Yamcha WIP

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont illuminate with omni's just set it to 100% self iluminate. id suggust cleaning up the polies in the face, theres a lot you dont need. also, why are you modeling in triangles in some area's and quads in others? stixk with quads, tis much easyer.

Best answers
thx,

I always model some triangles, some quads. Eventually it will all be triangles anyways. >.<

ill post an update ina min

set to self illumination, took out some polys, Im not sure why its overly bright like that, it renders normally. >.< took bothe omni's out.

EDIT :

Best answers
his forhead looks a littel funny ..

anyway gj

Best answers
thx, I finished the body,

Im not quite surewhat you mean with the forhead, But ill see what i can do

Best answers
Ok lets go.

His face looks flat from the side, fix it. It could be the lighting you gave him though. Take out the pupil. Take out the eyebrows, they both take polygons that are un-needed. Arms are a lil funky, they dont have that yamcha look, the hair isnt attached to the head. Forehead is a tad too big.

Whats the final polycount on him? He just dosnt have that yamcha touch.

Best answers
lol

Ok, 2800 polys

He must have the eyes and eyebrows partialy modeled in, because this is for hl2, and it requires the detail to deform properly

I matched the face up to a few different refs .. yammcha just has a big ass forhead

The hair is not attached to the head because the model isnt complete, and i dont like remirroring to fix things.

Ill post a front and side, if youd be willing to do a drawover. As for the pupil, it also needs to be there for animation purposes.

EDIT : i also modeled his feet wrong >< he has shoes not boots lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couple things:
1) It doesnt look anything like yamcha. If it wasnt for the hair, he can be anyone. Work on the face a lot more. The nose is off, and the face is to long.
2) You dont need pupils to be able to deform in HL2.
3) The arms are really wierd, dont look proper. The shoulders are a little huge. Ure arms kinda look like this \_ , u should still have a arch for the shoulder, but not that huge. I hope you understand what im trying to say.
4) The shirt looks really wierd. With 2800 polys, you can add alot more details to the shirt. It has no wrinkles or anything. If your going to add details, detail that, not pupils.
5) Im not shure, but are the neck and shirt even connected? Those jagged lines dont look like it does.

Best answers
the neck and shirt are connected

The pupils are necissary, if i delete them, we will just put them back when its skinned and animated.

Ill post a flat shade in a min, of the front and side. Ill do it for the face as well, w/o the hair so you guys can crit it then. update in like 10 mins

im probly going to delete the neck and rebuild it ... >< its buggin the crap outta me.

Im not sure what u mean with the shoulder thing. Im looken for refs for his face.

Guys be brutal, its gotta be good when its done. more crits ><

Drawovers help the most!

Best answers
Okay i think you need a drawover.

I think Yamcha mooks more or less like this:

Heh,i kind of enjoy doing this stuff.

Best answers
Heh, great drawover ill fix it up in a min,

thx :)

EDIT:

Also, keep in mind, the model has to have a neutral face, because it allows for more expressions when using the face poser.

>.< So i cant make his face unsymetrical. and his face needs to be emotionless. :/ it would be alot easier if i could just make him have an angry face. But it has to stay neutral.

EDIT :

Thanks a TON to DavidSkiwan for the drawovers. The Face is fixed, the hair is prety much done

Ill be starting on the body shortly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the side ref looks too much like gohan. The hair also looks to skinny when looking at it from the front like....

<--- HAIR ---> extend it outward... <--- H A I R --->. Get what I mean? This might seem too nit-picky but I want a GOOD YAMCHA! Keep up the good work mate!

------
When I look at the side view, where the hair is (around the neck) I think it forms too much with the head shape. Try to make it more shaggy. So my crits are basically the hair, because the face is pretty much the same as any other dbz character (cept for the scars, naturally) The hair makes him stand out the most :)

Best answers

im just gona stick with the refs davidskiwan made for now.

Here is a progress update, ignore the split down the middle .. its just the mirror line, ill fix it when the model is done

from the head down to the belt is pretty close to done. just fine tuning left untill i weld the 2 halfs together.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WAIT! before you finish...
FIX THE HANDS! they look fat at the wrists

Best answers

Updated img

once again Huge HUGE :) thanx to Davidskiwan for Drawovers and crits.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looking really good man, im really liking this model, ^_^ very accurate, and its refreshing to see yamcha around =P , i dunno why but i really love the hair, awesome work man, keep it comming >;o

Best answers
Enjoy

And because i know someone is gona say something about the knuckles i fixed them already but i was too lazy to make a new render

lol ok. hes done folks ... Ill post a screeny when hes skinned ^_^

Best answers
Really nice work, will be good to see it skinned.

I wouldn't of known there was a new pic, bloody forum isn't showing new posts ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom