XBOX 360 Launch phail.......

Best answers
Well, as far as the *****ing goes, if I buy a console (or any product for that matter) for 400$, I expect it to work. I'm not going to let it slide just because other people ***** too much. It really wouldn't matter to me if .001% of the products were bad, I'd still be pissed. Of course I would replace it and life would go on, but I would still see it as incompetance on the part of the company. Microsoft will take **** no matter what they do, and they do it gladly, that's how companies grow. They wouldn't be as big as they are if they didn't listen to their customer's opinions and experiances. If people are pissed about the 360 launch, they'll do something different next time around.

You can't just tell people to 'stop *****ing,' though, it's not possible. I know I would be dissappointed with M$ if I had some of the problems other people are having with the 360. After all, it's my money that I spent on a product I expected to work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
every system ive had ive had to ghetto rig after a couple years except for my snes and sega genesis.

nes - for it to work i have to beat the crap out of it in certain ways for certain games
playstation - i have so many stickers on it it overheats and now will not work unless its standing like a tower

DC - the disk stopped spinning so i took the top off of it and rubber banned the disk spinning switch to the wall.

i take very good care of my systems aswell. my psx is a 1st generation model. my nintendo i got when i was 5 and i can still make it work. my genesis and snes still work perfectly

there is no reason why a system should crash especially right after the release. thats why they have testers for this ****. prject gothum crashing is a major problem and considering its a launch title should have been dealt with before launch. not to mention the over heating issues. the system was built specifically for these type of games but yet is crashing to them? thats just bad workmanship.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks like someone did at birth, as they knew people would want to for the rest of her life.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alrighty and all of a sudden we're back on topic!

Do the crashes suck? Of course they do, why wouldn't they? The point is don't buy a first generation console on the day of release. First generation everything has its faults, particularly when it is rushed. Is it unacceptable? Well I don't see a class action lawsuit, so I have to assume there A.) Aren't enough people, or B.) They're getting replacements. Stuff happens, and if you are unfortunate enough to have it happen to you, I feel your pain.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The real problem here isn't that the 360 is buggy. As has been pointed out on several occasions that's just the way consoles are at the beginning. We know that.

However there are a wave of new gamers coming in, the trendy gamers to whom the 360 has become the new 'thing to have' and these people generally expect their devices to work perfectly. It's these people, the ones Microsoft is hoping to win over with 360, who will be most alarmed by news of buggy consoles. That is where this will do the most damage.

So is it unacceptable? Of course not. But it's still going to be bad publicity and that's exactly what Microsoft didn't want for the launch of their 'Super-Console'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom