y isnt my steam/esf shortcut working?

Best answers
my shortcuts arent working and its pissing me off. esf - "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game esf
steam - "C:\Program Files\Steam\"
i am using a legal version of halflife and i am using steam. i rlly dont wanna re install steam because if i choose to do that re installing my games would b a pain in the ass. can some1 please help?

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is your start in directory?

c:\steam\steamapps\"insert account name"\half-life

Best answers
ok, the shortcuts r working but somehpw my esf got deleted. can i get a link to big pack 8.4? the 1 in the addons section just brings me to the menu of filefront

Best answers
Same here, I already played ESF with steam 2 or 3 years ago ( I think ) it was quite an experience...

I could play with any of my steam account but I lost the two of them because I lend them to some friends and they've been hacked :(

I tried everything on my brother's steam account which had only counter-strike on it, include so shortcut thing it's strange...

I remember that I've never been installing Half-life so far ... :/ I just install ESF here and there as if it was a simply game really I don't remember for Half-life game but I'm sure I had Counter-Strike 1.6 ( Never been on the forums too ^^' so I guess it's the same ? So why everyone is saying that we absolutely need Half-life ? )

But I had the old half life ( without steam ) installed, is it the same now ?

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Counter-Strike v1.6 has changed over the years, and is not really compatible anymore with ESF. As I've heard of others, CS v1.6 is missing components / special files that this mod requires, and Half-Life has what ESF needs. And it's not the same I'm afraid, you still need Steam and a valid copy of Half-Life activated through steam.

Best answers
*Sigh* ... I don't wanna buy half-life again :(
Too bad

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what 5$ for a game you need to play esf lol its not that much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom