Best answers
I know =P where'd u think i got them :p

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And what a great choice of style it is.
I like it over all, only few things that I find out of place are the pupils, I think they should touch the eye brows just a bit, and less muscle defenition.
The model itself is great, I can tell the proportions are perfect to the refs you based them on but I know what you mean about DBZ models bore you these days ;P I kinda feel the same way lol you did a nice job non the less <3 great stuff once again David.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
>_< indeed, modeling dbz becomes such a drag these days :(

The pupils are a little low because the brows are modeled above them, If you look downwards onto him his pupils touch the eyebrows the more upwards you look at his face the more it shows =\ I dunno how to fix this though without messing up the side view or 3/4 view, hence why i said I dunno if doing so is such a good idea >_>

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/images/covers/kanzenban/kanzenban_01.jpg - Is this what you ment darktooth >_>?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly he missed the deadline :(

But its an ace model :p

Teach me :rolleyes:

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
danke for the lovely comments D:

It's from dragonball movie 4 : Path to power - its like a summary of half of dragonball

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know, to me the skin looks really flat. Anime-esque or not, the main things i see wrong (IMO) are:

Shadows on muscles and mouth / nose are very blurry, sharpness could win here.

Not many colors in skintone.

Its a great job otherwise.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dave....

Please...let me have your babies. <3 I love the "Wtf?" one it's AWSOME!

You're an excellent modeller :D

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers

I know what u mean bap, so i've done a lil improvement, hopefully its better :p

thanks chris ^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That's HOT davey!

My only crit would be to open photoshop, select the sharpen tool that's above the smudge tool, then set it to 15% strength and make the pizel size about 150px, then make sure "use all layers". Then just go over the entire skin a couple strokes to give the entire model a nice crisp look, it will get rid of the sorta-smudgy/soft looking areas such as under his eyes.

Best of luck bro!

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet progress man =D looking fantastic.
Agree with Ne0 on the sharpness, just a bit of it on the skin/flesh for the crisp look and it's perfect

Awesome work man <3

Best answers
I see that Dave always makes his gokus hair very pointed , and angled ... that's not soo good

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I really love that model, he looks so cute with the eyes and all. I think the eyes are fine, I see what he means, but then again you don't see the models from this close ingame and stuff, so I don't think it's needed, that is really great, I don't have anything bad to say, I never do :(

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do think that certain areas could be "sharper" like the muscles and the eyes etc. But other than that it's pure utter sex.

<3

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Mirai_no_Trunks said:
I see that Dave always makes his gokus hair very pointed , and angled ... that's not soo good

lollllll looool xD yes make it furry, lmao bwahhaha god that was funny.

anyways, awesome update =)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Mirai_no_Trunks said:
Im not trying to be rude towards you, but Its hard to not make it like that, get it right from every angle and keep it low poly, and besides, dbz hair is very sharp and angular in the later style, in early dragonball everything is much more curved, however we've already established which style im going for. If you dont like it so much, then take my outdated goku head out of your signature.

Thanks for the comments and advice guys, I'll sharpen it up a little when i can be arsed, though not with the sharpen tool >_< sharpen tool is evil =P I dunno what to do with the muscles though since i'll either piss people off for having too defined muscles, or they'll be too blurry =\. WoW has consumed me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom