xbox 360

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, being Dutch, I saw this months ago. It's a known problem with the machines. All you really can do that I know of is keep it horizontal and not bump into it or anything while it's reading a disc. But obviously, that still doesn't always work. The thing vibrates like a mofo.

Unfortunately, it's not as durable or reliable as I'd like.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure turning it vertical after the machine is already on doesn't help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't. But they mentioned this. They called up the customer service, and they said that the machine wasn't to blame, but rather that the kid must've done either of many things, including but not limited to moving the machine. Which he didn't.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So all the scratching disc problems would be solved if they put four small pads inside the damn machine? Doesn't sound that expensive, Microsoft needs to get on that, it'll probably save them a lot of money in the end.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the circular scratches do indeed come from moving the console while it is on, I have kept mine horizontal the entire time ive had it and it does not "vibrate like a mofo".

it did however leave a crack in my initial copy of gears of war, and where it was at (along the center ring) im thinking it was caused because i was playing it in near freezing temperatures and the discs came out incredibly warm.. the sudden shift in temperature may have made the disc more brittle and prone to breakage(or i may just have a overactive brain and got a ****ty disc lol)

upon returning it, the guy that worked there said that it had happened to several other people with various 360 games.

since that day, my 360 has not put a scratch or a crack in any other games,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. I think I heard somewhere that it was done to cut costs, but it just sounds so stupid. They're there to prevent scratching. This means that the manufacturers know the drives can cause scratches. Microsoft must also know this. And yet they had the pads removed. It doesn't make sense. Not when the 360 is selling as well as it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I noes. They make plenty of cash on the games, though. There're plenty of consoles out there, with plenty of games. Surely they make enough games from their gaming division alone to afford a couple of stupid pads on the lens.

Best answers
I heard the Xbox 360 will only scratch when you move it from a vertical to a horizontal position whilst the CD is in the drive and turned on

as much as most people know I dislike Microsoft, this is not a big problem and not something you really want to be worried about and for once not something they themselves cause, as it's not like it scratches the CD on purpose because you actually need to do something to the console in order for the Cd to be scratched so therefor it's your fault!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I noes. They make plenty of cash on the games, though. There're plenty of consoles out there, with plenty of games. Surely they make enough games from their gaming division alone to afford a couple of stupid pads on the lens.
Not really. The xbox division is a billion dollars in the hole so far.

Best answers
I just watched the video as well, sorry but the kids like 10 - 12? He could of scratched the damn thing himself and then blamed the console

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched the video as well, sorry but the kids like 10 - 12? He could of scratched the damn thing himself and then blamed the console
I don't think so, I heard of 360 owners are claiming similar things.
Ring of death! OooOooOoH!lol360

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
never scratched a single disk between five of us here, albeit one time when a friend moved his xbox vertical as said above.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a perfect circle? He didn't scratch it, people have been complaining the 360 destroys discs since the thing came out.

Best answers
The funny thing is this is how the 360 is right now..

They advertise it as being able to go vertical or horizontal, but they suggest you sit it horizontal?

Ok i won't lie i had mine vertical for 1 year and then it died, i went and got a brand new one, it seems the brand new ones have the disc errors where as the old ones had different errors.

So i talked to a few friends about some of the problems they said to sit it horizontal but it will overheat, but sit it vertical and it will scratch cd's so microsoft released a cooling fan you had to buy seperately....I said it before ill say it again, microsoft are marketing geniuses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i havent had any problems with any of my consoles because i take care of them.

cept that stupid "Red light" bull**** on my xbox, but they sent me a new one for free so whatever

yeah, if your xbox is standing verticle, and you kick it, the cd is going to come of the trey and be sliced to hell.

and the xbox does of little rubber pads, for both positions

Best answers
damn i wanted to buy a 360, sounds like it has heaps of problems/errors, il try get a ps3 then?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
PS3 is good.. Even though really expensive, but it is worth the money. But, I dislike the fact that the charger plug of the wireless controller gets damaged pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom