, David. o/ I'm also loving the expressions. They look spot-on, yo.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/images/covers/daizenshuu/daizenshuu-01.jpg You mean like that? I wanted to do that, but i knew the longer shirt would increase the polies alot =/ So i decided against it, I went for the look of goku at the start of db instead, basically cuz i didnt wanna do the orange gi after doing it with goku before so much :p

If u wanna rig it up for me you're more than welcome =P u are the master afterall D:

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks very nice man, the eyes bug me from the front for some reason though. Nothing really major, like it's fine as it is, I guess I was just looking more for the DB style in him :)

Best answers
WOW,.. you have made the right personality of goku,.. the face and hair looks like the manga,.. really good job Davidskiwan,.. you surprise me time after time,.. just one thing,.. the colour of the close,.. is that the right colour ??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i kinda dislike the skin tone as the unsharp edge expression, like the muscle defination n stuff.

Also may add contrast to the pants . I like the way how the pants folds flow on the back and front view, but i kinda dislike them from the side, maybe leave there one darker tone then those changes between light n dark.

as also the expression is fine, but the face looks in my monitor very blury.

Nice piece of work though, just i gues you rushed to much with the texture.

If ya didnt understood some tell me, i dont think right ,right now because i just had a bad evening. (drunk)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he has quite some muscle definition for a toddler

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's too impressive, nice work.

Best answers
he looks more like goku from GT then the DB one, i dont like how you did the arm muscules : / also the pants folds.. look how neotek did hes. and hes hands look very very strange. I know goku chibi is rather a dificult character to model, but i sugest to remake some areas

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, I love it. I see no flaws in it. A great model from my Modeling Ideal.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
he looks more like goku from GT then the DB one, i dont like how you did the arm muscules : / also the pants folds.. look how neotek did hes. and hes hands look very very strange. I know goku chibi is rather a dificult character to model, but i sugest to remake some areas
I think that depends on which episodes/movies you saw of DB, the first drawings of chibi Goku in DB are different then those in the DB movie.

I think it rocks, I do kinda agree on the arm muscles, but only coz it looks too, blurry, but other then that its a kick ass model.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
haha, I guess, If you've ever seen DB movie 4, you'd understand what style i was going for, end of dbz style dragonball goku (lookeh at the url i posted earlier, or ) it was either that or http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3744/db010103sgz6.jpg and i much prefer the newer dbz style, not just because it looks cooler, but the inconsistancies in the old db style are so great i knew it'd be nearly impossible to get a head and body with the right kinda proportions all over. Also Im not about to lift my skinage of somebody else on here, instead i've kept faithful to the style I've used before, I went a little overboard on the number of folds I know, but it looked so empty without them. The hands just havent been skinned right =P Like i said i got lazy on the seams.

The reason the biceps look a little out of place is because the arms on this model are ball jointed, So they had absolutely no connection to the armpits. Thing is with the blurryness and muscle definition, is I did it for a reason, see, I have people telling me he's already too defined and I also have people confirming I havent got enough contrast in there already, So imo This was the best way to solve the problem. I know, I could've done more work for it, but i really couldnt be arsed, dbz models bore the hell out of me these days, might fix the seams but thats about it. - actually i might fix more... depends how lazy i am :x

Best answers
this is goku from the beggining of dragonball , his outfit it's too darkblue , make it lighten , and it looks too mature for his age , and also you should make it more chubier.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love that Model. Hopefully you let this version be like that.
Would look good as an GT Kid Goku. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom